Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2001-04-07, 21:58
The Prince of all Saiyans

Send a message via ICQ to Bomba!
Cool

I read harry potter 1,2,3,4 and i think its a great
Book did u read harry potter if u dont read
So read it!
And if u read it so what do u think about it
I think is great but my opinion dont count here beacuse
Harry potter 1-4 is the only book that i read in my
all Life (and school books that i was had to read )
"All men dream, but not equally.Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible." ~Thomas Edward Lawrence

"When you were born, the world rejoiced and you cried. Live your life, so that when you die, you will rejoice and the world will cry." ~ Indian Saying
Old 2001-04-07, 22:55
Your God

Send a message via ICQ to Phoenix
I'm fed up with hearing about Harry bloody Potter. Ppl are going insane over it, as if it's a religion of something. From what I've heard of them they sound like a bunch of stupid kiddies books with dragons and goblins in.
Old 2001-04-07, 23:17
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
Hmmmmmm phoenix you're mistaking, there is indeed an rediciluos cult about the books but they are nice one's

I don't think they're the best books, but they're really good
Old 2001-04-08, 01:00
hmz

Send a message via ICQ to {}ghost{}
Atresica is 100% right
Old 2001-04-08, 01:58

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
I'd have to partially agree with Phoenix....."Harry Potter" from my point of view is nothing special....The books are very hard to follow along...There's very little action, or suspence. Herry and his gang remind me of "Babysitter's Club".(Where a couple of babysitter girls go around solving mysteries) What bugs me most is how humans, with all their power and achivements, are shown as a weaker, more helpless species compared to the magicians.

Like Phoenix said previously, Harry Potter is a very childish novel.
Old 2001-04-08, 04:52
weee

Harry Poter is a very good book... don't hate it just because everyone else love it
Old 2001-04-08, 09:43

Look Phoenix and Lightwing i started
To read Harry Potter beacuse ghost told
Thats Harry Potter his a great book and
Before i read it i
Told him excactly what u 2 saied
Untill i started to read it
And look what i saied now! (look above)
"All men dream, but not equally.Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible." ~Thomas Edward Lawrence

"When you were born, the world rejoiced and you cried. Live your life, so that when you die, you will rejoice and the world will cry." ~ Indian Saying
Old 2001-04-08, 12:22
hmz

well he's right..

I didnt like the idea of reading a book at all too

but then I started to read the first one

and finished it in the same day

then the second one arrived and I read it in english already (dont forget we have here books in hebrew )

then the third and the fourth one I got really early when it came out in the US
Guess I really like it, it was 760 pages and I read it all in english..
Old 2001-04-08, 16:00
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
The first time I heard about it I was very skeptic.

I like the books but I'm not some one who wants all the merchandise and everything.
Old 2001-04-08, 16:24
Loud & Heavy

Send a message via ICQ to V2
i first heard of harry potter in another thread over here and after that, i hear again now. i have absolutely no idea what it is so i can't say my opininon. but be sure that if i come across any book of this potter, i'll read it to see how it's like.
i'm normally not the one who likes what most ppl are crazy with (e.g.: pokemon). but i'll give it a try

Death Metal... for life!!!
Old 2001-04-09, 02:20
Whats her face

Send a message via ICQ to froggee
Harry Potter is a bit childish, I think people buy them because they're 'in' rather than buying them because they are good books.. (or maybe some people really do like them..)
I love fantasy and sci-fi though.. If you want to read a good fantasy novel I suggest you read anything by Tolkien (The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings) or the Swords of Truth Series (Which is very long, but good.. About 800 words a book, 6 books)
Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible.
Old 2001-04-09, 03:35

The hobbit....yes, yes. I had to read that one for my summer brake...I though it was rather good.

Anybody read Redwall?
Old 2001-04-09, 11:16

Froggee look u saied that most
Of the kids that read harry potter read
It beacuse its 'in' but in
Israel u cant called to any book
'in' beacuse if read book here you are a geek
So in israel if you read harry potter
No one call u a geek beacuse its little bit more
Populer here but its will never be 'in'
In israel
So now u still think i read it to
Be 'in'?

Old 2001-04-09, 11:47
Loud & Heavy

i prefer crime.horror novels like agatha christie's ones. till now i have read only 2 of the but i find them pretty cool and i'll read morein the future for sure

Old 2001-04-09, 14:13
What is this place?

I consider HP more as something between two serious books, they are light but I found them very addictive.
Old 2001-04-09, 15:21
weee

Everybody loves this book because it's a good book, and there aren't many good books... that's all.
Old 2001-04-09, 20:40
Loud & Heavy

btw bomba, i suggest you also read harry potter in ehglish, like ghost did, so as to improve your english, because -no offence- but they suck. i think it'll help you

Old 2001-04-09, 21:31
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Quote:
Originally posted by froggee
..I suggest you read anything by Tolkien (The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings) or the Swords of Truth Series (Which is very long, but good.. About 800 words a book, 6 books)
I consider LOTR to be one of the best books ever written (or is it 3? books or 6?).But I did think they where sort of 'stretched' books.They was too much discription in places, and all the family trees and stuff at the end of Return Of th King was just pointless.
I am looking forward to the film version, comming out latter this year.
Apart from that, other books I like are 'clasic' Sci Fi (Isac Asimov, Arther C Clark ect.) and Discworld books.
I have never read HP, so I couldn't possible comment.
Old 2001-04-09, 22:38
What is this place?

