Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

View Poll Results: Should the US declare war on Iraq?
Yes. 5 15.15%
No. 26 78.79%
Who knows? or cares? 2 6.06%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2003-02-14, 15:14
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J
Ooops! I forgot, that demonix is British, not French...
Whoops, BIG mistake made there!

Regards,
Morden
Old 2003-02-14, 16:43
Magic Ball Master

Just a smidge...
Old 2003-02-24, 10:46
Zebrazilla

edit: seems not to work

LBA Speedruns
Personal Best - LBA 1 - Any% PC - Time: 01h 04m 23s
Personal Best - LBA 1 - Any% Android - Time: 01h 04m 35s
Old 2003-03-09, 08:05
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
There you have it boys and girls.
The inspectors in Iraq found nothing, no weapons of mass destruction whatsoever.

But they're gonna go through with the war anyway.

This is a disaster. The "free world" as some people like to call it,
has failed. The world is being run under a dictatorship
Old 2003-03-09, 16:52
Idyllic + whimsical

I have lost my appreciation to the world...
I thought something was learned during time, but nothing.
"Ignorance IS NOT bliss! How is your credit card history?" (Banner)
"I find bliss in Ignorance" (Linkin Park - One Step Closer)
Old 2003-03-09, 17:08
Hello

Send a message via MSN to Gustav Sweden
I don't see how you can talk about that Anakin, you defend Israel's actions...
Old 2003-03-09, 17:22
Party animal

I don't defent all of israel actions.
I defend what we do to defend ourselves.
Unlike most countries, we are still fighting for our survival.

Are you comparing Israel's actions to america's, Gustav?
Old 2003-03-09, 17:30
Hello

Yes.
Old 2003-03-09, 17:36
Party animal

Oh well.
I can't go lecturing everyone about this.
Go ahead, believe what you want, all of you,
I just love the way everyone knows so much, even though they don't live here.
Old 2003-03-09, 17:50
Hello

You live in Palestina? Or Iraq? Or even USA?
Old 2003-03-09, 17:52
Party animal

I live in israel.
I'm really sorry, but if you think that the US/Iraq war and the Israel/palestinian war are the same, you clearly do not understand at least one of the wars.
Old 2003-03-09, 18:27
Hello

I don't think they are the same, but Israel is surely terrorizing the Palestinians...
Old 2003-03-09, 22:55
Idyllic + whimsical

Well Gustav, you sure have a lot to say about all those things.
Where do you get all your information from, those lovely websites of yours?
"Ignorance IS NOT bliss! How is your credit card history?" (Banner)
"I find bliss in Ignorance" (Linkin Park - One Step Closer)
Old 2003-03-09, 23:01
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
You can't compair the US/Iraq thing with the Israel/Palastina thing simply because there is already a conflct in israel/palastina.

Further more, if there would be a conflict between the US and Iraq, it's clear whom started, and you can't say that about the other thing.

Whether there is upression or not, both sides are to take the blame.

Sure Israel is terrorising Palastina, but the problem of that is more complex than just terrorising...

ah well, I'm not going to spill too many words on this
Old 2003-03-11, 21:59
Previously Link

I think my signature shows what i think.
I hate war !!!
Peace rules !!!

For the Iraq conflict it's simple.
Bush just wants the Petrol there is in Iraq. He don't care about the millions of woman and children who will die and if he still don't start the war it's because he wants the petrole price to rise.
Old 2003-03-11, 22:14
Still in a dream...

May I remind you it won't be a war. More of a takeover. Allied troops have, nearly 1 million troops there, a LOT of firepower and artilery, and most of all, training.
Iraq has a shitty poorly trained army, and AK-47's (which arent too reliable in comparison to our rifles) Also, Iraqi's want him gone, so we can count on thier support.
Old 2003-03-11, 22:19
Previously Link

Old 2003-03-11, 23:25
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Quote:
Originally posted by Link
I think my signature shows what i think.
I hate war !!!
Peace rules !!!

For the Iraq conflict it's simple.
Bush just wants the Petrol there is in Iraq. He don't care about the millions of woman and children who will die and if he still don't start the war it's because he wants the petrole price to rise.
Please dont exadurate, millions wont die by any means.
That figure is nonsense, their only targeting spacfic milterary targerts.
Of course cilivians will die, but it will be in the thousands, no where near the million mark.

Im fed up with both sides makeing grossly stupid exadurations here.

Peace rules...yes, but Iraq isnt a piecefull place war or no war.
======
And the oil thoery is not exactly the most sound base either.
The money made from saleing the oil will go straight into the ultra-expensive rebuilding of the country (presuming a war does take place).
Thats not to say the americans arnt doing it for the wrong reasons, they are: Fear and Stupidity.
Iraq posses little of no threat to anyone, and attacking it for that reason is dumb.

