Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > LBA promotion forum
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LBA promotion forum A forum to discuss, organise and create methods to promote the LBA games, as well as other works by their creators.

Old 2011-10-30, 00:48
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
"Buy if you like it" scheme idea...

I had an idea for a scheme to run via social networks.
I was going to do it myself anyway, but maybe others might want to try something similar.

As the game is relatively cheap on Gog, I was going to offer to buy it for upto 5 people on G+,Facebook etc....on the condition that if they like it, they buy someone else a copy with the same conditions.

Hopefully producing a "cascade" effect.
Obviously it depends on trust, so its good for friends and friends of friends rather then promoting to strangers. And the people wanting to get it should be honest that they have time to give it a good go....but I think it could work.

What do you think?
Not sure if to try it with LBA1 or 2, however.
Old 2011-11-01, 08:12
Lemonhead

Sounds like a good way to lose a lot of money fast. The general populace both can't be trusted and would probably be put off by the game's age, but it might just work within the GOG community. If you go ahead with it, LBA2 would be my choice, as it's more 'accessible' to a newbie and you can start exploring straight away.
The creatures arranged in a line and started to rape Twinsen in his anus, one by one.
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ras maxim View Post
P.S. Forgot to mention that Twinsen's remains were fed to dogs.
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ras maxim View Post
O.K., let's change the execution part. Maybe he was just beaten to death with clubs???
Old 2011-11-01, 10:30
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Well, hence social networks rather then random strangers.

Allthough I would argue the HumbleBundle.com schemes show the general good will of man. (good grief theres another one on right now...).
Old 2011-11-01, 13:06
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Send a message via MSN to Streg
Doesn't look like a good idea at all ... I wouldn't trust anyone that much. People like us would certanley pay. Most of us only bought Lba1 and 2 again only to support the developers, but someone else would just say yes and play the game for free
Old 2011-11-01, 14:14
Classic

Really? Your friends must suck. :P

Also, again, I refer to the Humble Bundles. People could buy the games for 1cent if they wanted, but the average is $3-6 dollers. (Linux users paying double what other people do :P)
People are more deserving of trust then most people think.
Old 2011-11-01, 14:23
Magic Level: Fire Ball

Here in Hungary, most people do not pay for software, let alone games which are more than 15 years old...