Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2001-02-08, 23:48
The Cow Freak

Send a message via ICQ to Smazy
and the toppics are nog being closed a little bit weird. Close every thing that's spam.
/me is getting pissed of to
Old 2001-02-09, 02:14

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
Geez people!!!! 90% of all the posts on this forum are all spam!!! And I understand, a little spaming now and then is perfectly ok. But when you have nearly every message full of it, it drives me crazy. Stop spamming!!!!!!!! Stop posting unnedded replies, just so that you could post something!!!! STOP IT!!!!! I have never seen so much spam in my life!!! In fact I was on LBA messageboards for years and years, and I only found out what spam ment when I went to this forum!!!! It's like there's 15 updated threads, and all of their posts are spam!!! SPAM SPAM SPAM!!!! AHHHHHHHH!!!! I think I'm gonna go nuts!!! Because you people spam so much, theres a whole bunch of messages. That way, you don't know which threads are actually important, and which ones are filled with smap!!!! STOP IT!!! STOP IT!!! AT first I thought that El Muerte was crazy when he made the rule about spaming!!! But now I see that he is right!!! In fact he is more than right!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! This goes especially to those that want to post just so that they can see their # of posts go up!!!!! People stop SPAMING!!!!! And El Muerte, take off the # of posts thing!!! It just cause more spam!!!!!! I've kept my mouth shut about this for a long time. Been patien, but now my pacience has ended!!!! Stop all the spaming, or I'm getting the hell away from this forum as far as possible!!!!! Otherwise, going here and reading a load of unnesessary messages is just waste of time. I mean who wants to do that?! This is even worse than a flame war!!!
Old 2001-02-09, 02:54
Whats her face

Send a message via ICQ to froggee
Spam: A canned meat product (and bad one at that)

If having conversations is spam, then that's what forums are for! I agree that some people take it a little overboard, but as long as there is some conversation going on, its not spam.. Even if it's really stupid.. You can't call some things spam because they are stupid or immature because some people may think diffrently about it. You can always ignor the spam, but if all of the messages get closed, there will be new ones brought up to talk on. Yes this isnt a chat room, but who cares? If you see a message thats important, and then people get off topic, just quote the last important thing and continue on from there.. you dont have to go and close the whole thread. I would rather some unimportant conversation going on rather than none at all.
Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible.
Old 2001-02-09, 04:31

So you think this is not spam?

http://forum.magicball.net/showthrea...6&pagenumber=2

and this

http://forum.magicball.net/showthrea...3&pagenumber=5

and this

http://forum.magicball.net/showthread.php?threadid=496

Don't tell me that these are not examples of spam!!!!!
Old 2001-02-09, 13:25
Loud & Heavy

Send a message via ICQ to V2
all these are caused by the # of posts. i think the better solution would be to take them away. who cares how many posts has someone?? and what's the point to see it anyway? i expect a reply from the moderators please
Old 2001-02-09, 17:03
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
This 'Spam' that you call it Lightwing, is perhabs the thing that keeps this community alive...you can't expect that we would only talk about LBA?
I've quit with the real spamming and than I mean message that are only posted to get a higher post #.

Please tell me Lightwing, what is than your discription of Spam?

PS. Froggee, your avatar rulz!
Old 2001-02-09, 19:29
hmz

Send a message via ICQ to {}ghost{}
Quote:
Originally posted by froggee
Spam: A canned meat product (and bad one at that)

If having conversations is spam, then that's what forums are for! I agree that some people take it a little overboard, but as long as there is some conversation going on, its not spam.. Even if it's really stupid.. You can't call some things spam because they are stupid or immature because some people may think diffrently about it. You can always ignor the spam, but if all of the messages get closed, there will be new ones brought up to talk on. Yes this isnt a chat room, but who cares? If you see a message thats important, and then people get off topic, just quote the last important thing and continue on from there.. you dont have to go and close the whole thread. I would rather some unimportant conversation going on rather than none at all.
So right.. And BTW, Conversations dont equal chat!
Chatting is wrong, and that's spamming
Conversations is a long-term chatting
and its about other things then LBA
and it is what keeps the community alive
Old 2001-02-09, 19:32
hmz

Quote:
Originally posted by Atresica
This 'Spam' that you call it Lightwing, is perhabs the thing that keeps this community alive...you can't expect that we would only talk about LBA?
I've quit with the real spamming and than I mean message that are only posted to get a higher post #.

PS. Froggee, your avatar rulz!
Look, There are number of places PPL already said that, so just write it there! (I talked to Lightwing, if you didnt understand..)

She's totally right

And BTW Froggee, your Avatar is the 2nd ruler!
of course Zed rulez more, On simon's and mine!

