Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and its world.

Old 2001-06-10, 11:21
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Red face Conversation in LBA3

Would it be cool if LBA3 had a conversation system similar to that of all the LucasArts adventures (where you can choose a question/remark/reply). LBA used this already on some occasions...but would it be fun if it was used in all conversations?
Old 2001-06-10, 11:56
Magic Ball Master

Hm... yeah, it could be nice... But it would make it less LBA, because 1 and 2 didn't use this system.
Old 2001-06-10, 13:39
the Cursed

Send a message via ICQ to CrOvAx
I think they should change not too much in comparison with the previous LBA's. Except a new (and MUCH longer) story, new vehicles, new locations (less alienplaces, more normal villages) and updated graphics.
So I think you should keep the conversation-system.

Last edited by CrOvAx; 2001-06-10 at 14:00.
Old 2001-06-10, 14:18
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
I think the conversation system should be improved. One of the best bits in LBA1 was when you escaped from the prison and a guard asks you what your doing. ("Just Fixing Antennas")
Although I think they should go the whole way and have a 'Spooky Talk' system used in STARSHIP TITANIC. It Allowed you to say ANTHING, and the characters replied intelegently.It wasn't perfect, but I was extremely clever system.

And the game should make more use of the 'modes'.
In LBA2, I think you only actually HAD to use a particular mode once.

(ohh...and....Welcome CrOvAx)
Old 2001-06-10, 16:18

Location: Tippet Island (Real Location: Belo Horizonte - Brasil)
Cool

i think lba1 conversation is the best too .
Old 2001-06-10, 16:54
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
Multiple answering system would be cool

Perhabs also a bit in the AD&D games way, that you can give a polite anwer and a rude one
Old 2001-06-10, 20:03

Thumbs Down

I really didnt like how in the monkey islands and other lucas arts games how they used the way to post different replys. It always would not let me use the dialogue that i wanted to use it always skiped over it i would like to be able to type in a comand and the person would respond to it.
Old 2001-06-10, 21:33
the Cursed

THX Darkflame !
I like your movies btw! Man, I'm really looking forward to the finish of the movie-project, it looks SO cool !

But, okee, lets stick to the subject.
Now you mention it, that with "fixing the antenna" and "I'm Santa Claus" was quite cool So maybe they should add it, but there should be no long, boring conversations, so only a few options, not too much. Maybe max. 3 in one conversation, otherwise I'm standing still too long IMHO, and I love to run around with twinsen

Last edited by CrOvAx; 2001-06-10 at 21:54.
Old 2001-06-10, 22:14
Mageling at heart

What about if conversation was affected by the behavioural mode? You get some options, but if you're in aggressive mode the person is more likely to run away or get aggressive themselves instead of giving you information.
- kirsty maccoll
Old 2001-06-10, 22:19
the Cursed

Whow, I really like that idea. This would mean you shouldn't get too long and too borig conversations. But you can add extra humor, and even more freedom in the game !
Excellent idea.

One thing maybe is that you then maybe should have to change to often to normal, and can't stay in atletic. (such in LBA1, where you had to change to normal each time you wanted to talk to folks or someting like that)
Old 2001-06-10, 23:29
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
That might be a good idea Keiron. But it could also be that when your being agressive that they will give you the info earlier but you "aligment" goes down
Old 2001-06-10, 23:36
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Quote:
Originally posted by Sirtruxalot
i would like to be able to type in a comand and the person would respond to it.
That was what happened in Starship Titanic, I seemed to have been the only one that played it, but the charecters did exactly that.
There was a bit in the game where you have to pursade a Robot to chuck a TV into a 'Well'. It was really funny, you just had to keep typing stuff like "Chuck the TV or ELSE!","Chuck it!".
The AI in the game was impressive, the charecters understond what you typed.
--------
The idea about different speach in different modes is cool, it was used in the game 'Dark Earth', and worked very well.
Old 2001-06-11, 10:48
Master of Science & Magic

a bit more interaction in the dialogs would be nice indeed, it would develop twinsen a little more.
Old 2023-01-02, 14:37
Magic Level: Fire Ball

What do our current active members think about this? Is there any conversation where you would have liked to reply differently or to ask about something else? Do you think the advances in AI will lead to an open conversation system (mentioned by Darkflame) being fun for everyone?

I think it's particularly interesting in light of the discussions we had about if Twinsen has a personality and if he was evil.