You should give it a try
Old 2001-04-10, 01:15

Look V2 i am dont suck in english
I am just not good
Beacuse i not good at english so
I cant read harry potter in english
Sorry abot who i write

Old 2001-04-10, 02:46

Quote:
Originally posted by V2
btw bomba, i suggest you also read harry potter in ehglish, like ghost did, so as to improve your english, because -no offence- but they suck. i think it'll help you

You know, I just get so pissed off when people say that....because the stupid thing is, is that it is offencive.....saying "no offence" just makes it worse..

P.S. You don't HAVE to study english bomba.....unless you live in US, or England you don't have to because it is not your native language...
Old 2001-04-10, 03:16
hmz

Quote:
Originally posted by V2
They suck? V2, its it. Your english suck. It suck. You see? and that was when you said someone else's english suck..

Quote:
Originally posted by Bomba!
Look V2 i am dont suck in english
I am just not good
Beacuse i not good at english so
I cant read harry potter in english
Sorry abot who i write
spelling mistakes in here:
Look V2 (great way to start a sentence)
I am dont (its I dont)
I am dont suck in english (my english doesnt suck)
I am just not good (its just not good)
Because I not good at english so (because it isnt good so)
Abot (About)
Sorry abot who i write (Sorry about what I write)

Quote:
Originally posted by Lightwing
You know, I just get so pissed off when people say that....because the stupid thing is, is that it is offencive.....saying "no offence" just makes it worse..

P.S. You don't HAVE to study english bomba.....unless you live in US, or England you don't have to because it is not your native language...
Actually, it is less offensive when you say that like that

and you REALLY REALLY SHOULD learn english even if its not your native language.. The reason is, you will need it everywhere in the world, so you wont be able to travel or live in another state without knowing english.

And besides, nowadays, at the age of the internet, YOU HAVE TO KNOW ENGLISH. First of all, to make people understand what you are saying. Second of all, so you could get along by yourself.

Let's say you need help and you ask from someone and he answers you in English, you might not understand what he means

Besides - It gives bad impression on people. At least on me.

Its harder for you to communicate

that's the main problem

even if you think people actually understand you

that might not be always true

and lets say your computer gets screwed
or you just want to explore a new application you had just downloaded -
Then you would have to know english so you would understand the options and wont screw up anything.

and last thing - Its one of the most important tests here in Israel. Both the "Bagroot" and the "Psychometree"

(Bagroot - tests we do at 10-11-12 grades. This grades can effect our future)

(Psychometree - not everyone has to do these - only if you want to. They are very important tests, and its about Maths, English and Hebrew grammer.)
Old 2001-04-10, 03:33
hmz

P.S.: (sorry for double-posting)

[hr]

I wrote the spelling mistakes about Bomba!'s post without meaning to insult him, just wanted to give him an example

[hr]

besides, he knows the word he needs to know, and he reads and talks much better than writing.. therefor he understands what you write, he just has spelling mistakes, but he knows the words, and if you talk with him you would understand prefectly well what he means

and besides of the besides (), his english level is above most of our grade's students'.

Old 2001-04-10, 05:35

Quote:
Originally posted by {}ghost{}
-No its not.....for when you say no offense, you say it while knowing that what you are saying is actually offensive. So now that when you say "no offense", you say it without actually meaning it. Which is more threatfull....

P.S.
-Oh by the way, Ghost, you're using suck in a wrong tense. Suck is the present tense of the verb that can be used after 'I', 'you', 'they', or helping verbs like 'can'. All of the other times the present tense of the verb "suck" is sucks.....Therefore, "Your english suck. It suck.", is wrong. V2 may have use the wrong pro-noun, but that's only because he made a careless mistake. You made an intentional, repetitive mistake when you used suck in its incorrect state. Hihihi....looks like V2 knows enlish better than you......

P.P.S. French is the most spoken language.

[Edited by Lightwing on 10-04-2001 at 04:50]
Old 2001-04-10, 09:47
hmz

Quote:
Originally posted by Lightwing
Quote:
Originally posted by {}ghost{}
-No its not.....for when you say no offense, you say it while knowing that what you are saying is actually offensive. So now that when you say "no offense", you say it without actually meaning it. Which is more threatfull....

P.S.
-Oh by the way, Ghost, you're using suck in a wrong tense. Suck is the present tense of the verb that can be used after 'I', 'you', 'they', or helping verbs like 'can'. All of the other times the present tense of the verb "suck" is sucks.....Therefore, "Your english suck. It suck.", is wrong. V2 may have use the wrong pro-noun, but that's only because he made a careless mistake. You made an intentional, repetitive mistake when you used suck in its incorrect state. Hihihi....looks like V2 knows enlish better than you......

P.P.S. French is the most spoken language.

[Edited by Lightwing on 10-04-2001 at 04:50]
A) not true

B) No thats what I call fast typing mistake I was at the ICQ also and didnt really look at what im writing.. I do know grammer well and you shouldnt start with me, otherwise ill start fixing everyones' mistakes here and they could only blame you..

C) SOOO not true

P.S.: I dont know Past Perfect and Future Past that well, but im sure V2 doesn't even know these two tenses even exist.. :P