Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2016-11-09, 17:06
ffffff

Thumbs Up i'm glad trump got elected

discuss.
[21:53] <OBattler> i just don´t believe in behaving like either an animal
[21:53] <OBattler> or like adolf hitler

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreGGy View Post
Opinions are like testicles, everyone has theirs - Those are my opinions and I have no fear to show them to you.
Quote:
but that's what it is, the troll is a rapist
a soul rapist

- Link, 2013
*~ Anakin ~ Mia ~ Rex_Hollywood ~ Jesse ~ Jasiek ~ Kitarii ~ Twinsan ~ BFFs 4 lYfE ~*
Old 2016-11-09, 21:52
Zebrazilla

amen

LBA Speedruns
Personal Best - LBA 1 - Any% PC - Time: 01h 04m 23s
Personal Best - LBA 1 - Any% Android - Time: 01h 04m 35s
Old 2016-11-09, 23:45
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
hopefully he'll finally do something about those pesky jews
Old 2016-11-10, 00:22
Magic Ball Master

Looks like the quality of "joaks" hasn't improved in the last 10 years in here.

Oh well.
Old 2016-11-10, 18:32
Polly parrot

Inshallah

We need Battler for this thread to start off
Old 2016-11-10, 19:39
FreemanQC

Send a message via MSN to gravel22
This is pretty sad.

https://twitter.com/i/moments/796417517157830656
Little Big Adventure Former World Record Holder (53:40:80) see on Twitch below

I'm a LBA speedrunner find me on and SPEEDRUN.COM subscribe to my twitch channel.
Old 2016-11-10, 20:56
the legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravel22 View Post
so unbelievable !!

Polaris: "And what is a guitar doing in the middle of an asteroïd anyway?"
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Old 2016-11-11, 01:41
Polly parrot

I didn't think of it but yeah, that was to be expected
Old 2016-11-11, 20:23
weee

This is truly, truly horrifying. Possibly November 8th 2016 will forever be remembered as the day the man who destroyed the world got elected.

There's just no reason to be optimistic here. The man said he wonders why the US doesn't use its nuclear weapons. And people elected him for it. All the other horrible stuff he says and represents, horrible as they are, are nothing compared to this.

A nuclear war has always been inevitable, it's only a matter of when and where.
We can't possibly comprehend the notion a nuclear war actually taking place in the real world in our own lifetime, it's all just words and maybe some images in our heads now. But our bubble might burst very soon. In the meantime, let's enjoy our blissful innocence while it lasts.
Old 2016-11-12, 17:18
the legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosFish View Post
This is truly, truly horrifying. Possibly November 8th 2016 will forever be remembered as the day the man who destroyed the world got elected.

There's just no reason to be optimistic here. The man said he wonders why the US doesn't use its nuclear weapons. And people elected him for it. All the other horrible stuff he says and represents, horrible as they are, are nothing compared to this.

A nuclear war has always been inevitable, it's only a matter of when and where.
We can't possibly comprehend the notion a nuclear war actually taking place in the real world in our own lifetime, it's all just words and maybe some images in our heads now. But our bubble might burst very soon. In the meantime, let's enjoy our blissful innocence while it lasts.
Particularly because atomic bombs of now are thousands times more powerful than the atomic bombs of the past so... yep, noone can quite imagine that.

sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.

Last edited by SpaceGuitarist; 2016-11-12 at 17:25.
Old 2016-11-12, 18:05
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Its depressing how easily a population can be manipulated.
That propaganda and lies spread via memes on social media count infinitely more then actual facts and policies.
That anything can be excused once people convenience themselves that their side is correct. That somehow outrageous things become acceptable - things they would instantly jump on if the other side said it.

Americas arnt stupid, in fact, I daresay most Trump supporters are smarter then he is.
But the political environment and poor state of journalism that has let a very obvious conman with a huge ego into the white house.

After all; Just forget everything else a moment. A guy with a construction firm has sold a country a $16Billion+ wall.

People form blinkers so they cant see whats right in front of them.

Its also worthy of note, that Trump draws so much attention. So much screentime. That people barely notice anything else.
I bet 90% of his supporters don't even know what his vice-president wants to do.
(hell, I dought most dems don't even).

Go on, look up Mike Pences policys. See what he supports.
Old 2016-11-12, 19:55
the legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkflame View Post
A guy with a construction firm has sold a country a $16Billion+ wall.
Imagine just 0.5% of that* going to the making of LBA 3 and the joy it could bring the world instead. *sigh*

* a generous 80 million dollars

Old 2016-11-12, 23:32
weee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkflame View Post
Go on, look up Mike Pences policys. See what he supports.
Oh my god. That man is pure evil. I'm feeling sick.

