Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Modifications > LBA Prequel
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LBA Prequel The goal of this project is to make a prequel of LBA1 using the original engine. (homepage)

Old 2007-09-02, 16:47
Hello

Demo Questions (Interview Thread Offtopic)

Ok, when will we get a demo?
#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int main()
{
  cout<<"Regards,\nDino-Fly\n";
 cin.get();
}
Old 2007-09-03, 05:58
..whatever..

Send a message via AIM to Drummerbummer67
i'm actually wondering that too i check the prequel site like everyday just so i don't miss the demo when it first comes out. even if you can give us a general date then if it needs to be moved it gets moved no big deal..
thanks ahead of time.
Old 2007-09-03, 08:59
Master of Degree

Don't worry, it shouldn't come in the near three weeks at least

Okay, let's say 1st November 2007. There is a change that we manage to do it till that date. (Note that a month ago we planned the demo to be finished at the end of August, and we're not even in a half way ).
Old 2007-09-06, 23:34
..whatever..

thanks for replying i wanted to tell you that but i wanted to ask a question with the same post.... i notice that it seems like on the developers blog it seems to be updated every 5 days.. is that an intentional goal?
Old 2007-09-06, 23:40
Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerbummer67 View Post
thanks for replying i wanted to tell you that but i wanted to ask a question with the same post.... i notice that it seems like on the developers blog it seems to be updated every 5 days.. is that an intentional goal?
not really. but i'd like to think so. We just love to brag and whine all day long.
Old 2007-09-07, 14:56
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerbummer67 View Post
More like (for me anyways) I have classes + readings that take up much of my time, so usually every five days or so I have time to write for the blog.
Old 2007-09-08, 06:15
..whatever..

oh ok yeah i thought that might have been what it was and i notice it more with your own post.
Old 2007-10-05, 04:36
..whatever..

alright i've been waiting a while to see if someone else would post before me so i didn't have to double post..... my next question (so we can keep this forum alive) is when can we be able to see screen shots.. i'm constantly checking the prequel site and i see when you update and i like the info so far but when can we see an in game screen shot and maybe more charaters or items?
Old 2007-10-05, 13:27
Magic Ball Master

Well, if you check the blog, we've posted screens to go along with the character posts. But I wouldn't expect too many screenshots before the demo. We'd like to keep it a surprise.
Old 2007-10-06, 19:25
Hello

Is the demo coming on the 1st of November?
#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int main()
{
 cin.get();
}
Old 2007-10-07, 02:04
Magic Ball Master

As of right now, yes. We are all committed to that date, and are working towards finishing the demo.

We still need to tie up the level(s) that will appear, and finish up the character animations. The voice recording is pretty much done, and we know what music is in as well.
Old 2007-10-07, 18:59
Hello

How will the demo work?
I mean, will you only be allowed to be in your house(if there is) and when you leave it the game quits, so, how long will the demo be in a sense?
#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int main()
{
 cin.get();
}
Old 2007-10-08, 15:00
Magic Ball Master

The demo will consist of a few different things which we hope will be indicative of how the final game will operate.

Primarily, it will be to introduce you to the home island where Hegesippe lives, who he is, and what goes on there. You'll meet a variety of characters (though not as many as in the final build) to interact with, and there will be a couple of tasks/goals for the player to accomplish. In addition, I've specifically requested that we have a "training" ground for players to see the new character animations and get just fool around with training dummies and such.

Basically, we wanted to give you a look at an entire island. The demo will be quite open, unlike most, in that you won't be limited to just Hegesippe's house, or a couple of buildings. The entire island (or at least those parts accessible to Hegesippe in the beginning of the game) will be available for you to explore.

That being said - obviously there will be some differences from the demo version and the final build of the home island. Some buildings will be closed up or unavailable, largely to save time and get the demo out soon, but also because we don't want to reveal too much of the story. Some of these buildings and people are tied to side-quests as well.

If I were you, I'd look forward to a solid half-hour of exploring the island and its people. Hegesippe will have a couple of tasks for the player to complete (which you'll obtain through exploration), you'll be introduced to Hegesippe and the people of the home island, and the basic beginnings of the storyline for the Prequel.
Old 2007-10-08, 15:11
Boobs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-J View Post
I've specifically requested that we have a "training" ground for players to see the new character animations and get just fool around with training dummies and such.
Ah! So that's where that part fits in!
I was wondering what would happen.

With that being said, were the bits that you got ok? Or should I retry it?
Old 2007-10-08, 16:04
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SebZ View Post
Ah! So that's where that part fits in!
I was wondering what would happen.

With that being said, were the bits that you got ok? Or should I retry it?
The audio was fine! No worries there. Besides, I always thought you'd make a good dummy.

I'll give them another listen today, but from what I remember, they were great as-is.

As far as the demo, just keep on that thing I sent you the other day. We need that post haste.
Old 2007-10-08, 16:41
Magic Ball Master

Send a message via MSN to LBAWinOwns
I guess my voices sucked , anyway, from what you've said I'm really really excited now!

LBA Image Creator project
(image by leoboe! )

Get the Jump-Save-Bug graphically explained here
Old 2007-10-08, 19:21
Magic Ball Master

No, it's nothing like that. Its that we're only using certain characters in the demo deliberately - maybe 10-20 NPC's, and 5 main characters. So we don't need that many voice artists for the demo.
Old 2007-10-09, 01:31
..whatever..

so was there a large amount of voice auditions then?
Old 2007-10-10, 01:05
Magic Ball Master

We have gotten between 1-5 voice auditions every week since we put our site online way back when...
Old 2007-10-10, 02:54
..whatever..

that is a lot if you figure the time.. my next question is when the demo comes out how long after do you think it should be until the actual full game is done?
Old 2007-10-10, 10:37
Magic Ball Master

eep thats a good question. DJ?

Old 2007-10-10, 19:46
Magic Ball Master

Well, the demo gives us one full island (which will be partially restricted in the demo to preserve the storyline). 1 down, about 8+ to go?

At the very least, it will take us another few months to get the game done (and that is with luck, and everyone working), and that doesn't include intangibles like remastering the voice files, finishing movies, and packaging the game for release (not literally; we plan to have multiple versions to download, ranging from a barebones version which people on dial-up can get with ease, to a *complete* version that would fit on a CD-R/DVD, probably in .ISO form).

Realistically? I wouldn't expect the final game until maybe Q3 2008.
Old 2007-10-10, 23:36
..whatever..

well that isn't that bad... iso huh you should probably put a link to daemons tools so people that don't have virtual drives can get it.. if that happens to be an iso can you install a crack so it wouldn't be necessary to read it off a disk?
Old 2007-10-11, 00:14
Magic Ball Master

We haven't decided exactly which format we'll release in, so obviously this is all speculation.

That being said, the game will require you to have the LBA 1 disc. However you choose to obtain that is your own prerogative, but the Prequel Team will not condone or support the usage or production of any cracks or similar illegal software for the very same reasons this website does not allow links to such things.

The fact remains, however, that the LBA 1 disc will most likely be needed in order to play the game, unless we find out otherwise from Fred that we could make a standalone game with the LBA code. Until then, we will not (intentionally) do anything illegal.
Old 2007-10-11, 00:43
..whatever..

yeah i have the lba1 disk and it works fine but why is that needed? is the game formated off the disk or is it like an unlock thing?? (Confused..)