Attacking it for human right issues Iraq has constantly broken is much more important...
Old 2003-03-11, 23:29
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
Problem is that if they start attacking for breaking human rights, they'd better declair war to the entire region around Iraq
Old 2003-03-11, 23:34
Hello

Or themselves. Or Israel.
Old 2003-03-12, 04:09
Mageling at heart

i think the israel/palestine conflict, like most conflicts, is not between palestine and israel, but between 'a group of belligerent israeli who unfortunately are seen as all of israel', and 'a group of belligerent palestinians who unfortunately are seen as all of palestine'.

btw i think the whole israel and palestine issue should be dropped due to the number of partial people on here. it can only lead to upset

--

about iraq - i think the main reasons behind this now are political, rather than being based on real threats or necessity. politics is a bad motivation to do anything, let alone a war.

what i mean is that bush cannot possibly back down now because the impact on his image would be unrecoverable. in the usa especially, where some people are pro-war because, in their ignorance, they actually think that the enemy is the 'entire middle east' and not 'some group of belligerent people who unfortunately are seen as the entire middle east'. a president of the usa has to rely on his moral and popular authority to get anything done and/or be taken seriously, much more than european leaders. internationally, too, he'd be seen as a joke if his pet war didn't go ahead - i think he wants to show the world (especially middle eastern leaders) who is boss.

the unfortunate thing is that usa presidents have a complete contempt of the un - they see it as being there for their own convenience. they are known for making international laws and sanctioning other, less powerful countries that go against them, whilst breaking them themselves - from legislation on trade up to declaring war. (much the same as the way french leaders treat the eu, but on a bigger scale.) the usa still has an embargo on cuba, for example; if some other country were to embargo the usa, it would be uproar.

yeh, i've writ an essay...
- kirsty maccoll
Old 2003-03-12, 12:14
The return of

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkflame
Please dont exadurate, millions wont die by any means.
That figure is nonsense, their only targeting spacfic milterary targerts.
Of course cilivians will die, but it will be in the thousands, no where near the million mark.

Im fed up with both sides makeing grossly stupid exadurations here.

Peace rules...yes, but Iraq isnt a piecefull place war or no war.
======
And the oil thoery is not exactly the most sound base either.
The money made from saleing the oil will go straight into the ultra-expensive rebuilding of the country (presuming a war does take place).
Thats not to say the americans arnt doing it for the wrong reasons, they are: Fear and Stupidity.
Iraq posses little of no threat to anyone, and attacking it for that reason is dumb.

Attacking it for human right issues Iraq has constantly broken is much more important...
funny how it hit the million mark last time
I dont think there only targetting military, if so then they wouldnt be talking about going into baghdad. Going into baghdad mean urban warfare with iraqi civilians, who hate america more than they hate saddam, i guarntee that. Also about it going into the reconstruction of their cities, if, as you claim, they only attack military target, what is there to rebuild? Also you say that they dont go for oil, yet they refuse anything which is prrrf of iraqs disarmament, and up to this date, they have no proof of the "weapons of mas destruction", at the same time, there saying that only american companies will have the right to rebuild the country, and that the texas oil company has signed an agreement with the u.s. government as to rebuild and controll the iraqie oil. This sort of info dont seems to have a deaf ear when it reaches you.
The human rights issue, i look, aswell as iraqies, and muslims as general, at you human rights record as corrupt. We dont want that western influence shit here. Let us live as we want. If anybody is to take down saddam it has to be muslims. Why would muslims want there greatest enemy to free them? Get the point. WE DONT WANT WESTERNERNS TO CONTROLL US. anybody who tries deserves to be killed, so if america fights this war to get its unemployed civilians to work in iraq, iraqies should kill them. I wouldnt find that as terrorism or shit, because america went killing millions just to get there unemployed to work on our land, and that btw is an extreme violation of islam, where the prophets last, and one of his main orders, were to never allow forieng armies in the arabian penensula. It is also the reason osama began fighting america, because they staged american troops and bases in saudi, and so that is how he's fighting started.
Old 2003-03-12, 14:43
Party animal

I agree with Axx, but when were a million muslims killed?
I'm pretty sure it didn't happen during operation "Desert Fox",
were you refering to the gulf war?
-------------------

So what if Iraq has bio-weapons? I'm sure america does too.
What gives america the right to have bio-weapons, if Iraq doesn't? is it because Saddam is a dictator?
Bush isn't much better, seeing how he is imposing his will on the UN, especially on the european countries who want peace.

Saddam may be a maniac, and a murderer, but Axx was right when he said the overthrowing them is their own buisness,
they don't want america's help.
They are responsible for themselves, just as any country is responsible for itself.
Old 2003-03-12, 17:05
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Quote:
Originally posted by Axx
funny how it hit the million mark last time
I dont think there only targetting military, if so then they wouldnt be talking about going into baghdad.
Actualy they havnt said anything about any targets yet...its all been asumptions by the Media.
What they have said is "we are only targeting militery targets".

