Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Modifications > LBA Modifications - General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 2004-12-31, 20:23
Magic Ball Master

Ok. Anyway I'll use for binary files *.lsc since is the one supported for LBAPackageEd. I'm thinking making another diferent extension because some comments that people could do in the script in the nexts versions, but I need to think better. I also want to add hightligh thing for actor script.

Another release with some fixes.

Changes:
[#] v0.03 (31.12.2004):

- [Fixed] Incorrectly actor position disaplay
- [Fixed] Incorrectly talk color saved.

- [Enabled] Button to close the current file.

Download: LBA Scene Editor v0.02 [1,29 MB]

Only move script have some help in the program. As soon as I can I'll make the documentation.

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.
[Discuss]|[Download]|[Changes]|[SourceCode]|[Issues]

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2004-12-31, 20:24
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
- alexfont: Mind releasing your program in OpenSource?
Old 2004-12-31, 20:32
Magic Ball Master

I'm not releasing because the code are totaly desorganized and have lots of things commented. Anyway check your email

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.

Old 2004-12-31, 20:36
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexfont
I'm not releasing because the code are totaly desorganized and have lots of things commented. Anyway check your email
I did. Thanks.
BTW: You should see my WinHQR source code. A total mess. And the variables, some have Portuguese names, some Slovenian, some English, etc. LOL. This is why I started my new project: LBA Explorer. To replace that messy WinHQR. I can send you the screenshots of the (unfinished) first version, if you're interested. Are you?
Old 2004-12-31, 20:41
Magic Ball Master

Sure. Send it to my email...

Warning:
This is able for Scene Manage too.

All scenes have an hidden Meca Pinguin actor that will be "created" in game. This Meca Pinguins have the following script:
Code:
COMPORTEMENT 0
  INIT_PINGOUIN 22
  SET_COMPORTEMENT 1
END_COMPORTEMENT
The INIT_PINGOUIN 22 will create the Meca Pinguin where 22 is the number of the actor in the current scene. So if you delete something after this actor please check if the life script is correct. This could crash the game...

Last edited by xesf; 2004-12-31 at 20:51.
Old 2004-12-31, 21:00
Welcome to Zirla!

- alexfont: Thanks for this information. I'll put it my LBA Scene Manager. Also, I'll try to figure out if it's the same for LBA 2 too.

Edit: In LBA 2, the meca penguin is the first actor in every scene. But it has Life Script only character 00.

Last edited by Battler; 2004-12-31 at 21:04. Reason: Updated the status...
Old 2004-12-31, 21:17
Magic Ball Master

Better, that way people don't need to be worry about it.

Old 2004-12-31, 21:30
Welcome to Zirla!

- alexfont: I know, why. It's because in LBA 1, you only can one penguin at a time in the inventory. In LBA 2, you can have up to 14 of them (actually, 10 is the maximum, but if you have 9 penguins, and press ESC, and type pingouin, you'll get another 5 penguins).
Old 2005-06-24, 15:03
Magic Ball Master

Lets revive it a bit.
Just to say that this program will change his name in the next version
Don't know if tell already or wait till the next release (not soon)...

Old 2005-08-23, 17:00
Magic Ball Master

Okay, the 2nd revision of the LBA Scene Format (*.ls1 and *.sce) is finished and include descriptions for all script comands. I'm thinkin' yet if I release now or only when I release I new version of this program, LBA Story Coder.

Old 2005-08-24, 22:07
View paradise and fall...

How long will it be until you get the Story Coder finished?

So what if I have to have control over every situation? It's only because you would screw it up.
Two carefully balenced hypocrits could make a perfect world. All I need is another hypocrit now...
Old 2005-08-25, 06:20
Magic Ball Master

Really don't know sorry. I thought I will be able to do this summer before the school start but I don't know if I can put a great release before that. Anyway I hope I had this working when we start coding the prequel.
The new version have the new interface done, only some new Scene code need to be rewrite and done and also finished like opening some missing scene contents since I start this new one from the beginning.

