Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > Fan Creations > Fan Art
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Fan Art The place for your drawing, and images

Old 2006-08-07, 15:54
Magic Ball Master

Exclamation Calling All Concept Artists!

The LBA Prequel team is looking for capable and talented artists for concept art and drawings for the fangame of the same name. We're in the process of starting up the website as well as constructing the script, and we need you! If you're interested, please PM Double-J or Alexfont with some sort of sample of your art and a little personal info about yourself and your skills. Any help is greatly appreciated. Come join the Prequel team today!

Best,
Double-J
LBA Prequel Team
Old 2006-08-08, 18:54
Magic Ball Master

Yes, people we need you
We also need people with skills to make FMV like we have on LBA1.

If anyone is interested, please post here a message.

Also if you didn't know exactly what the project is all about, just ask and I'll be glad to explain

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.
[Discuss]|[Download]|[Changes]|[SourceCode]|[Issues]

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2006-08-08, 19:07
Look beyond reality.

What's FMV?
Are you talking about actual bricks and things to import to the LBArchitect?
Old 2006-08-08, 19:14
Magic Ball Master

I was talking about Movie Sequences to be converted in FLA movies.

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.

Old 2006-08-08, 22:01
Father of Shoda

What kind of art? things to be used in-game or what?

Listen to my band's EP on one of the following links!

Check it out:
https://soundcloud.com/inglorious-da...orious-days-ep
http://ingloriousdays.bandcamp.com/
http://open.spotify.com/album/3C1idn10yT06VK0qPiusku
Old 2006-08-08, 23:01
Magic Ball Master

Yes, in-game art, like the screens we have in the game.

Old 2006-08-09, 12:45
Look beyond reality.

I think if you clear up the defenition 'art' a bit, people would sooner get what they are asked for, and contribute.
Myself; I can do things. I have time and skills to make 'things'.

But I'd like to have a closer defenition of the 'things' that need to be done.
If it's high-res movies, which can be converted to .fla and intergrated into the game, then I've missed some things I didn't know that was possible.

If you're talking about in-game 'models' like furniture and stuff, then too, apparently I've been living under a rock, because I don't know better than that's impossible to do yet (intergrate new things into the LBA1 library of furniture/walls/etc).

If you're talking about just sketches, then what should we draw? Scene layouts? New characters which could be intergrated ingame? Which I didn't know was possible either.

No flame intended, but you'd clarify things a bit to get some better responses
Old 2006-08-09, 15:22
Magic Ball Master

As far as the technical portion, I'm going to leave that to Alex (who is on vacation until next week, so you're stuck with me ) regarding converting to FLA and all that sort of thing. However, yes, we would like some sketches and high-quality drawings to be used both as concept art (to kind of get an idea of what our models should look like in the game) as well as for movies (FLA?) as Alex mentioned, to be used in game.

Since none of us have any real skill in drawing, we're reaching out to the LBA art community, which appears to be very active, in order to create some sketches and drawings for us to be used (for now) as concept art, and later, in-game. For instance, a first task of our artist(s) would be to come up with some designs for the characters we've created in the script, maybe to think of different appearances and such.

If you think you guys can help us there, please let us know.

Does that clarify things better?
Old 2006-08-10, 19:59
Look beyond reality.

I'll wait for Alex, because the technical stuff tells me what I can expect from the game, and the exact ways to contribute.
I'm sorry, but IMO it's still a bit vague what people can do to contribute at this moment. I saw your topic for people to do music, and that's what I see as a clear way to present expectations from new members of your project.

As for the graphics, you can't just ask people to 'do' 'graphics', (which is different than music, because that's very clear and simple).
I can do drawings, I can do 3dModels, I can do scenery in the typical LBA1 isometric shapes.
It's all a matter of good and clear organisation so 'we' know exactly what to do

You're talking about 'our models ingame', this implicates that you (or probably alex) found a way to import new models ingame. As you're probably talking about 3D 'models', it will be even harder; because then it looks like someone found a way to import new character models in the game (one of the few real 3d things in LBA1) and get them to work (including a rigging/bones system).

I can do concept art for movies, but I'm not sure why I would consider doing that, if it isn't sure if movies are even possible to implement right now.
Or did I just missed some great updates on the LBArchitect (which is the program this project is working with, right)?
Old 2006-08-11, 00:18
Magic Ball Master

Actually, I'm not looking for anything major.

I want sketches/drawings/computer-generated art renditions (not even 3d models...just like line-tool photoshop drawings like the ones we've seen in the Fan Art section recently) of some of the characters for our game, which could help us later when we create the models for the game. We're trying to visualize what these characters and some of the new/changed locales of Twinsen will look like, and this would be a great help.

Since Alex handles the technical aspect, he can tell you if he has plans to put them in the game (?). All I want is concept art for some characters and settings. That means - sketches, landscapes, etc. Nothing major.

Is that clearer?
Old 2006-08-17, 00:33
Magic Ball Master

Ok, sorry about the confusion but I was further in the thinkings and a bit different of what JJ wanted but both complete each one.

There isn't a way ATM to convert movie files like AVI to FLA movies, but we plan to have such thing. Anyway, this think could be done since we have the opensource TwinEngine where we can replace the playing of FLA movies by AVI movies at the producer stage. I was thinking about making some improvements in TwinEngine to help this project as possible.

I understand your point Bot13 when you say its vague requesting people todo graphics, but with the currently story events we have we can make for example some screens images for the begining of the game (or just 'feelings' what we currently have) and also to think a way of making a movie for its begining and for other parts of the story.

I don't know if I forgot something, but if I didn't make clear anything, feel free to ask.

Btw, about the models, its a long story. We can still have concept arts for it for to help screen images and also for the movie sequences, but for the in-game it could take much time since we don't have such tool ATM but its something not so important at the moment but of course we all want this thing to be done somehow.

Old 2006-10-13, 18:37
Magic Ball Master

The LBA Prequel Team would like to thank everyone for their artwork and submissions. We tried to respond to every email and audition we received. The position of Concept Artist has been filled by Luke Farookhi (Luke648019651), and our Graphic Artist is Lewis Guarniere (Lewi-G).

If you'd like to help with the project, please send us an example of your work, and we'll let you know if we can use your talents.

-The LBA Prequel Team
Old 2007-01-01, 15:42
Magic Level: Green Ball

i would love to help design characters in anyway possible!

[Edit]
.... wait i just read you a had concept artist, which actually kind of bugs me because i only just read this thread. But I'm here if you need me- My specialty is female anatomy and original character designs.

Last edited by maliciousalice; 2007-01-01 at 15:54.
Old 2007-01-01, 18:58
Magic Ball Master

So that's what our moderation is doing. I proposed unsticky-ing this thread on 13-10-2006.