Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and it's world.

Old 2011-08-06, 18:48
Neko

superstitions?

Hey guys,

started to replay lba1. How dark is this game? I forgot...It's quite insane really having to run from the system, work your way up untill you can beat the system. I love it so much more now that I'm a bit older :P

Anyway, what is Funfrock claiming when he says he saved people from the "superstitions"?
Old 2011-08-06, 20:46
the hobbits to Otringal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
Hey guys,

started to replay lba1. How dark is this game? I forgot...It's quite insane really having to run from the system, work your way up untill you can beat the system. I love it so much more now that I'm a bit older :P
I might give LBA1 another go this summer. :P Think that makes 6 full runs... Not that much for a fan I guess.
Quote:

Anyway, what is Funfrock claiming when he says he saved people from the "superstitions"?
The Legend. He made it forbidden to talk about it, and so on.

http://forum.magicball.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2558&dateline=1285864225
Old 2011-08-06, 20:53
Magic Level: Fire Ball

Quote:
It's quite insane really having to run from the system, work your way up untill you can beat the system. I love it so much more now that I'm a bit older :P
I know right? I fondly remember when I got out of citadel island's prison for the first time, that powerful music played, soldiers and clones were everywhere. I thought to myself "oh god, it's me against the world"
Old 2011-08-06, 20:58
Neko

Exactly...

just thought about it and when you flat out write the story of both game...lba 2 seems like a filler story before we go on with the real stuff.
Not saying lba2 was not a great game..it is!
but I really think lba1 would be awesome if once remade, with bigger cities, more characters and 3d and stuff
Old 2011-08-06, 20:58
Neko

ps it works flawless on my windows 7 64 bit

but when chosing a soundcard i think the ol soundblaster is a better choice, the midi files sound very different depending on the soundcard you choose
Old 2011-08-08, 00:28
LOLwut?

Do you get to play it correctly with Widescreen monitors???

My LBAs look terrible if I play them at full resolution because the proportions aren't right =/

As you've noticed, LBA1 has a more powerful story than LBA2 but in the current state of both games I find LBA2 to be more pleasant to play.

I like the begining of LBA2 a lot more, for example, you feel like you've more freedom to explore the world at your own pace.

Although, in LBA2 you don't feel the pressure and the importance of things until the final arc; LBA1 instead gets that straight from day one.

Old 2011-08-08, 00:33
Neko

I love both games but the difference in style is staggering. I think for example that the alien invasion did not nearly seem as bad as funfrock's reign. Funfrock made it seem real dark...
Old 2011-08-08, 03:46
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Send a message via MSN to Streg
indeed LBA1 is way darker... I was so shocked when I played LBA1 the first time, after LBA2.
Old 2011-08-08, 12:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Jackson View Post
just thought about it and when you flat out write the story of both game...lba 2 seems like a filler story before we go on with the real stuff.
Not saying lba2 was not a great game..it is!
What is this, a parrot-spambot?
Someone should ban it.

Last edited by Lawrence; 2011-08-08 at 18:09.
Old 2011-08-08, 17:43
Here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
What is this, a parrot-spambot?
Someone should ban it.
Already banned. Please get rid of the links in your quote.
Old 2011-08-18, 22:34
Polly parrot

Never thought of it from that angle... For me, nearly every game is like "me against the world".
Old 2011-08-26, 20:25
Master of Degree

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGaspar View Post
Do you get to play it correctly with Widescreen monitors???

My LBAs look terrible if I play them at full resolution because the proportions aren't right =/
You can most likely correct the widescreen issues for 4:3 games in your graphics card settings. I think most of them (if not all) have that possibility.

Recently I finished playing though both LBA 1 and 2 again, and I would not think of LBA 2 story as a filler story. I was again amazed of how the story builds up from a small 'issue' and adds new elements that fit perfectly, slowly increasing the difficulty. When I first played LBA 2 (that was before I played LBA 1) I thought that rescuing Raph would be the end of the game .

All LBA technical information goes in here -> LBA File Information Project

LBA Prequel Demo has been released! See our blog
Old 2011-08-26, 20:31
Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zink View Post
You can most likely correct the widescreen issues for 4:3 games in your graphics card settings. I think most of them (if not all) have that possibility.

