Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

View Poll Results: What did ya think of X2?
Good (thumbs up) 6 66.67%
Bad (thumbs down) 1 11.11%
I didn't see it, because I hate mutants and/or I am one 2 22.22%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2003-05-04, 16:28
LBA fan

I just hope no one has the idea of making a movie with Onslaught, urgh, the biggest tragicomedy series of Marvel. -_-
Old 2003-05-04, 17:37
Lauren...

Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J
[*]Juggernaut (whooo!)[*]Apocalypse (OMG...the ultimate X-Men bad guy)[*]Mr. Sinister
Those are indeed really cool characters.

Intensity
Integrity
Intelligence

The 100.000th post on the MBN is made by me!
Old 2003-05-04, 18:04
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Medur
I just hope no one has the idea of making a movie with Onslaught, urgh, the biggest tragicomedy series of Marvel. -_-
I stopped reading X-Men comics after that...it sucked...if you could explain the whole thing, I'd appreciate it

Wasn't Onslaught basically Magneto combine with Xavier? I remember something about "fake" alien Beast talking about how he was an imposter, and how he was going to help Onslaught. Xavier "killed" magneto, but somehow their minds bonded into one creature. Nobody "realized" it was magneto (gee...didn't the bigass red and purple tights give it away? For sure the helmet did )...and I stopped there. Haven't read a comic since.
Old 2003-05-04, 19:10
LBA fan

I stopped reading comics after Venom died and returned again (after the clones saga, when Venom became a government secret agent)
I didn't follow the Onslaught series either, I only know about it superficially, but I know it sucks. Killing all the most important heroes means one thing: lack of creativity and wanting to get money fast.
Old 2003-05-04, 19:29
Mageling at heart

Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J
[B]Kieron- Gambit's power isn't throwing exploding cards, it's the ability to control kinetic energy. He can literally channel energy into any object and cause it to self destruct. He uses the cards as a way to "throw" the explosions at enemies. He also has a sweet staff that he uses to fight enemies with.
ow ok i'd forgotten that. i still think he was rubbish...

Quote:
As far as Archangel and Beast, the problem is that they AREN'T side characters, they were part of the original X-Men team. Beast needs to be there, Archangel...well, maybe not, but Beast would be cool...he could be a professor at the school.
i know beast was a central character in the cartoons, i just think he wouldn't really have had an individual role in the films because they were all taken by other characters (mostly xavier). archangel wasn't really a central character so maybe he'll come in later...
- kirsty maccoll
Old 2003-05-04, 21:36
Magic Ball Master

I also stopped reading the Wolverine comics (an offshoot of the X-Men series) after Magneto removed the adamantium from his skeleton, and Wolvie got his ass whipped every week by a cool bad guy named "Cyber".

I don't think Beast has to be a central character, but he should be featured as a supporting player...someone the X-Men can depend on to provide help (maybe play "Q" to the X-Men's James Bond)

Tags
comics, movies