Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

View Poll Results: Which sequel are you most psyched about? (Blatantly ripped from GameFAQ's )
Deus Ex 2: Invisible War 6 33.33%
Half-Life 2 6 33.33%
Halo 2 0 0%
Doom III 0 0%
Duke Nukem Forever 1 5.56%
Other 5 27.78%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2003-06-17, 04:55
Magic Ball Master

Deus Ex 2: Invisible War

I've been researching this game since the Half-Life thread, and I think it deserves its own thread as well.

This game seriously 0wns, using a new Ion Storm engine, incorporating alot of elements from Thief III and omg the physics!!!

Seriously though, I'm psyched about seeing alot of returning characters but also because you won't reprise the role as JC, but rather as one of his "prodigy"...

Seriously cool guys...a "must have" game...

Deus Ex 2=

Deus Ex 2: Invisible War (IGN Previews)

Deus Ex 2: Invisble War (Gamers.com Previews)

Deus Ex 2: Invisible War (GameFAQs info)

Enjoy!

-DJ

The Godfather
Old 2003-06-17, 11:06
Lauren...

Half-Life 2.

(Well, LBA3 of course, but it probably won't come in the near future).

Intensity
Integrity
Intelligence

The 100.000th post on the MBN is made by me!
Old 2003-06-17, 11:28
My favourite camel

Duke Nukem Forever.

DN 3D was the only 3D shooter I really enjoyed playing.
Old 2003-06-17, 13:04
Idyllic + whimsical

Other(s): Metal Gear Solid 3, The Longest Journey 2, Max Payne 2.
"Ignorance IS NOT bliss! How is your credit card history?" (Banner)
"I find bliss in Ignorance" (Linkin Park - One Step Closer)
Old 2003-06-17, 18:04
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
Deus ex 2 is my kind of game ^_^

and I want the Longest Journey II to :-]
Old 2003-06-17, 18:16
Magic Ball Master

Send a message via AIM to StarmanDX Send a message via MSN to StarmanDX
Other; LBA3

What's wrong with you people?
Old 2003-06-17, 18:19
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
besides the fact that we'll need to wait 5 years before a sign of LBA3?
Old 2003-06-18, 12:28
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
None of them, im not really into FPS.
Old 2003-06-18, 12:58
What is this place?

Trust me DF, you will like Deus Ex Oh and it's not really an FPS, more a firstperson scifi RPG.
Old 2003-06-18, 14:30
Magic Ball Master

DF- think of it as Metroid Prime...but with a dude rather than a chick (although in Deus Ex 2 you can play as a guy or girl).

Last edited by Double-J; 2003-06-18 at 14:35.
Old 2003-06-18, 21:56
Magic Ball Master

I don't know, I'm a little skeptical about DX2. It's more aimed at consoles, so it will be much less complex than DX1 was. There might not even be an inventory, for example. Also the HUD is way simplified. And Ion Storm said it won't be as long as DX1 (which was pretty long and deep, anyhow ).

DX1 might be a little hard to get into (believe me, it took me four times of re-playing the first few missions after continuning) but it's really worth it. It's awesome.
Old 2003-06-18, 22:24
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Quote:
Originally posted by wacko
[B]It's more aimed at consoles, so it will be much less complex than DX1 was. B]
*cough* sterotype *cough*
==
Atresica ~ well, I might try it sometime then...perhapes 2035 or something...I think im free then...
Old 2003-06-18, 23:26

Send a message via MSN to S.O.D.
Tomb Raider 6, Max Payne 2 and, why not, LBA 3
MAKE LBA POSSIBLE!!!!
Old 2003-06-19, 01:15

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
Tomb Raider needs to die. I can't believe there are still enough buyers to fund the furthur production of the sequals to that excuse of a game.
Old 2003-06-19, 12:21
What is this place?

It only has to die when they ask again for collecting 4 objects
Old 2003-06-19, 19:23
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally posted by oracle
Duke Nukem Forever.
More like Duke Nukem Never. But seriously, out of all the games there I am most looking to HL2 as I loved the first one so much. Also can't wait for Sam & Max Frellance Police. MI5 too.

Oh, yeah, and LBA3.
Old 2003-06-19, 23:03
Classic

alas MI5 isnt in development yet

Sam & Max looks cool though

Im looking forward to TRON 2.0 as well.
==
Lightwing ~ Agreed
Cant stand the games.