Recently I finished playing though both LBA 1 and 2 again, and I would not think of LBA 2 story as a filler story. I was again amazed of how the story builds up from a small 'issue' and adds new elements that fit perfectly, slowly increasing the difficulty. When I first played LBA 2 (that was before I played LBA 1) I thought that rescuing Raph would be the end of the game .
I actually now see how good a game lba2 really is. The story is better of one, but purely from adventure viewpoint it's better
Old 2011-08-27, 07:18
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
Reminds me of the first time I played LBA 2, exactly 10 years ago. I liked keeping my sisters updated with my progress in the game, so after I told them that I healed Dino-Fly, one of them asked "so, did you finish the game?".
Old 2011-08-30, 20:59
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Send a message via MSN to Streg
i remember that the first time i ever played lba2 it took me weeks to how to heal the dinofly and even more time to find all the fragments :P I thought the game was very long, and I would have never imagined that you could finish it in a few hours.
Old 2011-08-30, 23:50
New efforts! :)

Send a message via MSN to Necdilzor
Heh, the first time I played LBA2 I also thought that curing Dino-Fly would be the end. When I got to the fragments, I couldn't believe how much time I'd been playing. (A year and 3 months). Mi niciest experience in videogames .

Take a look at the blog!

LBA:LID Demo v1.0 HERE
Report bugs here! Thanks Alexfont!
----------------------------------------
Take a look at Vindish's mod!
Old 2011-08-31, 01:10

Yeah, the same happened to me. It took me an incredible amount of time to cure dino fly, defeat the Tralu, do the three school of magic tests, etc.
To me, Twinsun felt immense as a kid. Seriously, when I got to Zeelich for the first time my mind was blown.
Old 2011-08-31, 10:22
Magic Level: Red Ball

Send a message via ICQ to ras maxim
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreGGy View Post
i remember that the first time i ever played lba2 it took me weeks to how to heal the dinofly and even more time to find all the fragments
Maybe because you was 10 years old.
Old 2011-08-31, 11:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by ras maxim View Post
Maybe because you was 10 years old.
That's... kind of the point I think everyone is trying to make.
Playing this game as a kid magnified the challenge and complexity of it, while now we can complete it easily. It's about looking back at those times nostalgically
Old 2011-08-31, 11:59
the hobbits to Otringal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
That's... kind of the point I think everyone is trying to make.
Playing this game as a kid magnified the challenge and complexity of it, while now we can complete it easily. It's about looking back at those times nostalgically
Back then, with LBA1, I literally spend at least one week before I figured out Zoe was meant to be kidnapped. I kinda figured I lost the game letting that happen. Well also because they would kick me back in the cell.

Hehe, and then spend ages finding out just how to get back in the house.

http://forum.magicball.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2558&dateline=1285864225
Old 2011-08-31, 12:45
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
Of course, it's possible to get into discreet mode and hide in one of the rooms, and that way you won't be back in jail. I can vaguely remember this part from when my friend showed me the game on his computer, a few years before I played it myself.
Old 2011-08-31, 13:31
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
i still claim that the whole puring the clear water on the runic stone thing was unfair cause there was absolutely no indication anywhere that i was supposed to do that...this resulted in me wasting months of my life in vain
Old 2011-08-31, 14:09
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by morshem View Post
Of course, it's possible to get into discreet mode and hide in one of the rooms, and that way you won't be back in jail. I can vaguely remember this part from when my friend showed me the game on his computer, a few years before I played it myself.
You can hide right behind the drawer where the Magic Ball & Tunic are.
Old 2011-08-31, 15:21
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
I actually now see how good a game lba2 really is. The story is better of one, but purely from adventure viewpoint it's better
Yeah, I far prefer the gameplay of LBA 2. I actually prefer the story of 2 as well, but probably because I played that first, so there is some sentimentality there.

I'll never forget giving up on this game for ages because I didn't realize you had to go into discreet mode to hit the buttons for the undergas elevator. I hated the game for a long time because I couldn't figured that out. I thought I had missed some secret entrance or something.
Old 2011-08-31, 15:25
You what?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakin View Post
i still claim that the whole puring the clear water on the runic stone thing was unfair cause there was absolutely no indication anywhere that i was supposed to do that...this resulted in me wasting months of my life in vain
That is probably the strangest part of the game (yeah I know the whole thing is strange), there were no clues leading up to it, and why would it just blow up the whole fortress around it but remain intact itself?