He supports Israel, but with all the other things he supports I really don't want his support. Fuck that guy.

Last edited by ChaosFish; 2016-11-12 at 23:42.
Old 2016-11-13, 22:02
Magic Ball Master

Mike Pence lives less than 2 miles from me, on the same street. I accidentally pulled into his driveway a few weeks ago and had a gun pulled on me. Fun times.
Old 2016-11-14, 00:01
the legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DedalousDiggle View Post
Mike Pence lives less than 2 miles from me, on the same street. I accidentally pulled into his driveway a few weeks ago and had a gun pulled on me. Fun times.
Old 2016-11-14, 00:31
weee

Ugh. What a dubious honor. The vice president of the united states pulled a gun on you??
Old 2016-11-14, 00:54
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosFish View Post
Ugh. What a dubious honor. The vice president of the united states pulled a gun on you??
It was his security. I recently bought an old truck and it was overheating so I had to pull over and stop, just so happened to pull into the driveway of the governor's residence. It's in a neighborhood on my drive home from work.
Old 2016-11-14, 01:14
weee

So it was his goons. Still appalling.
Old 2016-11-15, 00:37
Azor Ahai

Although I don't live in the USA, I'm incredibly scared and worried about the situation.

People seem to be more and more skeptical about democracy and with all the problems of this days they tend to rely on strong politicians who state that they will make their lives better. I'm talking about Le Pen, Farage or Salvini. They put emphasis on topics that are actually pointless or secondary, or they exaggerate important problems in order to gain votes. The scary thing is that people all around the world are actually starting to prefer these kind of politicians to those who are actually capable of finding solutions.
It's like Brexit. The election of Trump is another proof that people don't think to their future or the future of their sons...
Old 2016-11-15, 10:38
Party animal

lol @ this thread.

hillary also said the nuclear option shouldn't be off the table yet no one is bothered by this apparently. not to mention she was for the war in iraq and started a civil war in libya. but yeah trump is the dangerous one.

anyway personally i'm super excited about making america great again!
Old 2016-11-15, 10:50
Party animal

to be more serious for a moment:

i didn't like trump at all at first, but the smugness and hypocrisy of american liberals actually made me develop some sympathy for him.

the democrats' entire campaign could be summed up as "if you don't vote for our candidate you're either racist, sexist, or stupid." their campaign consisted almost exclusively of bullying and condescension.

in the mean time, they've got their head so far up their ass they can't see that they're guilty of everything they're accusing the other side of. they delegetimize and insult anyone who doesn't think like them. they rigged their primaries and their media conducted a systematic campaign of slander and misinformation (nytimes said hillary has an 85% chance of winning, huffington post put it at 96%).

it is exactly the kind of mentality of people who compare trump to hitler just because they don't like him that pushed people into trump's arms. it was clear to everybody that hillary is corrupt and in the pockets of wallstreet, the weapons industry, the oil industry and big pharma. it was obvious that she had no intention of doing anything for the working class american and yet the democrats tried to bully people into voting for her, and acting like anyone who doesn't is a bad person or just stupid. now liberals are in shock because it turns out that bullying and patronizing others isn't the best way to win an election. too bad.

this is exactly why nearly 50% of women and 30% of hispanics voted trump. the whole "we know what's good for you better than you do so shut up and vote for our candidate" approach doesn't work and in fact just ends up having the opposite effect.

Last edited by Reek; 2016-11-15 at 10:57.
Old 2016-11-15, 15:59
weee

Anakin - That seems very parallel to how South Park season 19 affected South Park season 20. Each side (neo-progressive in one end and conservative in the other) gets more and more bloated and extreme, until it's either "close your eyes and float around in your happy fantasy land" or "fuck them all to death".
And I can really see why "fuck them all to death" seems like the more reasonable choice here.
But in the end, we now have Mr. Garrison as the president of the United States. It might feel good to have slapped the smog bastards in their smog faces, but we're still pretty screwed.
Old 2016-11-15, 16:31
Polly parrot

I believe talking about mass manipulation and people who don't think about the future of their children isn't something we should do.
We would just be labeling them.
People voted for Trump, people voted for the Brexit, these choices seemed and still seem rational to them, labeling them just means not trying to understand them, which in turn is leading to massive social tensions, which is good for no one.

I don't really know why people voted for Trump, as I do not live in America, but, although being pro-EU, I can certainly see why people voted for the Brexit.
Think of it, what advantages does the EU have for you, if you're unwealthy in a rich European country ?

