Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > LBA promotion forum
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LBA promotion forum A forum to discuss, organise and create methods to promote the LBA games, as well as other works by their creators.

Old 2014-04-01, 22:06
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Exclamation Mobile LBA promotion progress/organising

I think we should start trying to get the new release promoted on as many sites as possible.

Either email a site below, or suggest another site.
Lets get cracking.

I'll edit this post to keep track of what ones are done
===

THE LIST;

GAMEING NEWS WEBSITES:

(we should inform these websites LBA is for sale on Mobile platforms now)

Joystiq - [marcosmapf sent one]
Rockpapershotgun.com [not done]
Kotaku - [not done]
Power Unlimited - [not done]
IGN - [not done
Kotaku - [not done]
PCGamer - [not done]
http://www.rautemusik.fm/ - [not done]
EDGE - [not done]
JeuxVideo - [not done]
igromania.ru-[not done]
AG.ru -[not done]
cubed3.com - [Darkflame sent one]
adventuregamers.com - [not done]
http://tinycartridge.com/ask - [Darkflame sent one]

others? mobile sites?

Existing reviews and app stores

- ?
- we should rate it highly where-ever we find it! Lets get it in all the top lists!

Youtube and Video promotions:

Trailers for LBA1 (we have trailers from....nobody yet),
PMing existing LBA videos on youtube and asking them to premote Mobile release,(no links yet)

Other video sites: Blip.tv, Dailymotion (french, so a good target),

ART-Related Pr emotion:

ART related premotion handeled here.

Social stuff:

Finally, make sure you are all posting it on whatever social network systems you use! (Facebook, G+, Tumblr, Twitter etc)
Also, on any other forums your active on, you could put a link in your sig.

Old Gog promotion thread;
http://forum.magicball.net/showthread.php?t=16041

Ok;

Green = done. They have a artical/post about it.
Orange = At least one MBN member has sent a message, (preferably a few)
Red = No message sent yet just a suggestion to cover this media source.

Last edited by Darkflame; 2014-04-02 at 19:21.
Old 2014-04-01, 22:08
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Lets get everything green!
Old 2014-04-01, 23:38
Master of Science & Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkflame View Post
Lets get everything green!
ugh... you sound like my boss
Old 2014-04-02, 00:11
Magic Ball Master

So, I created a text and sent it to Joystiq. I know it could be improved a lot, and not everything is perfect, so feel free to change anything you'd like

Quote:
Remake for Android/iOS hits 1st on "Best new paid Games" on Google Play

The Android/iOS remake of the 1st installment of the famous 90's video game series "Little Big Adventure" hits hard the Google Play and App Store "Best New Paid Games" chart.

Although the fans have been dying of waiting for the third game of the series, they finnaly get some good news: the remake of the first game of the series has been released on the 26th of march for both iOS and Android. Having some big improvements from the original version, and a good support for the mobile devices, Relentless: Twinsen's Adventure's remake (now called by the series name, "Little Big Adventure") has been released by DotEmu and is making a huge sucess between the fans and other gamers.
The App quickly rose to the top sale charts, surpassing many other games and quickly reaching number one the "Best New Paid Games" category of Google Play on many countries, all the while still reaching higher and higher ranks on the overall game chart.

The story revolves around a world called Twinsun, which is held in a suspended orbit between two suns, resulting in a polar region around its equator. Twinsun happened to have the have the correct conditions for four intelligent races to emerge: the Quetches, the Rabbibunnies, the Grobos and the Spheros. After a series of events, the world becomes dominated by a tirant called Dr. FunFrock, who subdues the planet using two technologies developed by him: the cloning and the teleportation.
The protagonist of the game is a Quetch called Twinsen, who have been locked in a asylum due to having strange prophetic dreams about the end of the world.

