Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and its world.

Old 2020-07-03, 14:36
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Twinsen I'm looking for all the French .VOX files, would any kind soul help me?

Hey guys, what's up?

I decides to revisit good old LBA2 in a very specific manner: I want to play it on Android, and in French

I managed to run it on my phone with a DOS emulator from the ISO of my old CD, but it was in English. I changed the CFG file to turn both the text and audio into french, and the text worked, but the characters went mute.

I then checked the VOX folder and realised I only had English VOX files, because my old CD is the brazilian/american version

So I installed up the GOG multilingual version and tried to copy the French VOX files but the folder was empty. Then, I realised that in the GOG version, the VOX files get transfered (no idea from where) as you play, so I would have to play through the whole game on PC before copying the files to my phone

So, I could use help in 3 ways:
  1. Anyone got the French VOX files of LBA2 to share with me?
  2. Anyone knows how to force The GOG version to load up all the VOX files at once, so I can copy them?
  3. Anyone knows where the VOX files from the GOG version are stored before being "transferred" to the VOX folder during gameplay? They must be stored SOMEWHERE, they can't be just generated from thin air!

Thanks a lot people! With your help, I'll be able to practice my French on the go with my favorite game!

EDIT: Never mind, I managed to extract the BIN from the GOG version and install the whole multilingual version on my phone

Last edited by Skarr Smith; 2020-07-03 at 19:19. Reason: Problem solved
Old 2020-07-04, 17:39
Magic Level: Green Ball

Did you originally post this on reddit and then delete it? I'm sure I saw it there yesterday on my break, and couldn't reply as I didn't know my password, then I got home and went to reply and the post was gone. Or maybe I read it here and imagined the rest.

It'd be really cool if you could release your andoid LBA package, or instructions or a video on how to do it.

Tags
files, lba 2