Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and its world.

Old 2012-10-28, 02:03
You Only Live Twice

Send a message via AIM to Twinsan Send a message via MSN to Twinsan
Telepods

We are warned pretty early on int he game lba1 that only the clones can use telepods, but is their any proof of this?

There has been 2 people one of which might be a clone that have been teleported, Dr. FunFrock and Joe an elf. FunFrock uses the telepods in 2 occasions in Principle Island and Dark Monks statue, but as he has a habbit of clonning himself, he may be a clone. Joe was teleported into Fortress Island due to the malfunction in the telepods which locked onto Joe.

Now what do we know about the telpads.
Teleportation Center
As you can see it's pretty basic a stand a head and nothing inbetween. This leads me to deduce that the telpads are controlled remotely as there is no clear way to activate the telporter. As the clones are infact either cyborgs or androids, it is natural to asume they may have a way of communication with he teleportation center on the telepod to allow them access to the rest of the planet. This would also explain why Joe was teleported, because the teleportation center and not the clones control the planets teleportation system and when the comand to teleport a clone, when to the center, the broken center locked onto a random target instead of the telpod. This emans the telpads are used for 2 things Communication with the teleportation center, and a location in which to telport with and not necessarily needed for teleportation.
Old 2012-10-28, 16:02
Mathemagician

By neccessity, any resistence to Funfrock is going to be a guerilla mvement. Guerilla movments do one of two things- nothing very much (such as the rebels in LBA) or they have maneuvarability. The telepods give Funfrock the maneuvarability advantage, and so the Evil Facist Regime lies to it's people, saying only the clones can teleport in order to keep this advantage. After all, evebn the hint that non clones can teleport would lead to the Rebels trying to figure out how, and that would be disasterous.

At least, that was my interpretation of what we see. Who tells us only clones can teleport? Average Jane in the street with no real knowledge of the situation- no one who knows anything about the technology (or indeed, technology in general) says this. And really, given what else Funfrocks regimes is up to, do we really put lying past them?
Old 2012-10-28, 16:21
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Well it could be true that only clones can teleport, technically. It all depends on how scientifically a teleport is manifested. Does it copy all atoms of the body somewhere else and eliminate all original ones, does it decompose the body into separate atoms or even electrons and the wut and then transports them electronically, or does it actually involve warping the body through spacetime to a different place in the same dimension?

Different possibilities, and some of them imply a human body cannot be teleported without killing it. Nevertheless, it is highly probable FunFrock is lying about at least something.

Threads: News, Introduction, Discussion, Bugs collection || Content: Characters, Enemies, Items
Words come in all sizes. But even if they fit you,
they might not come at appropriate times.

Good for everyone is finding yourself first,
and then the good in others second.
Old 2012-10-28, 19:16
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
I could be that teleporters can only really replicate from prestored pattern. It "knows" clones, but not everything else.
Funfrock could have stored his own pattern.
Old 2012-10-29, 01:19
You Only Live Twice

Seems no one read what i said.

anyways I think only the clones can communicate with the telepods and the teleportation center deals with the rest.
Old 2012-10-29, 01:30
Polly parrot

We don't know if FF himself teleported. that could've been a clone.
Old 2012-10-29, 02:14
You Only Live Twice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
We don't know if FF himself teleported. that could've been a clone.
Quite, I think it is too. Tbh I find it confusing why he teleported, rtaher than fight Twinsen, so that might imply it's FunFrock.
Old 2012-10-29, 03:11
Polly parrot

Exactly. Plus the fact that at the time Twinsen could do 0 dmg, he was only laughing when Twinsen hit him.
Old 2012-10-29, 03:37
You Only Live Twice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
Exactly. Plus the fact that at the time Twinsen could do 0 dmg, he was only laughing when Twinsen hit him.
Another point is if telportation involves disasmbally and reasembally and thus teleporting an organic would result in a twin, rather than the original. FunFrock would not dare teleport himself.

Rayman is an elf and as seen by Joe they can use magic to teleport and it's obvious the teleport was random rather than fixed, so it may mean teleportation is teleportation in a literal sense, one place to another in an instant, cause it's really hard to believe he was disassembeld with out being on a telepod.
Old 2012-10-29, 13:17
Polly parrot

Was it Chaosfish who posted this video ? I don't remember anymore, but it's about teleportation and is very interesting : To Be
Old 2012-11-01, 15:53
You Only Live Twice

I will never telport myself, I would rather not take the risk off effectivly killing and clonning myself and I doupt funFrock would either, so on principle island and dms he was likely a clone.
Old 2012-11-01, 16:14
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Only assuming this was the method of teleportation he used.
If teleportation meant warping through spacetime (moving along a single dimension other than the three spacial ones), it doesn't necessarily have to be.

Threads: News, Introduction, Discussion, Bugs collection || Content: Characters, Enemies, Items

Old 2012-11-01, 17:06
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsan View Post
I will never telport myself, I would rather not take the risk off effectivly killing and clonning myself and I doupt funFrock would either, so on principle island and dms he was likely a clone.
I think this thread warrants the following:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QG-vBVyIMIk
Old 2012-11-01, 19:12
Magic Level: Purple Ball

Joe could be teleported because elves are magic beings, so the explanation is just... MAGIC (I can picture in my head the meme from history channel but with "Elves" instead of "Aliens").

As to FunFrock, I don't know what to think... maybe he (with the knowldege of cloning and teleportation) did some transformation to his body to be able to teleport
Old 2012-11-01, 19:31
You Only Live Twice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvatoor View Post
Joe could be teleported because elves are magic beings, so the explanation is just... MAGIC (I can picture in my head the meme from history channel but with "Elves" instead of "Aliens").

As to FunFrock, I don't know what to think... maybe he (with the knowldege of cloning and teleportation) did some transformation to his body to be able to teleport
If we ever did fight funfrock, if he made himself into a cyborg it might explain why he is so powerful and what the cl;ones truely are.
Old 2012-11-01, 19:35

Twinsan. You smell like poop :U
Old 2012-11-01, 19:37
You Only Live Twice

okay, random. Anyways I personally don't think organics bar magical creatures, which can teleport anyways can teleport.
Old 2012-11-01, 20:24
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsan View Post
... Anyways I personally don't think organics bar magical creatures, which can teleport anyways can teleport.
...what?