Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > Fan Creations > Fan Games
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Fan Games A forum for discussion of any demos and fan games being made. Not for discussion of Modifications.

Old 2011-09-08, 21:23
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Send a message via MSN to metal-matt
Question LBA2 fan made tools and editors?

hi there, i'm currantly making assets and such for a LBA/LBA2 inspired game/mod (using cryengine 3, probebly)

however for referance, i would like to be able to have the lba 2 models converted to a usable format, so i can best reinterperate them for higher res,poly, etc models, but still keep the correct scale, form, shape so it doesnt look 'wrong'
atleast that's the idea.

i've seen a few model viewers however no model converters or such..
has anyone made anything that might be usable for such? or is anyone currantly makeing anything that i should be keeping an eye on?

i could show some renders of a few assets i've been working on, however it's 2 am and i'm going to go to sleep,

so, thanks for any help or info on anything to help me build my game/mod!

matt.
Old 2011-09-09, 01:10
Polly parrot

I don't think anything has been made yet for LBA2, but I'm not sure.
Old 2011-09-09, 18:46
Do the evolution.

Yazors lba model viewer makes a temporary file for each model you're viewing, you can then take that file and import it to some program (I forgot which though...). I've done it a few times, it's possible, you just got to do some reaserch.

Quetch is the one who told me how to do it, maybe you can PM him.
Old 2011-09-09, 18:52
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Send a message via MSN to metal-matt
yeah, i've looked at that before, however the temporary files only seem to work for the LBA1 models... not LBA2 :/
or even the islands of lba2.

also i checked out the little script adventure stuff, nice work, might have to add something to it

however right now i'm just slowly making assets and learning more 3ds max. i've got some freinds hopefully i can get to help me with animations and such...

Tags
3d models, convert, lba2, levels, program