Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Modifications > LBA Modifications - General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 2006-11-03, 21:30
Do the evolution.

I found two errors in here.
#1, when I enter for instance 8 in any field, it instantly jumps to 80, so when I'm trying to wrtie a colour 82 I've got to hit 8 + backspace + 2 wich is really annoying when I'm doing a lot of colours, and when doing a lot of colours it makes it unnecesserily tedious.

#2 I wrote the number 2000 by mistake in the polygon selection field and it crashed on me displaying an endless amount of windows - tried to recreate it but it only gives a single worning about some acces violation and keeps working.

Suggestions:

#1 The ability to click directly on the polygons with the mouse and to group them with the shift key. Same for vertices and lines.

Questions:

#1 Is it possible to add new polygons? New vertices? Or can it be now used only for changeing the colour schemes?

#2 Will there be any export/import options to 3ds in the future?
Old 2006-11-04, 00:38
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasiek View Post
I found two errors in here.
#1, when I enter for instance 8 in any field, it instantly jumps to 80, so when I'm trying to wrtie a colour 82 I've got to hit 8 + backspace + 2 wich is really annoying when I'm doing a lot of colours, and when doing a lot of colours it makes it unnecesserily tedious.

#2 I wrote the number 2000 by mistake in the polygon selection field and it crashed on me displaying an endless amount of windows - tried to recreate it but it only gives a single worning about some acces violation and keeps working.
It is a command error in my programs due to a Borland component I use
It doesn't handle well, editing manual the values in the edit field.
Anyway, I already disable this option, I'll upload a version without no manual changes. I need to find a better component do use instead.

Quote:
Suggestions:

#1 The ability to click directly on the polygons with the mouse and to group them with the shift key. Same for vertices and lines.
Yeah, its something I really wanted to do in the first release, but its something difficult to do with OpenGL, and I need to spend some time studying it and doing it.
Its on my TODO list

Quote:
Questions:

#1 Is it possible to add new polygons? New vertices? Or can it be now used only for changeing the colour schemes?

#2 Will there be any export/import options to 3ds in the future?
#1:
For now, its only able to change what we have in each model. You can change vertices's positions only, no more vertices can be added.
Its something I need to do in the next releases. I didn't make such feature because polygons use shades and I don't wanna touch that thing , its a bit obscure to me.

#2:
The converter idea was before thinking about make such tool, and was with the intension of using it in the new LBA modification projects. I decide going with this tool because the export and import thing would never be 100% compatible with our current 3D formats/IDE's and will be too damn difficult to make it work in the game.
For now, only dxf export option will be available, other priority things in this program are above this.

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.
[Discuss]|[Download]|[Changes]|[SourceCode]|[Issues]

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2006-11-04, 02:04
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBrasilo View Post
- alexfont: Actually, the program doesn't show the selected polygons in any of the Rabbibunny models, and I tried the fisherman, the rebel, and the normal Rabbibunny as well.
OK, I found what I did wrong and fixed it. It will be fixed in the next release

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.

Old 2006-11-04, 03:18
Magic Ball Master

New program version available on The Sacred Carrot website.

Last edited by xesf; 2008-03-10 at 20:09. Reason: Fixed link
Old 2006-11-04, 12:03
Boobs!

Arg! It'm going to throw something at my PC in a minute!
What algorithm have you set up for your comments page, alex?
I'm trying to post a comment but it keeps comming up with "Error: Keep the page clean by not spamming"
It's driving me up the wall!

What I was going to say was:
"Very nice program, that is, if you rin it through Wine.
Any thoughts for a port to Linux?"
Old 2006-11-04, 13:03
Do the evolution.

Thanks Alex, but, I kinda liked it better when I could, altough with trouble, but nevertheless could write it in manually, doing it by mouse takes too long.

Oh, and I think I actually have a one more request, a list of all the polygons with a small icon of the colour that they have, with the possibility to select and group them with the shift key - or at least just the list, it would make the whole process A LOT faster .

A bit like this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	qew.jpg‎
Views:	185
Size:	213.8 KB
ID:	6285  

Last edited by Jasiek; 2006-11-04 at 18:14.
Old 2006-11-04, 20:42
Do the evolution.

Or hmmm, actually there's an inconsistency in the picture - the old color field . But a list like that with the ability to group the polygons via the shift key, and then recolor them, would be very cool, couse if we can't, at least for now select the polygons directly on the model ,we could at least see all of them, group them and changhe their colours faster and in greater numbers.
Old 2006-11-04, 21:59
Magic Ball Master

That will be a bit weird, since each model have lots of polygons and the list will be huge. Anyway, its a nice feature to add and will be a bit better instead of changing only all the same colors. But still, will be difficult to know each polygon to select, and we must first need to know well each polygon we want.

About the edit fields, I'll stick with not manual edition, but will put a track bar to get fast the value we want.

By the way, you're still using the old version

Old 2006-11-04, 22:29
Do the evolution.

Hmmm, if the polygons that you select will light up on the model like they do now, but group when you hold shift, it should be easier then scrolling through individual polygons and changing their colours separately, if in addition to that the colour will be shown, selecting of the polygons would be faster then button scrolling through all the available polygons, plus there could be some way of sorting them like "sort by color" option.

Now I'm just mindstorming here, but if the list would be a tree, with an option to create groups and "drag and drop" polygons to groups wich would be saved in a separate file, like we have a "Twinsen.model" file and "TwinsenGroups.info" file. With a system like this someone could even take on a task of grouping all the polygons of the models, for future/existing projects to have it easier with model remaking. That might also come handy when more options will be available.

