Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and its world.

Old 2013-02-18, 22:33
Magic Level: Green Ball

What's really happening?

Ok so it's been well over a year and we know nothing :s

Is there a PC-remake being made? Is there an iOS/Android version being made? If so is it going well? Does anyone know if this is still happening?
Old 2013-02-18, 23:42
You Only Live Twice

Send a message via AIM to Twinsan Send a message via MSN to Twinsan
Why not? Broken sword is getting it's 5th game, this year, althrough it's delayed from feb/march to may/june.
Old 2013-02-18, 23:56
You Only Live Twice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratchet View Post
Cmon Twinsan. Get real. Its been almost 2 decades. LBA 3/ LBA Remake is never going to happen.
some thing take time, most films do not even get re makes until they are ripe and old. Namely wrath of the titans. The news on the 29th of December 2011 mentioned that the remake was in the process and like broken sword 5, it was years between the conformation and mention of the release date.

It's still too early to say it's been called off.
Old 2013-02-19, 00:20
~

Quote:
Cmon Twinsan. Get real. Its been almost 2 decades. LBA 3/ LBA Remake is never going to happen.
LBA 3 - no.
LBA Remake - why not?
Old 2013-02-19, 00:24
You Only Live Twice

I agree with kasia, lba3 is nothing more than a fan boy dream, but they actually said they were working on a remake.

We need a little less pessimism here and little more looking into it.

Old 2013-02-19, 00:25
~

Quote:
Fred doesn't care about lba anymore.
That's not true, but OK. I don't want to talk about that actually.
Old 2013-02-19, 00:34
this's longer than allowe

What? You don't know?

LBA3 was released last summer, I loved when frunfrock said he was Twinsen's brother.
Old 2013-02-19, 10:48
Magic Level: Red Ball

Carajo.. yeah.. and Zoe is divorced with Funfrock
Old 2013-02-19, 11:56
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Ask a few years back, and people wouldn't have thought LBA1/2 would be legally sold, and on portable devices at all. Now we do. Along with a bucket load of concept art we didnt see before gogs release.

Things change, stuff happens...just slowly.
Old 2013-02-19, 12:12
Polly parrot

Veeeerryyyy sloooowwwllllyyy...................
Old 2013-02-19, 15:43
Magic Ball Master

I'm more cynical than most on the chances for any new LBA releases. I don't think GoG counts, but that's just me. I'll feel more confident if indeed we start seeing news, concept art, hell a screenshot of the remake. To me though, the odds are very poor.
Old 2013-02-19, 16:54
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
We already had a lot of LBA3 concepts, doesnt mean much productive wise other then shows the team still thinks about the characters.

Quote:
I don't think GoG counts,
It shows the rights were (finally) sorted and theres still interest in the brand given it sold decently.(at least relative to Gogs other sales).

So its not nothing.
Old 2013-02-19, 17:10
Polly parrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-J View Post
I'll feel more confident if indeed we start seeing news, concept art, hell a screenshot of the remake.
What about this from the Dotemu LBA2 page ?
Old 2013-02-19, 18:18

That is not a screenshot of the remake, is it?
As far as I know a remake of Relentless will be made and not of LBA2(yet). The screenshot shows Twinsen's new house, which was built after the old one got destroyed and is never seen in LBA1.
I have the same feelings as Double-J regarding the remake. The remake has been announced so long ago and we didn't get any new information since then. It's the same phenomenon as Beyond Good & Evil 2, which was announced in 2008 and is still not out! A screenshot or something like that would really help just to see that it is still going.

The last thing I've read about the remake was, they needed funding but but didn't want to use Kickstarter. The production was said to begin last autumn. I fear that the project is not funded, yet, and will never be.

Last edited by Chal; 2013-02-19 at 18:32.
Old 2013-02-19, 19:32
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Allow me to remind you all that LBA3 is still as much a fact as when Fred said that we will get LBA3 before he dies.

So we just need to kill him!

Threads: News, Introduction, Discussion, Bugs collection || Content: Characters, Enemies, Items
Words come in all sizes. But even if they fit you,
they might not come at appropriate times.

Good for everyone is finding yourself first,
and then the good in others second.
Old 2013-02-19, 19:55
a well established member

Send a message via MSN to Echomote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinnie View Post
Is there an iOS/Android version being made? If so is it going well? Does anyone know if this is still happening?
https://twitter.com/Dan2552/status/251294415962918912
https://twitter.com/dotemu/status/263656111515770880

Last edited by Echomote; 2013-02-19 at 20:08.
Old 2013-02-19, 20:32
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkflame View Post
It shows the rights were (finally) sorted and theres still interest in the brand given it sold decently.(at least relative to Gogs other sales).

So its not nothing.
Fair enough. I just don't see that as enough of sign that we should be optimistic about LBA 3/LBA remake.
Old 2013-02-26, 08:49
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasia View Post
LBA 3 - no.
LBA Remake - why not?
There's no room for those lighthearted adventure games anymore. Similar titles to LBA (Psychonauts, Beyond Good & Evil) were massive commercial flops, no publisher is going to back Fred into funding anything like LBA.
Old 2013-02-26, 12:04
Mathemagician

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOutlive View Post
There's no room for those lighthearted adventure games anymore. Similar titles to LBA (Psychonauts, Beyond Good & Evil) were massive commercial flops, no publisher is going to back Fred into funding anything like LBA.
Don't need them anymore. With things like Kickstarter, the power of publishers to decide what is and isn't made is on the cusp of being broken. With a reasonable budget, an LBA sequel or remake could easily get the funding that way, like Wasteland 2 did.

