Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2011-08-21, 18:40
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Radio shows..

I wondered if anyone here listened to radio shows (either online or broadcast).

Dont expect this to be as popular as the tv thread, but as just curious as they are quite convient when working on stuff to have in the background.

I'm sorry I havnt a clue - Daft "sort of" panel game, been running a very long time now and is normaly pretty funny. Probably most famous for inventing the game Mornington Creasent.

Another Case of Milton Jones
- Started listening to this recently. Basicly a comedic story with the same set of actors but a different scenario each week. Jokes come very fast, but are normaly pretty bad puns, still entertaining overall. Its silly and predictable after a few epps but very funny as well.
Old 2011-08-21, 19:01
Here.

I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue is one of my favourites. Personally, I'm not hugely fond of Milton Jones, so I'm not often very eager to listen to his show. The News Quiz, which is a satirical topical news show (much like HIGNFY) is probably my favourite. The Now Show is in a similar vein, but a bit more modern in format.

I can't think of too many others atm. Sometimes I'll tune into The Long Hot Satsuma, which is a pretty nice sketch comedy show.
Old 2011-08-21, 23:07
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Ah, yes, I do enjoy The Now Show, thats pretty good. More or less like a radio uk daily show.
Never even heard of Milton Jones before I listened, but I can see how its not for everyone.

Btw, the first ever episodes of ISIHAC is up right now O_o

I'll give The Long Hot Satsuma a go.
Old 2011-08-30, 11:58
/ʤæmfɪʃ/

The Long Hot Satsuma is a bit hit and miss as far as I'm concerned, but I did enjoy it.

If you like ISIHAC, you may enjoy Hamish and Dougal (You'll Have Had Your Tea) which is basically extended 15 minute editions of Graeme Garden and Barry Cryer mucking around in Sound Charades! ISIHAC grew out of I'm Sorry I'll Read that Again, which I also really enjoy.

The radio show which I have just fallen in love with is The Masterson Inheritance, "the improvised saga of a family at war with itself," which I find hysterically funny. With Paul Merton, Jim Sweeney, Josie Lawrence and Caroline Quentin of Whose Line is it Anyway fame, they improvise a story around the suggestions of their studio audience. Unfortunately I think it's finished on Radio 4 Extra now.
And gave it a name, so then it wasn't mine
Old 2011-09-02, 20:32
Classic

Cool, give those a go too

There was also a History of Mornington Creasent I downloaded, but havnt had a chance to listen yet
Old 2011-09-03, 00:04
/ʤæmfɪʃ/

Is that the two parter? In Search of Mornington Crescent and Everyman's Guide to Mornington Crescent. Both are very good
And gave it a name, so then it wasn't mine
Old 2011-09-03, 16:09
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Send a message via MSN to Streg
it's funny how only english members are posting here :P (don't know about fireball anyway)