The news can improve even more: It has already been stated by the producers of the game that, if the remake makes enough sucess, the 3rd installment of the series may no longer be a dream. This may be the first good news in a good while for those nostalgic players, but it will most likely not be the last. So why don't you rush to the app store and check out this title?
EDIT: Please remember my english is not perfect :3
EDIT2: I can also send it to the other websites if you guys enjoy the text
Old 2014-04-02, 03:17
Classic

Seems to cover everything...a bit press-releasy maybe. (but then, if their lazy they will just more or less publish that )

I'll note that you sent one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmuerte View Post
ugh... you sound like my boss
Sorry. [/says the self-employed arsehole]

Last edited by Darkflame; 2014-04-02 at 03:23.
Old 2014-04-02, 05:00
Magic Ball Master

It was meant to be "press-releasy", so that they would know we are realy into this, and not only giving them ideas
Old 2014-04-02, 13:36
Classic

No, thats absolutely fine

Anyway, I just sent one of to www.cubed3.com, focusing on why it might appeal to Nintendo fans. (similarities with zelda etc)
I also sent one to http://tinycartridge.com/ask

Last edited by Darkflame; 2014-04-02 at 19:21.
Old 2014-04-03, 19:11
Previously Link

Maybe we should wait for the update? I think bad timing could be harmful.
Old 2014-04-03, 19:24
Classic

That's a fair point, yes.
There's not many reviews yet anyway though...I only found 4 or so, and they are around the 3.5 / 5 mark.

Pathfinding is a criticism they might be able to fix (even a little bit would help I think), but there's some stupid criticisms as well. "too hard to know what to do" or "I dont get the save system" style stuff

The reviews at the moment also seem very rushed though, I dont think any sites given it a proper play though.
Old 2014-04-04, 07:21
The return of

Hmm I only just saw this...

Its good there are no reviews for the moment. I think its really best to wait till they fix the controls. The saying no press is bad press does not apply here. And its probably best to rush all the websites and magazines in a fairly unified timeframe. This may give some enthusiasts the impression that its a big deal if several sites are actively covering the same story at the same time.

My own suggestion is that we agree on things together for the next two or so weeks then act. Could get messy and very unprofessional otherwise.
Old 2014-04-04, 07:23
The return of

Ah crap, sorry I missed Lupins post, beat me to it already.
Typing and browsing the forum on the phone sucks...

And on that note, how difficult would it be to make the MBN mobile friendly. No urgency, just wondering!
Old 2014-04-04, 10:09
Previously Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axx View Post
And on that note, how difficult would it be to make the MBN mobile friendly. No urgency, just wondering!
Did you try to run it via tapatalk?
Old 2014-04-05, 22:26
The return of

Nope, will check that out actually. Was just hoping for a native conversion without the aid of an additional app
Old 2014-06-04, 08:04
Magic Level: Red Ball

Could we do a banner for iOS and Android LBA version and placed it @ top of MBN? (like GOG banner)?
Old 2014-07-25, 16:37
Polish Pride

I think for starters we should be making a big deal of the portable releases, at least on this site to spark interest from the members again. When I had a look earlier on this year it was so quiet I actually thought it hadn't been released yet until after my third or fourth visit.

There's been a lot of activity amongst many different people on these forums since it was made over a decade ago and if we could catch the attention of everyone, at least make them aware it's back on again then that'll be a good start.

The more people involved the faster word spreads, as people will know other enthusiasts, friends, fellow gamers, other forums etc that I'm sure will become curious upon the discovery of this project. Not to mention people will have gotten jobs since leaving these forums, those in the IT industry in particular would surely be able to spread the word into the right circles and get the enthusiasm in the right direction.

I imagine that Fred will have some promotional ideas in mind that he'll be implementing independently of these forums, the more awareness that gets spread now the more effective said promotions will be. Particularly if the company he plans to make this game with gains some reputation, I think that would go a long way to getting this off the ground sooner rather than later.

At this stage, the majority of the publicity will be gained through the games he makes between now and LBA 3. The more awareness we can get him in the meantime, the less games he'll need to make before his team can get started on LBA 3.

If anybody has any good ideas to more efficiently do the above, feel free to do it or suggest to anybody who would like to chip in. Ideally this could lead to a more natural promotion of the games as opposed to shameless promotions being shoved down other forum users' throats.
not knowing when to laugh or cry,
Break the surface,
and tell me what you really see,
When did we stop believing?
When did we say goodbye?