I also *really* hate the way the creators seem to think they are helping female representation in games
(saw the guys talking in an interview...their arrogance was amazing. By all means make a game staring a miss-proportioned girl, just dont act like your doing the world a favour )

However, the first game had many merits.
The creator left after it, and is currently working on the ""not canceled honest"" Galleon game.
Old 2003-06-19, 23:08

Quote:
Originally posted by Lightwing
Tomb Raider needs to die. I can't believe there are still enough buyers to fund the furthur production of the sequals to that excuse of a game.
I know, but anyway, I enjoy the games, and Lara is hoooooot
MAKE LBA POSSIBLE!!!!
Old 2003-06-20, 05:08

WTF are you smoking? The witches from "Wizard of Oz" are more attractive than she is.
Old 2003-06-20, 08:24
The Prince of all Saiyans

Send a message via ICQ to Bomba!
The chick who is playing in her movie[forgot her name] his hot :O
"All men dream, but not equally.Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible." ~Thomas Edward Lawrence

"When you were born, the world rejoiced and you cried. Live your life, so that when you die, you will rejoice and the world will cry." ~ Indian Saying
Old 2003-06-20, 11:18
Idyllic + whimsical

Quote:
Tomb Raider games so far indeed are horrible, but I must admit that Angel of Darkness looks like a nice new way of playing Lara Croft...
"Ignorance IS NOT bliss! How is your credit card history?" (Banner)
"I find bliss in Ignorance" (Linkin Park - One Step Closer)
Old 2003-06-20, 13:01
Lauren...

Quote:
Originally posted by Bomba!
The chick who is playing in her movie[forgot her name] his hot :O
Angelina Jolie.

Intensity
Integrity
Intelligence

The 100.000th post on the MBN is made by me!
Old 2003-06-20, 17:41

Quote:
WTF are you smoking? The witches from "Wizard of Oz" are more attractive than she is.
I also love those witches j/k
MAKE LBA POSSIBLE!!!!
Old 2003-06-20, 22:17

Quote:
Originally posted by HomerSimpson
Angelina Jolie.
Angelina is a pr0n st4r that constantly goes inscest on her brother. And in Tomb Raider she looks more Asian than British.
Old 2004-06-07, 02:50
Magic Ball Master

w00p! Excuse me for reviving this thread but I finished Deus Ex 2 some time ago and I feel like sharing some of my experiences.

I was very skeptical about this game at first. They made the gui/gameplay suitable for consoles: big buttons, little information, simplified menu's and stats. The original Deus Ex was quite RPG-extended with a grid-based inventory, EXP, skills, biomods, etc. The last part is all simplified in Deus Ex 2 as just the biomods, which affect some skills at the same time. You can't walk around with a lot of stuff anymore: there's place for 6 items in your 'toolbelt' for quick access and another 6 in your in inventory. Lockpicks and multitools are combined to just real-multi-multitools.

Ah well. Let's see how it goes.
After playing it for a bit I noticed how soon in the game they pick up the main storyline concept from Deus Ex: three parties/sides/forces to choose from, according to your own ethical vision of a perfect society. Wha, already? Yep, unlike Deus Ex 1 where they became clear only near the end you're confronted with choices between them pretty soon in the game. Some subquests you do for one will cancel subquests from the other party. Don't worry though, you can switch fairly easy between sides whenever you feel like it throughout the game, or just do subquests in the good order and you can do most of them anyway.

The story is, hm, okay. There are a few major plot twists, which either weren't surprising (similar cases used from Deus Ex 1) or just didn't affect me much. Is it shorter than DX1? Yes. But if you play all the subquests throughout the game, it's still pretty extended. By the way, you can choose four endings (becomes clear near the end), I only did one so far, still need to complete the other three.

Graphics. Ooh. I was surprised how heavy this game is. I was able to play it decently in 1024x768 with full options, on a brand new pc with pretty much kickass components. Wha, it looks that pretty then? In some points of view, yes. The environment is pretty cold and dark like DX1 and 3D models don't have highres textures on them. On the other hand, they have pretty detailed bumpmapping, and the lighting is completely dynamical. If you see a lighbulb hanging from a wire and you punch it around a bit, you can see shadows move around everywhere, including objects with holes in it etc. Amazing, just like the HL2 trailers .

Talking about punching objects around: this game has full physics for nearly every object, you can pick up a lot of objects and throw them around freely. This gets even more fun if you get some biomods with upgraded strength: you can pick up large objects and throw them away further. DX2 also inherited the ragdoll-physics from the new Unreal-series, so picking up a body and throwing it around looks incredibly awkward, and if you're a virtual psycho like me, you can have great moments of joy by just throwing bodies against people or hanging them over objects in a funny way. Er, never mind.

Er, so anyway. DX2 has really entertained me for a pretty long time. It's been a while since I played a game fulltime with great compassion like this. I felt coming home from DX1. It's a worthy sequel for one of the most amazing games ever created. Not quite as good, but very decent indeed.

I strongly suggest to only play this game after having played Deus Ex 1. If you finished Deus Ex 1 you'll find the gameplay and interfaces a piece of cake so you can focus on the game and the better things of DX2 (graphics, physics). You'd also miss lots of references and characters from DX1.

So far for this quick rant. I hope you had or will have as much fun with DX2 as I had lately. Anyone else who played it? Lightwing?