Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > Fan Creations > Fan Games
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Fan Games A forum for discussion of any demos and fan games being made. Not for discussion of Modifications.

Old 2007-12-31, 14:24
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Send a message via Yahoo to haniaj
no notyet but i will try something new i want to install win95 on my psp so the no-cd patch will work(i guess)
alexfont can you tell me how the imgmount work in dosbox?which format do i need?iso?
Old 2007-12-31, 14:56
Magic Ball Master

I use an Clone CD image (*.img), but try with ISO indeed, maybe they could be handle differently.

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.
[Discuss]|[Download]|[Changes]|[SourceCode]|[Issues]

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2007-12-31, 18:37

thank you for help in dosbox i only had one problem how could i enter number
like i want type 0 but when i use the key it showed the 'p'letter
can you tell me how should i type number in dosbox?please
Old 2007-12-31, 19:18
Magic Ball Master

The commands I want to execute in dosbox I don't type directly in the PSP, but instead, I make them run automatically in the configuration file.

I have something like:

[autoexec]
# Lines in this section will be run at startup.

@ECHO OFF
INPUTMAP up up
INPUTMAP right right
INPUTMAP down down
INPUTMAP left left
INPUTMAP cross lctrl
INPUTMAP square s
INPUTMAP triangle l
INPUTMAP circle g
INPUTMAP start enter
INPUTMAP select esc
mount c ms0:/dosbox
SYSOPT clock 333
c:
imgmount d c:\twinsen.img -t iso
c:
cd\twinsen
INPUTMAP exec twin

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.

Old 2008-01-01, 14:13

lba2

i could define cd-rom in dosbox with this command
first i copy my lba cd in the root of my psp in lba2 folder and then type this command:
mount d ms0:/lba2 -t cdrom -label LBA2 -ioctl -usecd 0
but when i run the game it request lba2 cd again maybe lba2 isn't adjusted with this dosbox version
i red somewhere the best dosbox for running lba2 is dosbox 0.63 do you know guys where i can find it?

Old 2008-01-01, 16:51
Magic Ball Master

Already though about that but it didn't work for me, but still, I need to try better.

I think there isn't a best version of DOSBox to play LBA games, it is a matter of Hardware you have in your machine. For example, I never get LBA working great with the previous version and this last one, is the only I can play without problems, with a default configuration and no need to change cpu cycles

Anyway, try dosbox website, they could have there some old versions.

Old 2008-01-01, 19:47

i just did nothing changed with another version still you can see that lba 2 cd requ....
i install the win 95 on my psp and let me tell you forget about to run lba on that the time i waited for booting win 95 was 12 min can belive that and after 5 min working with that my psp was crash don't try it the dosbox is much better
Old 2008-01-01, 20:16
Father of Shoda

couldn't you install win 3.x or something instead?

Listen to my band's EP on one of the following links!

Check it out:
https://soundcloud.com/inglorious-da...orious-days-ep
http://ingloriousdays.bandcamp.com/
http://open.spotify.com/album/3C1idn10yT06VK0qPiusku
Old 2008-01-01, 22:02

yes you could install win 3.1 easily with dosbox but for 95 you must use another tool
found out more about dosbox for installing win 3.x:
http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.p...949a9728#58156
can we run lba on win3.x!?
Old 2008-01-04, 22:11
RobG from different angle

So i take it the copying of the cd diddent work?
Thats how i initially somewhat got LBA1 running in dosbox ( crashed eventually, but it ran partially).
as in, copying the entire contents into a folder, then mounting that folder as a cdrom.
An idea if that still dosent work, you could try renaming the folder to fit with the game's name, as far as i recall my lba cd is called alkaine or something like that (its been ages since i've had it out, so dont hold me too much to it.) and refuses to find it unless its named that, could be the same with LBA2.

Edit: just thought i'd mention that this was quite a long time ago, i'd say at least 7 months since i last tried this, the dosbox on psp now should be much more compatible than the one i tried with.

Last edited by Martyvej; 2008-01-04 at 22:30.
Old 2008-01-04, 23:01
Magic Ball Master

I already test this before and didn't work, at least for me, dosbox doesn't allow me to mount a folder as CDRom, or I'm doing something wrong. The problem stills to pass the no cd check. Even with a cracked version it doesn't work lol. Maybe we need to make a psp exe cracked to make it work.