Last edited by CiB; 2013-02-26 at 12:06. Reason: Tone issue.
Old 2013-03-01, 11:36
Magic Level: Fire Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsan View Post
Why not? Broken sword is getting it's 5th game, this year, althrough it's delayed from feb/march to may/june.
Oh shit, awesome.

Broken Sword and Little Big Adventure literally were my child hood.

George Stobart and Twinsen, my two best buds.
Old 2013-05-12, 21:22

*bump*

I'm really afraid this will get scrapped.
Now for me personally, LBA3 is not a must, but it would be appreciated, however the LBA remake was announced pretty bold if I must say so. The same day articles popped up everywhere, even a "local" gamingsite here in Norway.

Here are some links:

LBA coming to GOG
http://www.gamer.no/artikler/96037/l...nture-til-gog/

LBA out on GOG
http://www.gamer.no/artikler/96114/l...-er-relansert/

LBA remake on the way (the article actually says confirmed)
http://www.gamer.no/artikler/102398/...big-adventure/

Now of course a small gaming site in Norway doesn't mean that this is written in stone, but it shows that other sites, countries, people and the industry in general cares. If you read the fifth or sixth comment on that last page, which is in english, you can clearly see a random gamer from Norway with an extreme enthusiasm for the remake...

Quote:
Realzi – 3. jan. 2012
Mother of jesus crust fucks INSANE WTH WHHYYYY YES WE CAN,, NICE!!!!!!
JA!!! My penis is tingling
The other comments in norwegian are along the same note, except the tingly-penis-part.

There's clearly a market for a remake, LBA2 remake and even a LBA3 down the road. But this hype was real, people got excited, and then the news stopped. Now for me(and maybe alot of you guys) this means nothing, because we know they're "kinda" working on it or whatever, but other "ordinary" people forget. They forget easily. Now this is a nichegame at this point, I mean the genre is weak and almost extinct, the creators are not wellknown, and neither are the games themselves. Let us not forget that they're still competing for attention of the younger audiance that can (and most likely will) throw away awesome games like GTA V, Dishonored, Fallout etc. after two weeks either because they got what they needed out of it or because something better came along.

Now I don't wan't to be a debby downer or anything, but I'm disappointed in the lack of news, and the lack of communication with us, the fans. When I didn't hear nothing for years before the announcement, I hoped and prayed for LBA 3 and/or the remake(s), and I never stopped believing. However with this announcement, there came some responsibility, to us, and to a new audiance. The lack of news to me is an indicator that the project is scrapped, or at least forgotten to some degree.

I know the project is risky, what with for example funding and all, I think we all know this. But at least give us something, a hi-res pic of the "new" Twinsen? Hi-res Twinsun, new clones, vehicles, planets, islands, plans for future, speculative dates, even a tweeted pic of the group around the table, SOMETHING!!

I played LBA 1 in '95 when I was 4, LBA 2 in '98 when I was 7, and now I've played through both games with my daughter who is 3 and a half years old. She loves the games, she loves everything, so I think the market is there. But almost 2 years with no info? Something fishy is going on, and no matter what it is, I will still continue playing the original games, supporting them and passing them on to my kids, but that doesn't mean that these guys can just get my hopes up and then just crush my dreams like this..

I feel I'm rambling, but my point is;
If the project is dead/dying/halted/well on the way, I wanna know. Same goes for the dotEMU iOS/android release. For me, LBA is not just a game, this was my "imaginary friend" when I grew up, this was my escape from bullying and worse.. After a couple of hard years battling with drug addiction and some other things, I revisited these games in rehab and "found" myself again. I'm sure at least some of you feel the same way I do, and I want to do something about it.

These games are a part of me, a part of us. We deserve to know what is happening, should I get my hopes up? Should I save my money for preordering? Should I help promote the remakes in my own way in Norway? Or should I just sit here, waiting for a cancellation without even sharing my concern?

The latter option can go fuck itself, because I believe in LBA, I believe I will one day play LBA in some reimagined form some day, and that my daughter (and maybe future son) will sit beside me and be as blown away and full of magic as I was 18 years ago.
Old 2013-05-12, 21:37
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Send a message via MSN to Streg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinnie View Post
If the project is dead/dying/halted/well on the way, I wanna know.
^This.
unfortunately I think the odds are decreasing day by day. Have a look at the game markey nowedays - how do you see LBA in this reality?
Old 2013-05-12, 22:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreGGy View Post
^This.
unfortunately I think the odds are decreasing day by day. Have a look at the game markey nowedays - how do you see LBA in this reality?
Oh I see a place for it, no doubt. It's an old game, and no matter how you turn it around, for some reason, old is almost allways overrated. Nowadays something that's old, is automatically a classic.

Now I think LBA is a classic, but I can see how it's not (not that known, dying genre, not a commercial success) and that's something that could easily be swept under the rug.

Take for example the Oddworld series;

2 first games were fantastic, the next 2 were IMHO not so fantastic.
They turned away frum sidescrolling and the lead character, and this resulted of course in poor sales, and alot of cancellations. Then, years later, they regrouped as a new company, and the first thing they did was announce a remake of the first sidescroller; Oddworld Abe's Oddysey: New 'n' Tasty. Since October 2012 they have only released video footage of something they call pre-alpha stage. This for me proved that the remake was alive, and it provided them with funds enough to start up some of the projects that were cancelled the first time around.

That little snippet of video opened up so much for the developers and creators, and I believe it would do the same for LBA.. I have a handful of friends that have never heard about Oddworld, that though the pre-alpha footage looked really cool. A lot of differences here, but still, I have faith in this remake if we would get something...
Old 2013-05-13, 00:44
Polly parrot

We have somthing... very little... a remake in cgi of the first room of LBA2, on the dotemu site...

Okay, the odds are veryvery low '