Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and its world.

Old 2009-06-20, 08:21
LOLwut?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosFish View Post
I think we already established the LBA7 "Embodiment of The Third Sendell" expansion pack was long and full of features enough to be considered LBA8.
Yeah, it was kind like the Half-Life 2 episodes that were basically Half-Life 3.

"Embodiment of The Third Sendell" and the wonderful gem that's "Entity Reloaded" really make up for an eight game. It's a shame the third and final expansion pack for LBA VII, the so-called "Baldino's Legend" delivered just 6 hs of buggy gameplay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medur View Post
Just watched the trailer.

I'm kind of annoyed that IX is based on the storyline of VI-2, which to be quite honest I found disappointing. I'm not too fond of fan service, if you catch my drift.

I have to say it's looking good tho, and the LightningSpell engine is promising. Also what's with that hooded quetch? Could it be Twinsen?
The trailer was a blast, but I think they lost some particule effects in the transition to the LightningSpell engine 2.0 from LS 1.0 in favor of more fluid animations.

I haven't played LBA VI-2 yet, since most people say it's derivative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bot13 View Post
At least they got rid of that horrible cell shading.
Yuck, that's the reason I never liked the LBA VI saga too much, that was a cheap attempt to gain new fans. It worked pretty well for LBA IV, but it was already old by the time VI was released.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobold View Post
I don't care about the graphics as long as they get the controls right. Those bazillion behaviour modes in the remake of LBA V were really stupid. Who needs "standing", "tripping" and "sleeping" anyway? Also, slippery mode was useless.
Am I the only one enjoying that mod to add "bumping the cow" behaviour?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-J View Post
As long as they don't bring that dev team they had for LBA VIII, I'll be happy. God, they must have been from LJN!
+1

This and the cell-shading from LBA VI were pretty lame.

Did you know they just had a year to make VIII? Also, most of the main dev team was tuning the LS engine for LBA IX already.

I for one, would love to see a remake of LBA IV, that's quickly becoming old. But they skipped it in favor of V .

One could dream about LBA XI being multiplayer like IV, plus the epic story of V, the gameplay and gameplay hours of VII+Expansions and the graphics of IX. That would be a P-E-R-F-E-C-T game.

Last edited by RGaspar; 2009-06-21 at 07:22.
Old 2009-06-20, 10:46
Polish Pride

I think you're getting you're numerals mixed up RG. We're only up to 9 (IX), and you're already talking about XI . Unless... you come from the future?
Old 2009-06-20, 11:23

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
Okay. I know this is going to piss off a lot of people, but for me the true LBA spirit died with LBA7. Everybody knows that 8 was commercial copout to get more green bucks for Fred and Co.

If you're a true fan of the series, you'll agree that 7 is the best. I couldn't believe that shit when they brought Zoe back in 8 (aka "LBA7: EoTTS") after Twinsen had already put her body in a BLOODY LAKE! Not only that but they had to double her breast size and replace her skirt with a scarf that barely covered anything. Bloody fanservice.

Also, why did Arthur turn all Emo and replaced his Mball with a shooting sword? He looked like that bloody guy from Malice Mizer:

What Dedier, no orginality anymore? Gotta copy some J-rock star for concept art?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Gackt.jpg‎
Views:	2370
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	8086  
Old 2009-06-20, 12:42
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Yes, but as explained in the comics, it was the Lake Of Life, where she rested with the sea-angels until her corporeal form was restored.
It wasnt retconing in the slightest!
Old 2009-06-20, 23:54
LBA fan

LethalSwordsMan, as we all know LBA X (currently under development) will be a MMORPG. I guess RGaspar is just referring to the next "normal" title in the series.
Old 2009-06-21, 22:51
Polly parrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightwing View Post
Okay. I know this is going to piss off a lot of people, but for me the true LBA spirit died with LBA7. Everybody knows that 8 was commercial copout to get more green bucks for Fred and Co.

If you're a true fan of the series, you'll agree that 7 is the best. I couldn't believe that shit when they brought Zoe back in 8 (aka "LBA7: EoTTS") after Twinsen had already put her body in a BLOODY LAKE! Not only that but they had to double her breast size and replace her skirt with a scarf that barely covered anything. Bloody fanservice.
I'm sorry, but you're completely wrong here. All right, Zoe was better before her "death" but 8 came up with very good pieces of story facts. Without it, we could never discover that in ancient times, the ancestors of Funfrock helped the developpement of the Sendells. And anyway, LBA 2.5, remake of LBA 2, made 10 month after your dear LBA 7, is still full of LBA-spirit. You're gonna say "It's normal, it's a remake" but don't forget the weapon-stealing system and the new story part where Zoe brings Arthur to the kindergarten.
Old 2009-06-21, 23:10
LBA2 Maestro

I like the new game engine in LBA9, it's up-to-date.
I guess LBA10's beginning will be somewhere in the Uyasa-desert from LBA6, cause LBA9's ending is all about the weather that turns crazy on Twinsun and when 90% of the population dies, he flees to the underground desert of Citadel Island.
Old 2009-06-22, 01:15
Zebrazilla

Alright. I see then.

LBA Speedruns
Personal Best - LBA 1 - Any% PC - Time: 01h 04m 23s
Personal Best - LBA 1 - Any% Android - Time: 01h 04m 35s
Old 2009-06-22, 09:24
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Quote:
and when 90% of the population dies
They didnt die, they ascended to a higher plane of existence!

I know the evil Sendel clone couldnt be trusted overall, but she did have a change of heart at the end regarding funfrock, so I think she was telling the truth when she said that.
We will see Twinsuns population again in the Spirit Realm.
Old 2009-06-22, 12:14
Bamboo

Send a message via MSN to Jareth
Guys, I have some news. Apparently, LBA X is mainly developed for Xbox 1440 and the MMO mode will be only for Xbox Live Platinum subscribers...This sucks.