Old 2008-01-04, 23:18

:P well, i dont have LBA2 so i cant test with that, but i'll find the newest dosbox version for psp and try with lba1 if that works, 2 should as well (using the folder mounting).

On a sidenote ^^ check your pm Alex

hmm, couldent initially get it to find the cd either, so im trying some tricks :P its installing atm so will tell you the result soon.
Okay :P it took a bit longer than i had expected, and i did end up having to use a no-cd, but i've managed to get LBA1 running at least in dosbox, runs at a bit below normal framerate, but other than that it looks fine.

edit: will try some more things :P the nocd is..well nofun (excuse the phun) as it cuts away videos and such ^^ will see if i can get it running another way with the cd.

And got LBA1 running now, using imgmount :P with videos, music, sound whatever - and not using a nocd.
Talked with a buddy as well ^^ he'll bring over his copy of LBA2 so we can test it out :P but that wont be till sometime tomorrow so for now i'll have to settle with conquoring lba1 in dosbox.

Last edited by Martyvej; 2008-01-05 at 01:16.
Old 2008-01-05, 11:29

yea the cd directory mounted just as d: wont work, it needs an image mounted as a drive, or a crack
Old 2008-01-05, 12:58

I was just wondering if anyone has the "all versions" popsloader (preferbly for firmware 3.52m33, not too fond of upping to 3.71 atm :P) which alexfont mentions in step 4 of his guide? i've scoured the net and the only ones i've been able to find are the ones that go up to 3.51, i even decrypted (or tried :P) the 3.72 but it dosent show up in the selectable popsloader version list.
Old 2008-01-05, 16:34
Magic Ball Master

Try qj.net, they have a lot of PSP content there. DAX website only have the latest one which only work for 3.71m33 version.

Old 2008-01-05, 17:07

:P i got too impaitent (bad habit) and upgraded to 3.71m33-4 :P been playing lba all afternoon ^^ just finished the temple of bĂș...that was alot harder than i remembered it o.O
Old 2008-01-05, 17:10
Magic Ball Master

Heeheee, good to know...

Old 2008-01-05, 17:28
Father of Shoda

I like playing it on my psp except that the screen is either to big or small, and the steering is too sensitive.

Listen to my band's EP on one of the following links!

Check it out:
https://soundcloud.com/inglorious-da...orious-days-ep
http://ingloriousdays.bandcamp.com/
http://open.spotify.com/album/3C1idn10yT06VK0qPiusku
Old 2008-01-05, 19:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerath^ View Post
I like playing it on my psp except that the screen is either to big or small, and the steering is too sensitive.
well, i guess thats why theres a quicksave ^^ it really helps out those places where you keep on e.g. drowning due to a bit too sensitive controls ^^

edit: just thought i'd mention it as well, but my experience differs a bit from that of the guide here (using popsloader for 3.72)
It might be because i havent used any of those zap thingies and such to fix the screen, im just running directly off the eboot i made from my psx game (no fix :P pure pal) - allthough its rare, the screen ocasionally forgets to update e.g. the corners (so you'll see black edges as if it was the end of the "map") but its rare, and all it requires is that you center the screen on twinsen, then its fixed again.
Old 2008-01-05, 20:46
Magic Ball Master

Yes, sometimes it happens, but like you said is rare. Anyway, it was the best pops version out. Maybe 3.80 is better. I need to try it.

Old 2008-01-05, 20:53

there is only one thing that i guess is a real annoyance :P allthough it dosent destroy the gameplay in anyway, or the visuals for that matter.
:P the music stops everytime you talk to someone (at least on mine it does), then after about half a minute or so, it usually restarts but whenever you enter the menu, talk to a person or read a sign music will cease.
Old 2008-01-05, 21:06
Magic Ball Master

Never notice that, I actually didn't play much yet

Old 2008-01-05, 22:54

im having a lazy saturday so i diddent have much else to do ^^ havent played too much either though, more or less on and off (though its nice being able to go to the bathroom when you have to :P and still be able to explore the lba world...thats kinda creepy, yet at the same time entertaining ^^)

edit: what i meant with the () was as a substitute for magazines and what else people might do while their sitting on the toilet...waiting...and well...doing..what people do...
Old 2008-01-06, 14:54
Magic Ball Master

Let me know in the end your comments about the pops version. Will be good to have more details in that

Old 2008-01-06, 15:35

Right'o heading for the clear spring lake atm, but i start back at the university tomorrow (College for those :P outside EU i suppose.) so playing time will be limited (programming examn friday bleh.)