Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Modifications > LBA Prequel
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LBA Prequel The goal of this project is to make a prequel of LBA1 using the original engine. (homepage)

Old 2010-11-17, 19:25
Magic Ball Master

Twinsen Hello from Lewi-G

Hey everyone,

Long time no speak! I have been logging in occasionally over the past few years to see if the Prequel project was ready for the 3D cutscenes but I have a horrible feeling the project has reached conclusion?

Such a shame guys. There was so much tallent here that we really could have made something special.

I'm currently working in film for a UK company called Double Negative working in their 3D creature FX department. We are working alongside Pixar on a film called John Carter of Mars. John Carter of Mars is a film based on the 1912 book "A Princess Of Mars" written by Edgar Rice Burroughs. This film is also the first Pixar film to be live action.

After 7 years of hard work and lots of late nights I am finally enjoying my career and (fingers crossed) I should be proposing to my long term girlfriend next year.

Anyways enough about me. I just wanted to see how you all are doing and if there was any life left in the old project?

My 3D skills have developed a lot since you last saw them and perhaps we can still do something.

Keep in touch

Lewi-G

Ps. Have any of you played sonic 4? I was disappointed until I found this fan made game which blew it out of the water!

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHKD14XfOe8

If other fans can create games that beat the professionals surely we can do LBA Prequel!

Old 2010-11-17, 19:37
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Thanks for dropping a line; I've been looking forward to Pixars John-Carter adaption, so its uber-cool your working on it!

Sadly I havn't had time to keep upto date with my 3D skills. I love modeling and animation, but I just lack the time and most of my work is more boring. Last thing I did was some simple cartoonish renders for a online game my company made. No where near as impressive :P

--

As for Sonic4, havn't played it...Sonic Colours actually looks more interesting. (2D, but more "new"...Sonic4 seems a little too nostalgic based).
Fan games are always impressive too. While not as high-tech there was a Sonic flash game awhile ago supprisingly good. (akin to the Sonic Rush games, but not as slick to controll).

As for making a new LBA game, we already are. LBANet is really impressive and so is the LBA Scripping;http://forum.magicball.net/showthrea...=14309&page=51
Nothing is polished as such, but the code/engine/scripting stuff we now have gives us amazing power. You want to make an LBA(1) style interactive map? You can! You want to contribute a new world to a LBA MMO? You can!
You might find your 3d skills welcome for those projects if you have the time and see what they need.
Old 2010-11-17, 20:01
Magic Ball Master

Wow! Looks good! I'll post in that link now

Old 2010-11-17, 21:10
Magic Ball Master

Woot! Lewi-G! What's up man? Glad to see you here.

As for Sonic 4, his running is absolutely retarded. Everything else about it is good though. However, I (tried) couldn't get past how long it takes to build up speed.
Old 2010-11-17, 21:19
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Well, hopefully they can adjust it for the next episode. (one good thing with episodic release's, they can fix stuff people hate).

Anyway, Lewi-G, just looked at your showreal...wow! Impressive stuff. A shame the resolution seems a little low/interlaced with some of it (channel4's logo, for example). Fantastic work overall though.
Old 2010-11-18, 06:13

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewi-G View Post
If other fans can create games that beat the professionals surely we can do LBA Prequel!
We need a team for that. Would you be interested in joining us an Environment artist while you work fulltime on a full length feature film?

I can't congratulate you enough on your success! Btw, check out your imdb website. I posted there a while back. And what I said came true. So there you have it
Old 2010-11-20, 20:29
Master of Degree

Welcome back, and congratulations for the success!

I'm not sure if I understood you correctly. You still want to work on the Prequel while having full-time job and private life? If so that's great! We need some 3D work, take a look at the team forum .
Old 2010-11-22, 11:40
Magic Ball Master

Hi everyone Actually I am confused too lol!
So many different projects wanting 3d I don't know where to go!
Basically if anyone sends me an image of a model, prop, scenery that needs doing I can try and get it done in my spare time

My work and personal life means I don't have much time to look through the forums to see what needs doing and see whos doing it so if you need something doing pm me and send me a link/post a pic and I can get on it

Darkflame: Yeah... sadly some of the projects were in PAL and others were HD. I just wanted to add the vids even though they would be a little blurry

Zinc: Thanks mate

Double-J: Tell me about it! Thats why I am excited about sonic fan remix! Much better!

Lightwing: Thanks mate I can't see where you posted on IMDB. Can you show me where/what did you say? As I said I am happy to help out but will need to kind of be spoon fed on what needs doing. If you send me images etc I can give it a shot!

LG

Old 2010-11-23, 04:33

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2339272/board/threads/

Old 2010-11-23, 11:09
Magic Ball Master

Lol! Thanks mate Sorry I didn't reply... Didn't actually know that was there on IMDB

Old 2010-11-24, 10:40
Look beyond reality.

Very nice to see you return, Lewi
Old 2010-11-24, 11:59
Magic Ball Master

Thanks Its good to be back

Old 2010-11-24, 12:26
Magic Ball Master

Zinc: Thanks mate You are correct If I can fit it in I will Just so happens my girlfriend played LBA too when she was younger so she would be happy to see me create something
All I need it a picture and be told what to do and I can do it.

Old 2010-11-25, 10:16

Er actually, Zink needs a tower. I told him I'd do it but I'm way out of time. Check it out at the sub-forum when you get the chance.

Nice to have you back Lewi-G!
Old 2010-12-24, 00:50
The return of

Hah, John Carter you say One of my friends is working on the main effect over at Cini. That movie must be fucking epic, its employing half of santa monica, vancouver, and london VFX studios.

Congrats! I think ill be bumping into you at some point post-August (currently studying for an MSc in computer vfx, worked in games/commercials as a VFX artist/3D Generalist prior to that, planning a move to film fx/lighting&rendering/R&D).

Sorry if im getting off track here, VFX is a far bigger part of my life than LBA atm (untill LBA3 comes out, at which point my career can go fook itself for the week or two it takes to complete).

Lewi-G, do you have a showreel we can peek at? Where you at the Sidefx Houdini 11 launch?
Old 2011-06-24, 12:28
Magic Ball Master

Woops! Sorry Axx

Didn't see your message. Talk about reviving an old thread!

Wasn't at the Sidefx Houdini 11 launch sadly. Where are you working now? Lol perhaps we can do lunch?

Old 2011-06-28, 00:02
Magic Ball Master

wb

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.
[Discuss]|[Download]|[Changes]|[SourceCode]|[Issues]

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2011-07-10, 03:15
The return of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewi-G View Post
Woops! Sorry Axx

Didn't see your message. Talk about reviving an old thread!

Wasn't at the Sidefx Houdini 11 launch sadly. Where are you working now? Lol perhaps we can do lunch?
I'll send a PM, easies to keep track that way (missed your message too, and tbh I rarely come here anymore!)