About the format, I talk to OBras and he ask me to release it because he will use in his Scene Manager, so I attached the scene file format (revision 2).

Zink, can you please update you site with this new revision? Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: txt LBA Scene Format.txt‎ (70.5 KB, 261 views)

Old 2005-09-16, 23:37
Magic Ball Master

Good news!

I days ago I start working again with scenes in binary mode to get compatible with the original LBA scene files and to have compatible with the LBA Package Editor scene file extension (*.ls1).

I now manage to decompile correctly all actor script code and really faster . In less then a second we could open and decompile all actor scripts, and also the scene definitions. Next step, compilation!

The aplication aren't yet build, some things are missing like the Zone tab and others things I wanna add to this version to help alot with our new project LBA Prequel and of course for all LBA modifications.

As soon as I have more news about it I'll post

For curiosity, check the shots I made with the decompilation of a binary file (Citadel Island - Prison.ls1)

(With offset debug)

(complete to code)

Old 2005-09-17, 05:16
Magic Ball Master

Ok guys, more news and sorry about all this posts.

I now manage to get highlight the syntax for life and track script. Here's the results:

I hope you like it

Last edited by xesf; 2005-09-17 at 05:23. Reason: Mistaken in the image
Old 2005-09-17, 05:18
weee

It looks pretty awesome Alex!
Old 2005-09-17, 05:27
Magic Ball Master

Thanks . Any suggestion is welcome.

Using the highlight its a bit slow with some actor scripts, the long ones. I think with a better computer than the one I use (PIII500) this won't be so dramatic. Anyway I will put options to enable and disable the syntax highlight.

Old 2005-09-17, 11:04
Master of Degree

Looks pretty good, great work.

Maybe you could speed it up by highlighting the code "on-the-fly", I mean: only the part that is visible at the moment.

I am also curious what is this IF CHAPTER < 3 else goto 88. Shouldn't it be then instead of else? Otherwise it would be equal to IF CHAPTER >= 3 then goto 88.

All LBA technical information goes in here -> LBA File Information Project

LBA Prequel Demo has been released! See our blog
Old 2005-09-17, 15:02
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Maybe you could speed it up by highlighting the code "on-the-fly", I mean: only the part that is visible at the moment.
I only can with the component I'm using, highlight all script or only the parts changed. I'll try to see if its possible to make my own syntax highlighing.

Quote:
I am also curious what is this IF CHAPTER < 3 else goto 88. Shouldn't it be then instead of else? Otherwise it would be equal to IF CHAPTER >= 3 then goto 88.
This is a debug thing to understand how the script work in binary. That else goto 88 is just an apart information to know which offset the game engine will jump to and to see if my code was putting the ENDIF in the right place.
To code our scripts we don't need that information. This will be something I need to redo when compiling the script.

Old 2005-09-28, 23:31
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
This is really impressive.. O_o
To have the game code like that is just awsume!
Old 2006-01-29, 17:00
Magic Ball Master

Just to say that I restart working on it again and to say the project isn't dead.
I hope to release a version as perfect and soon as possible.
Don't know if I'll release this version also with save binary scripts but people could start doing things and test with TwinEngine.

Old 2006-01-29, 17:44
weee

That's cool, thumbs up Lex!
Old 2006-02-05, 10:21
Magic Ball Master

I mannage to read some of the LBA2 scenes (*.ls2) and this is the result:

Old 2006-02-05, 13:31
weee

Hey that's awesomely cool Alex!! Thanks for your magnificently useful work!
Old 2006-02-05, 14:12
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Send a message via MSN to Streg
Oh my! That looks great
Old 2006-02-05, 17:28
Magic Ball Master

This compatible with LBA2 scenes will be in the next version only experimental, since alot of work todo its needed. Need to decode all LBA2 scripts (Only the Move Script its almost identical with new macros), need to guess the new type of Zones (it almost trippled), some other unknown data it have at the end and figure out some other inconcistencies in the format.

I'll give news on that, anyway the priority now will be finished all program to be 100% compatible with LBA1. I hope to release a version this month.