Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > The site and forum
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The site and forum Place your comments about the Magic Ball Network here. Talk here about the Magicball Network and the forum.

Old 2007-10-06, 23:17
Mathemagician

Quote:
Originally Posted by morshem View Post
Atresica explained here the purpose of the thread.

And it is being updated regularly. Since I became a mod, that is (before that it contained like 1 year irrelevant stuff),.
If you remember, what I asked about was not the idea of keeping a record of who is banned, it's why we keep a record of who was banned. And if that information is already availible to moderaters, why do we need to keep it in that thread where everyone can read it?

What I was asking about is why keep records of who was banned for one week three years ago? And Atresica did not explain that in the thread you linked too Morshem. So far, the only answer I've seen to this is for moderaters to see what has happened in the past- but incording to Lightwing you have that information elsewhere, so why have that information in the Evil Do'ers thread?
Old 2007-10-06, 23:38
You what?!

Well, what's wrong with it being there?
Old 2007-10-07, 12:13
Mathemagician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
Well, what's wrong with it being there?
Depends on your perspective. In my opinion, unless theres a reason to keep the info there when the moderaters already have it (which I'm yet to see) all the information being there is serving to do is to colour peoples opinions of other people.

There is a direct accusation in the 'now unbanned' bit that OBrasilio "has no idea how to behave on a forum" for soemthing he did two years ago. The thread is stickied, and thus theoreticaly read by everyone. I personaly don't think it's apropriate to have such things said about members who are now behaving themselves. If you were new reading that would affect your opinion of people who have now matured greatly.
Old 2007-10-07, 12:14
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiB View Post
The thread is stickied, and thus theoreticaly read by everyone.
O RLY?
Take the System Problems forum as an example, noone ever reads those sticky threads.
Old 2007-10-07, 13:09
Mathemagician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobold View Post
O RLY?
Take the System Problems forum as an example, noone ever reads those sticky threads.
That would be why I said "Theoretically read by everyone", as opposed to saying "read by everyone".
Old 2007-10-08, 16:20
Magic Ball Master

I think the Evil-Doers thread suffices well enough so that we know what happened, who did "it," and why they were reprimanded. The only thing I'd like to do would be, whenever possible, to link to the thread(s) in question, even if some of the content has been removed (as in the case of Anakin). I realize this would be impossible for the spam-bots, but for most others, it would be fine I would think.
Old 2007-10-08, 18:52
You what?!

No intended hostility CiB, but it seems like you're the only person that doesn't approve of it.
Old 2007-10-08, 19:08
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
- Ricochet: Actually, I agree with CiB. If the Moderators have evidence of the past bans posted elsewhere, then there's no need to have it posted here as well.

Also, some of the descriptions in that thread are written rather too personally, and biasedly, so I agree with CiB on that one as well.
Old 2007-10-08, 19:13
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBrasilo View Post
and biasedly
For example...?
Old 2007-10-08, 19:17
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
Actually, the mods can see who is currently banned, but not who was in the past.
Old 2007-10-08, 19:30
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
- Kobold: The line, that says, that my second Ban shows yet again, that I have no idea about how to behave on a forum, which is essentially a very biased summary of the events. Let's just say, that that particular Ban was a result of something I did, that could have been dealt with just a Wrestlefest-only punishment, but it was brought to the usual scale by the usual crowd.
Old 2007-10-08, 19:31
Magic Ball Master

......afaik you requested yourself to be banned.
Old 2007-10-08, 19:34
Welcome to Zirla!

- Kobold: That's true, but if you read it better, I would have got Permanently Warned, until Atresica sees improvement, instead, had I not requested the 30-days ban, so essentially, I just chose the punishment, that was stronger but shorter, instead of the one, that was weaker but longer.
Old 2007-10-08, 19:38
You what?!

So the usual crowd was actually yourself.
And the point was that it wasn't just the one incident, it was the build up of a series of similar situations.
Old 2007-10-08, 19:41
Magic Ball Master

I need to find a right smilie for this. Yep...
Old 2007-10-08, 20:12
Welcome to Zirla!

- Ricochet: What? If you're referring to the whole "OBrasilo for MBN Moderator/Administrator", then that was actually started by Gustav Sweden, Anakin, and the other guys, and of course, they wouldn't admit, that they started it.
By summer, I was behaving properly, the Wrestlefest thing WAS an isolated incident. As for the "usual crowd" - I was referring to those, who made a big scandal out of it.
Old 2007-10-08, 20:13
Magic Ball Master

I have to admit, the summary of the Obras incident is slanted. I think, if anything would be changed, that certainly should be.

Again, I don't find anything inherently wrong with the system. I know some cases have links to their respective threads, so all I can recommend is that this is done whenever possible, and that a general summary is given for each that is appropriate.
Old 2007-10-08, 22:34
Mathemagician

Ok, this actualy started with a simple question I'm yet to see an answer for:

Can someone please explain to me what is achieved by keeping records of years old bannings in the public area? Especialy as the Moderators seem to have access to info the rest of us don't- why isn't this 'banning archive' kept there?
Old 2007-10-08, 22:36
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiB View Post
Ok, this actualy started with a simple question I'm yet to see an answer for:

Can someone please explain to me what is achieved by keeping records of years old bannings in the public area? Especialy as the Moderators seem to have access to info the rest of us don't- why isn't this 'banning archive' kept there?
It was answered already:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atresica View Post
Actually, that was for clarity since people complained that they didn't know who or what was really warned or banned.
This still applies.
Old 2007-10-09, 00:29
Mathemagician

See, meaning I took from Atresica there was that it so we could see who was currnetly banned and why, which is not and never has been what I'm asking about.

Who is banned and warned is something it makes sense for us to know. Why do non-moderators need to know who is no longer banned and what they're no longer banned for? That has yet to be answered- at least as far as I can see.
Old 2007-10-09, 00:32
You what?!

So that people know those people aren't banned anymore.
Because when someone gets banned and then unbanned, someone else might forget they are unbanned and think they are still banned.
Leading to some confusion!
Old 2007-10-09, 12:28
Mathemagician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
So that people know those people aren't banned anymore.
Because when someone gets banned and then unbanned, someone else might forget they are unbanned and think they are still banned.
Leading to some confusion!
At which point they can check the banned list, find they're no longer there, and thus come to the conclusion that they're no longer banned.

No, seriously, do you really think there'd be any confusion over people not knowing by now that certain people are no longer banned? As said, in most cases on the 'was banned but isn't anymore' list it all happened years ago. I don't think in any of the cases I'm talking about any potential for confusion is left.

As pointed out in my first post, that would be a good reason to keep people on such a list for about a month.

Last edited by CiB; 2007-10-09 at 12:31. Reason: Spelling ang grammar
Old 2007-10-09, 13:57
You what?!

What banned list?
I believe only the moderators can see that.
Old 2007-10-09, 13:59
Welcome to Zirla!

- Ricochet: He means the list of the Banned people in the Evil-do'ers thread.
Old 2007-10-09, 17:07
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
Moderators also have a list of all people currently banned in their moderator panel. I believe this is what caused Atresica to create that thread on the first place.