Also, I heard about LBA VI-2 being ported for Game Boy Pocket. Is that true?
Old 2009-06-22, 12:26
Polly parrot

But LBA X will still be developped on PC won't it ? I hated the fact that I had to play LBA V on an emulator...
Old 2009-06-22, 12:28
Classic

No, LBA10 is being developed for the new Xbox, LBAX is being devoloped for PC, Mac and the Commadore 6400.

Its a bit confusing.
The LBA10, however, will have special features paid for my microsoft. I havnt heard what they will be yet though.

Quote:
Most probably.
Seeing as GameboyPockets are now fitted as standard in all trousers, thats a big market for them.
Old 2009-06-22, 12:31
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jareth View Post
Guys, I have some news. Apparently, LBA X is mainly developed for Xbox 1440 and the MMO mode will be only for Xbox Live Platinum subscribers...This sucks.

Old 2009-06-22, 13:10
Bamboo

Send a message via MSN to Jareth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkflame View Post
No, LBA10 is being developed for the new Xbox, LBAX is being devoloped for PC, Mac and the Commadore 6400.

Its a bit confusing.
Yeah, you're right. But still, I saw the new Micro$hit commercial on TV with the new Xbox 1440. It sucks, cause they said, that LBA X will be the starting title for X1440 and you will get a 10 minute free trial Xbox Live Platinum. Now I'm VERY confused...

Quote:
Most probably.
Seeing as GameboyPockets are now fitted as standard in all trousers, thats a big market for them.
I heard they want to add a Wireless adapter to the Pocket and adding a Co-Op multiplayer mode for the LBAVI-2 port. I think it won't sale very good. Also, Apple wants to buy the rights for GBPocket right after the release of LBAVI-2 port and run a new PineApple OS on the GBP making LBA incompatible with the it...WTF...
Old 2009-06-22, 14:39
Polish Pride

Yea, trust microsoft to ruin everything... .
If they do the same thing they did for Fable series in 1, 2 and then the next 3, I'm going to be one pissed off customer

Since when did microsoft have any say in LBA though? Didn't Fred tell them to gtfo when they tried gaining special priveliges over in the best selling series of all time?

And seeing as all console games went much more out of fashion since Fred took his griphold over the standard of PC gaming, it'd be like gollum giving up the ring of power from LOTR. I think it's just more of that propaganda from microsoft since it started going downhill, Fred's NoCliche software is free and so much better than windows, they just want a bit of attention
Old 2010-10-06, 18:09
the legend

I'm very glad I've stumbled upon this by accident. This thread is a gem!
Pure hilarity.

Polaris: "And what is a guitar doing in the middle of an asteroïd anyway?"
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Old 2010-10-06, 18:21
Polly parrot

You have to understand Microsoft, they owned nearly the whole pc-operating system market. It must be very difficult for them to accept that some froggy is more popular than them, all of a sudden.
I am pissed off too though.
Old 2010-10-06, 18:40
Classic

Well, now that the demo for LBAXI-2 is release what do people think?

I thought the live action cutscenes worked a lot better then last time they tried it. But the ending confused the hell out of me. How could he have been the brother of the first zoe-prime when her planet exploded in -all- the dimensions other then this one? Also, what was with the robotic kangaroo's?
Old 2010-10-06, 19:47
Magic Ball Master

Quote:

I thought the live action cutscenes worked a lot better then last time they tried it. But the ending confused the hell out of me. How could he have been the brother of the first zoe-prime when her planet exploded in -all- the dimensions other then this one? Also, what was with the robotic kangaroo's?
Spoiler:
I think the robotic kangaroos are from Robostralia, the Downunder safari planet. But I could be wrong...

Last edited by Kobold; 2010-10-06 at 21:59. Reason: Spoiler tags added by request
Old 2010-10-06, 21:43
Polly parrot

Use spoiler tags ! I couldn't try it out yet, I'm busy with portal 12 ! (great game by the way)
Old 2010-10-07, 18:37
Magic Level: Green Ball

Quote:

I thought the live action cutscenes worked a lot better then last time they tried it.
It was a good game, but to be honest I thought that the cutscenes were awful! Why did they get the actors from the movie to do the cutscenes? The movie was so bad that it has seriously affected my enjoyment of the in-game cutscenes.

I preferred the way they were in the older games.
Old 2010-10-07, 19:10
Classic

Look, yes, yes I know I messed up the movie. I made the public apology years ago, you don't have to keep rubbing it in
Old 2010-10-19, 00:28
Polly parrot

Don't be so sad, Darkflame, your film isn't that bad, it's just that Twinsen could have been played by, y'know, a man, even if his voiveactor in the early games was a women...
Old 2010-11-13, 16:24
First time poster

!!!O.O!!!
Old 2010-11-14, 01:38
Mathemagician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
I'm sorry, but you're completely wrong here. All right, Zoe was better before her "death" but 8 came up with very good pieces of story facts. Without it, we could never discover that in ancient times, the ancestors of Funfrock helped the developpement of the Sendells. And anyway, LBA 2.5, remake of LBA 2, made 10 month after your dear LBA 7, is still full of LBA-spirit. You're gonna say "It's normal, it's a remake" but don't forget the weapon-stealing system and the new story part where Zoe brings Arthur to the kindergarten.
See, that still bugs me- in the original version of LBA2 Arthur is still far to young to be gonig to kindergarten in the ending sequence. It was a completly pointless retcon.

Besides that though I agree with you Polaris, LBA8 was way ahead of it's time- give it another ten years and you'll all realise that it's easily Frederick Raynal's greatest work.