There is real suffering going on here, and rather than trying to communicate, people judge and label. That's the real problem we're facing imho.
Old 2016-11-16, 12:59
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reek View Post
lol @ this thread.

hillary also said the nuclear option shouldn't be off the table yet no one is bothered by this apparently. not to mention she was for the war in iraq and started a civil war in libya. but yeah trump is the dangerous one.
Trump was also for the War in Iraq - as video interviews show, despite his claims to the contrary. (his "evidence" he was against was a interview a year after it started)

Also, Hillary did not start a civil war in libya. Dont be silly. She doesn't have that power.

As for Nukes - there is a big difference between "nukes being on the table" (bad) and wanting to arm countries not yet having nukes (which is what Trump said he wanted to do). (very very bad)

Quote:
they rigged their primaries and their media conducted a systematic campaign of slander and misinformation (nytimes said hillary has an 85% chance of winning, huffington post put it at 96%).
Claiming Hilliary is winning in no way helps her. It just means less reason for her side to vote, and more reason for Trump.

Meanwhile the primaries where not "rigged". Yes, they had a preference for her over Sanders, but that isnt rigging, thats simply prefering someone thats been in their "club" for decades, rather then someone that joined that year.

Quote:
Think of it, what advantages does the EU have for you, if you're unwealthy in a rich European country ?
Two main ones imho;

a)Freedom to travel and work where you like. Even the unwealthy might move because of family/relations.

b) Keeping the british government to european human right rules and regulations. It was the EU restraining the UK spying, for one.
Theres many other rights they enshrine too

The remain compagin didnt communicate well though - quickly swamped out by the promises of the leave ("350 million saved" a week, a clear cut lie, but worked well)
Old 2016-11-16, 13:40
Classic

YES it IS wrong to stereotype all trump supporters as raciest - or even half as Hillary did before she apologized. No group should be pigeoned holed or stereotyped in that way.
But that doesn't mean racism a non-issue either.

Trump has stated horrible things against whole groups of people. He has made up lies to cast them in bad light ("I saw thousands of muslims dancing in the streets of new jersey as the towers fell"). His supporters hand wave these statements away.
It doesn't apply to them, so its fine.

Same goes for the appointment of Pence. Anyone that looked at his civil rights polices that remotely cares about the rights of LGBT would have run a mile - not made this man one heartbeat from the presidency.
Trump supporters either dont care about that issue, or don't even know Pences policies - so is it any wonder they get these labels?
Your not homophobic but you support a guy that wants marriage between homosexuals to be constitutionally illegal? Your not racist but you support a guy that wants to ban a whole religion entering the country?

Putting up with a racist statements, racist attitudes, and being willing to accept the discrimination of others merely because to you value other things are more important is not acceptable.

There is a phrase about good men sitting back and doing nothing. That applies here. You might not be racist yourself - but if you give one power, your doing just as much damage.

====

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reek View Post
it is exactly the kind of mentality of people who compare trump to hitler just because they don't like him
You really think the comparisons have nothing to do with him wanting to ban all Muslims entering the country and put surveillance in mosques?

You think that has nothing to do with the comparisons and its all just "because they don't like him"

Now you might say the comparison is still undeserved, and that's certainly fair enough, but that doesn't mean it comes from no where.

Quote:
this is exactly why nearly 50% of women and 30% of hispanics voted trump.
Assuming your percentages are correct, I assume you mean 50% of people who voted Trump

Only 26% of the us population voted for Trump in total.
Only 58% of people that could vote did.
Most of the population rejected both him and Hillary.

Quote:
and in the pockets of wallstreet, the weapons industry, the oil industry and big
The candidate who says climate change is the biggest problem facing the world is "in the pocket of the oil industry"
And the one claiming its a hoax isn't?

Besides you can check yourself;
https://www.opensecrets.org/pres16/c...s?id=N00000019
Big pharm, Wallstreet and tech firms - yes, all big doners.
But oil? Not seeing it. Oil and Coal are very traditionally GOP donors, so its pretty unlikely even if Hilliary and Trump didnt talk polar opposite stances of climate change.

By comparison Trump;
https://www.opensecrets.org/pres16/c...s?id=N00023864
Wallstreet/investment firms,lots of real estimate firms (I suspect linked to his own stuff), and a Coal mining firm.

The great thing about modern times is data can be checked. There is a lot of information out there if you look for it. Unfortunately it seldom matches whats spread around either on the social media or in catchy headlines. The real world is more complex.

Last edited by Darkflame; 2016-11-16 at 14:23.

Tags
can't stump the trump