Lightwing, was this "Chatting" a spam?
I just told her my opinion about her Avatar
and that's not wrong
forums are also to get to know and talk with other people
not only about the forum subject...
The whole idea is that you have something in commet, both of you like the same game, and that's why all the members are here and not in mIRC chatting!
Old 2001-02-09, 19:34
hmz

Quote:
Originally posted by V2
all these are caused by the # of posts. i think the better solution would be to take them away. who cares how many posts has someone?? and what's the point to see it anyway? i expect a reply from the moderators please
I already said 1000000 times its not important
and that's not what causing the spams
and I think there arent no spams
maybe once in a while
By Csx2 or by the Sex freak Lightwing, because when he talks about it he says things totally that doesnt belong to the subject...
but then again, he's the sanity inspector...

It wont matter a thing to me if El would take off the #posts...
Old 2001-02-09, 21:26
The Cow Freak

When you open a serious thread it has a change to spam.
Old 2001-02-10, 01:53

Quote:
Originally posted by Atresica

ALIVE!!!! You call this community "alive"!!! Its not alive, its dead! In fact it has beed dead for a long period of time. And if spam is the thing which is keeping this community "alive", well then I reather choose it to be "dead". Because spam only makes it worse. See, spam has only one definition. And thats a load of posts that are just freaking unnessesary. And I'm not talking about chatting. Sure, people chat all the time. But then they really start to goof-off! Spamming is posting something that doesn't have a point. It doesn't lead anywhere. It's just a plain load of crap, in which the messages don't even go together. I can't explain it...but if you want more examples, I'll find you more.

And you know what!!!! If spam is the only thing thats keeping this "community" alive then screw this! I don't need for it to be supported on a collection of unneded crap! Even if this means low traffic!
Old 2001-02-10, 13:04
hmz

If this community is so "Dead", so why do you keep visiting here every day?

To tell us not to "spam"?
Old 2001-02-10, 17:35
Loud & Heavy

Send a message via ICQ to V2
i just realised that you lightwing are too f**ckin' lba addicted. i don't know how else i could explain this.
relax man. this mb AND this community isn't just for lba. it's more about fun
at least that's my opininon...
Old 2001-02-10, 18:17
hmz

Finnally someone normal..!

No actually, only Lightwing and Smazy - everything they see, which isnt their post, is a spam...
Old 2001-02-10, 18:33
Whats her face

I don't mind it here because it's nothing compaired to some of the other forums I visit.. If you post a message and come back in an hour, you wont be able to find it because there are so many more posts.. People leave messages all the time that have nothing to do with anything, and people dont complain.. You have to expect it on ubbs unless you want to go back to the old forum and scroll through everything to get to a message..
Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible.
Old 2001-02-10, 23:25

Alright then! You know what! Maybe then I shouldn't come here anymore!!

And yes, I spammed as well. But that was before I realized how pathetic spamming was!
Old 2001-02-11, 00:53
hmz

Quote:
Originally posted by Lightwing
Alright then! You know what! Maybe then I shouldn't come here anymore!!
Hey! Relax!
I didnt say that!
Just said that you're still here after all
You misunderstood me
I wouldnt tell anyone ever to leave
And I also dont have rights too
Not even mentioning you're here from the start of the forum, and im just a newbie

I just said my opinions

And everyone is entitled to think what they want.

So sorry anyway, if I didnt explain myself correctly
and if you meant to me when saying "spammers", you should refer to it with examples, to support what you're saying.
Old 2001-02-11, 13:54
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
Lightwing, you sound now like a unreasoneble brat, and I know you too long for thinking you are one.
Anyway, I don't really see why the conversations we have is spamming. I can understand that you are anoyed by the number of treads who contain the *he hits that guy* things, I can understand that because it kills the general idea if the tread. I say we all (including me) should stop something like that unless the *he hits that guy* reply also contains soemthing that has something to do, so something like:
==================================
*guy throws Lego to other guy

(thing that has to do with topic)
==================================

LBA is not dead as long we think it isn't dead and besides, its a game, and we have met each other here so why can't we have a good time with each other?
I visit a board from an old SNES game and we're still together because we like each other, not because the game is so resently.

I hope all you anti-spammers understand my oppinion

[/serious]
Old 2001-02-11, 14:28
Hello

Send a message via MSN to Gustav Sweden
Yeah, the offtopic forum is really spamming right now.. This is the first time i visit it in a week, but then the General Forum is more interesting than ever..
Old 2001-02-11, 20:44
Whats her face

Well said Atresica!
Old 2001-02-11, 21:19
Neko

hm

let's close this conversation

spamming is being really annoying

and posting to every thread more than once

and saying very stupid things as:

what is higher, the space mountain on desert island or the lighthouse.,

Old 2001-02-11, 22:18
hmz

Quote:
Originally posted by froggee
Well said Atresica!
Atresica for presedent!
Old 2001-02-11, 22:20
The Cow Freak

This toppic is spam too, but why don't discuss what is spam on this forum?
Old 2001-02-11, 22:30
hmz

Smazy stop..

Everyone just stop writing replys in this forum
its a useless one
and El\one of the moderators should close it...

We're just fighting all the time..

Old 2001-02-11, 22:50
The Cow Freak

LOCK IT