Oh, I already have that newer version .
Old 2006-11-04, 22:52
Magic Ball Master

Don't know if I could make that color tree, but I'll see what I can do in this matter

Uploaded a new version with the Check version page and Tool tip text fixed. No version changed.

Old 2006-11-09, 18:06
PONY! err, I mean RABBIT!

Yeah, really nice tool!

Name:	twisnenfly.gif
Views:	364
Size:	129.6 KB
ID:	6296

Wheee! Twinsen is flying

Yeah, it's cool but it takes too much time! Can you use a click'n move system? I mean, you click on a parts of the character and you move it with the mouse. Or something like that.

/mode french on (je me demande si je suis assez clair) /mode fench off
Old 2006-11-09, 18:13
weee

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerenwe View Post
Yeah, really nice tool!

Attachment 6296

Wheee! Twinsen is flying

Yeah, it's cool but it takes too much time! Can you use a click'n move system? I mean, you click on a parts of the character and you move it with the mouse. Or something like that.

/mode french on (je me demande si je suis assez clair) /mode fench off
Cool!
Old 2006-11-09, 18:17
the hobbits to Otringal

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerenwe View Post
Wheee! Twinsen is flying

Never seen anything like it.

http://forum.magicball.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2558&dateline=1285864225
Old 2006-11-09, 18:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post

Never seen anything like it.
It's very buggy, I turned the arm and the legs to 180° sometimes! So the animation is very strange. But he fly... Or he swims in the air!
Old 2006-11-09, 19:11
Magic Ball Master

Cool.

It looks like swimming. But I guess, when you were suddenly able to fly, you would do the same wierd things
Old 2006-11-09, 21:21
weee

"I Can Fly!" ~Peter
Old 2006-11-09, 22:27
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
- lerenwe: Check your PM's.
Old 2006-11-09, 22:52
Magic Ball Master

That's really nice lerenwe. Nice one

Old 2006-11-10, 19:17

You liked he... And HE come back!

Here is... Flying twinsen V.2!

Name:	Flying_improved.gif
Views:	195
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	6298

In game

Name:	Flying_improvedLBAnimator.gif
Views:	193
Size:	249.9 KB
ID:	6299

And on the LBAnimator

And if you want him in action, here is the *.anm

Flyingtwinsen.zip

Enjoy!

BTW, alex, can you make my suggestion for LBAnimator?
Old 2006-11-10, 19:33
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerenwe
Sorry, I missed this!

Possible it is but very difficult and tricky to do. I'm still new to OpenGL and I already have some examples to do such thing but I'll need to make some changes the way I did the things and I simply don't have the time now to study this and try to make it. I still have a thing to do with LBA Story Coder and I also didn't make it in the past days. So as soon as I get the time to finished what I need to do in LBA Story Coder, I'll look into it.

Oh and btw, very good stuff

Old 2006-11-10, 23:52
Do the evolution.

So how do I save anything with it? When I saved a remade Zoe model all the original animations got lost... and it kinda made me angry...
Anyways, when I load .anm files the button "animate" does not work, and the right hand turns out black...

Oh, and when I save it as Animation, there was only a single one animation in it, sooooo does it save all the animations in different files??
That's kinda, strange... can't it use a unifed format? One file, for the whole model + animations? Or am I missing somehting here...

Last edited by Jasiek; 2006-11-10 at 23:58.
Old 2006-11-11, 00:32
Magic Ball Master

Hey Jasiek,

I think you're missing something or I didn't understand your problem.
In LBA, you have two different kind of files, the ones inside BODY.HQR (have all bodies inside) and ANIM.HQR (have all animations inside).
LBAnimator Studio only load single files, I mean *.lb1 and *.anm, and some especially HQR files (can't saved back to it):
- *.lb1 files only have a 3D model inside.
- *.anm have only an animation (all keyframes) that will work correctly with a specific model, the one you did the animations.
So we can't use a unified format since I'm doing exactly the way the game use.

Other thing is that you can only open animations, if a model was already opened before.

Quote:
Anyways, when I load .anm files the button "animate" does not work, and the right hand turns out black...
How exactly are you doing it? Can you describe it for me?
I've already test lots of things with this button, but I could miss something.

So, don't forget we have here 2 different things models+animations and the program just simplify the things by opening the FILE3D.HQR which have informations about each animation applies to each model and some other things.

Old 2006-11-11, 00:43
Do the evolution.

Hmmm, but when I save a model it only saves a single animation the model is currently in, not all the animations of the model(The anim field is grey). And when I click on the aniamte button it does not play the animation.

And I opened the anm files by clicking file, load files, and opening the anm file from there (there's no such format to choose from so I wrote it manually).
Old 2006-11-11, 00:50
Magic Ball Master

You're working under 3 different files, FILE3D.HQR, BODY.HQR and ANIM.HQR, which the program load all them and you can't see what it gets from them.

You can only save the animation you currently seeing or modifying. As I said, it only save a single file *.anm that you must put inside ANIM.HQR in the right position the way you could see it in the game.

I would suggest you to use LBA Package Editor and extract the model and animation you want from BODY.HQR and ANIM.HQR and than you open the model + animation (you can drag both in the program).

Yep, check it now, I forgot to give access to *.anm extensions in the Load menu option but its compatible anyway. It will be fixed in the next version.

Old 2006-11-13, 12:44
Magic Ball Master

So Jasiek, did you understand what I said? Can you understand better the program now?

Tags
lba model editor, lbanimator studio