Now, for some odd reason Saddam puts his miltery base's near cilvians....so there will obviously be cilvians killed.
However, it is wrong to assume that the cilvians are being aimed at.
Theres simply no advantage to doing that at all.

Quote:
Originally posted by Axx

Going into baghdad mean urban warfare with iraqi civilians, who hate america more than they hate saddam, i guarntee that. Also about it going into the reconstruction of their cities, if, as you claim, they only attack military target, what is there to rebuild?
I might metaphoricaly, Inforstructure and such.
Iraq isnt in a very good state under Saddam you know.

That said, there will be some literal rebuilding too.

And they wont be fighting Iraq Cilvilians.
You think Cilivians will start fighting the US soldiers?
Thats luaghable.

--
Also, how the hell do you know Iraqs hate America more?
The problem with Iraq is there not free to speak there mind, Ive seen a few interviews with Iraqs where they praise Saddam but then slip in comments like "Demoracy is good too..."
Yes,they may hate them more, but at the state Iraq is in, we simply cant get a "free" viewpoint from them.

Quote:
Originally posted by Axx

Also you say that they dont go for oil, yet they refuse anything which is prrrf of iraqs disarmament, and up to this date, they have no proof of the "weapons of mas destruction"
Actualy they do, its just that people like you dont believe the prove.
Which is fair enough, but I think your a bit ignorant if you think saddam hasnt got these weapons.
Why would they need to fake it? And if they did fake it, why didnt they make a better fake?

And as for "not accepting" anything, you clearly arnt paying attention.
They HAVE accepted many things that saddam has disarmed, its just that there is a huge number of things still unaccounted for.
Thats the point of the inspectors.

And, you cant "prove" that Saddam has disarmed, you can only "prove" that saddam is co-operating or not-co-operating with the inspectors.
At the moment he is very carefully treading somewhere in between.

Quote:
Originally posted by Axx

, at the same time, there saying that only american companies will have the right to rebuild the country, and that the texas oil company has signed an agreement with the u.s. government as to rebuild and controll the iraqie oil. This sort of info dont seems to have a deaf ear when it reaches you.
1) Their not saying that, and they havnt said that at all.

2) Only it dosnt.
Read the small print of the agreement and come back.
They are only controlling part of the oil, and, like at the moment, it will be sold for food and medicine.
Incediently, the French and Germans will technicaly have rights to the oil even if a war takes place.
Allthough I will bet the US finds a way around that.

Im sure the US will abuse Iraqs oil, but I think its stupid to assume thats WHY america is going to war.

Quote:
Originally posted by Axx

The human rights issue, i look, aswell as iraqies, and muslims as general, at you human rights record as corrupt.
We dont want that western influence shit here. Let us live as we want. If anybody is to take down saddam it has to be muslims.
Only they cant.
They simply cant.
Many have tried bravely, but Saddam is too well protected, and yes, hes too dam smart for any simple cue to bring him down.

Quote:
Originally posted by Axx

Why would muslims want there greatest enemy to free them? Get the point. WE DONT WANT WESTERNERNS TO CONTROLL US. anybody who tries deserves to be killed, so if america fights this war to get its unemployed civilians to work in iraq, iraqies should kill them. I wouldnt find that as terrorism or shit, because america went killing millions just to get there unemployed to work on our land, and that btw is an extreme violation of islam, where the prophets last, and one of his main orders, were to never allow forieng armies in the arabian penensula. It is also the reason osama began fighting america, because they staged american troops and bases in saudi, and so that is how he's fighting started.
yadayday concpirency theroy...west-is-against-Muslims-yadaydayda.
Please, rather then sproating this rubbish stick to facts and sources.
WHAT human rights are so bad in the US/UK at the moment?
HOW is this worse then Saddams human rights abuses?
WHY is the west controlling worse then a Saddam?
WHAT makes you think you can speak on behalf of every citisen in Iraq?
--
oh, and the very idea of Americans going to work in Iraq is laughable. PLEASE do you honest think that will happen?

Dont get me wrong, i dont think the US will be shit at looking after Iraq, but it will be a hell of a lot better then Saddam.
After all, at least under the US the citisens wont be shot at for complaining about how they are treated

The best option in my view is the UN to look after the country till a govement structure can be rebuilt.
They have a good track record with this, after all.
Old 2003-03-12, 17:20
Party animal

Now hold on a minute,
The inspectors reported they have no proof of any biological or chemical warfare means in Iraq.
They found NO weapons of mass destruction.

I don't know enough to speak for Iraq, but I can vouch that the palestinians hate america a whole lot more than they do arafat (or any other muslim leader, for that matter)

It is well known that the iraqi's do not love saddam, and are not under the impression that he is good for their country.
They hate him.
But, there's not much they can do about it.

What Axx said made me wonder..
Do the iraqi's want america's help?
Axx says they don't. And he's probably right.

It's obvious america isn't waging this war with helping Iraq as their best interest