Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2013-11-27, 19:42
Polly parrot

You believe in strange things...
Old 2013-11-27, 22:46
Magic Ball Master

I'm getting high just by watching that video
Old 2013-11-30, 07:49

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
The best cure for depression, in my opinion, is staying busy as often as possible. Walking/jogging outdoors one hour a day has helped me a lot.

Your brain doesn't have a lot of time to stay depressed when it's occupied with something every 5 seconds. And physical activity really helps to reconnect with oneself. I believe that the human being was meant to thrive in an active environment, not to sit idly and think about the pointlessness of life.

So, clean the house, remodel the house, start gardening, read books, etc.. whatever it is, keep yourself busy and don't let your brain get distracted with depression.

Good luck.
Old 2013-11-30, 18:52
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightwing View Post
The best cure for depression, in my opinion, is staying busy as often as possible. Walking/jogging outdoors one hour a day has helped me a lot.

Your brain doesn't have a lot of time to stay depressed when it's occupied with something every 5 seconds. And physical activity really helps to reconnect with oneself. I believe that the human being was meant to thrive in an active environment, not to sit idly and think about the pointlessness of life.

So, clean the house, remodel the house, start gardening, read books, etc.. whatever it is, keep yourself busy and don't let your brain get distracted with depression.

Good luck.
Very nice tip man =)
Old 2013-11-30, 20:52
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Send a message via MSN to Streg
kudos for lightwing
Old 2013-12-01, 21:08

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
Thanks.

I just remembered a story I once read on the studentdoctor forum.

One time, a very depressed man wanted to commit suicide, but all the methods he tried seemed very painful. So he decided he'd off himself by running as hard as he can, for as long as he could, until he'd reach cardiac arrest. Early one morning, he went to run and he ran until he thought he'd die. But he didn't. He just passed out. When he woke up he said he'd just have to try again the next morning, but this time run even harder. So he did. And he ran a lot harder, but no cigar. He still passed out and woke up alive.

He continued this on and on until one day, about a year later, he woke up, realized that he felt great, his body being in great shape, and he didn't have any depressing or suicidal thoughts anymore. Then he went out to jog.

I don't know if this particular story is true, but a less extreme version of it happened to me, so I imagine it could be.
Old 2013-12-03, 16:13
this's longer than allowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reek View Post
i believe this video contains the answer to everything
damn that made me want to roll it

--

Hey zee, maybe finishing the mbn portrait will make you feel better
Old 2013-12-06, 18:22
<3 MP

Well I got the abortion done just now. I'm going to go home and rest. Although I really want to play some FFXII.
Old 2013-12-06, 21:38
Magic Ball Master

Why not do both? Playing something that you enjoy might be just as relaxing (or even more) as laying on your bed watching boring tv programs. And, also, as long as you are sure it was the correct decision, we fully support you Zee!
Old 2013-12-06, 22:10
ffffff

did you get to keep the foetus? genuinely curious
[21:53] <OBattler> i just don´t believe in behaving like either an animal
[21:53] <OBattler> or like adolf hitler

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreGGy View Post
Opinions are like testicles, everyone has theirs - Those are my opinions and I have no fear to show them to you.
Quote:
but that's what it is, the troll is a rapist
a soul rapist

- Link, 2013
*~ Anakin ~ Mia ~ Rex_Hollywood ~ Jesse ~ Jasiek ~ Kitarii ~ Twinsan ~ BFFs 4 lYfE ~*
Old 2013-12-07, 06:10
<3 MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosmapf View Post
Why not do both? Playing something that you enjoy might be just as relaxing (or even more) as laying on your bed watching boring tv programs. And, also, as long as you are sure it was the correct decision, we fully support you Zee!
Thanks, Marcos.
Well I wouldve loved to but I wasn't at my home. I was over my mothers. Plus she doesn't have a tv. None of us are real big on tv in my family. I only have one to play games. I did sleep for about 4 hours afterwards though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_LIPSTICK View Post
did you get to keep the foetus? genuinely curious
Ha no. I didn't even see it. Braxton Hicks is gone now.
Old 2013-12-12, 15:13
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Just some thoughts, if anyone still needs this.
I've been depressed for years (and I'm not ashamed to talk about it) - I think, it has begun when I was 16 years old or something like that. I don't want to explain why I was in it (let's just say, I'm not very healthy person... and not wealthy too ), but here's some how-to-feel-ok-methods I've learned (at least, it works fine to me):

1) Don't try to overcome yourself when you feel apathetic and painful - it's like inhaling the air under the water.
2) When something or someone makes you feel any emotion except irritability (even sadness) - hang on it, it's like a thin straw through which you can breathe.
3) Try to get dopamine agonists recipe or something like that - I stopped apathy arrests using them.

Well, that's pretty much it.

And about this meditation thing,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carajo View Post
This is actually a very good idea.

I wish you a good recovery Zee, I hope you do better.
No, it's bad, believe me. If it's real depression (and not just a short-time depressing state) - it depends on lack of hormones. It's like really shitty weather - you can't make the rain stop just because you want to un-think it (I hope I explained it clear).

Last edited by Morte; 2013-12-12 at 15:27.
Old 2018-03-03, 23:51
the legend

This thread is a reminder that the MBN can be such a nice place sometimes (when it wants). Lots of nice advice here and warm messages.

In particular, I feel like Darkflame's words should be remembered:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkflame View Post
Its hard to know what to reply to this stuff. I wish I could help in some way, or have something tangible to be a "cure".
I only have my own experiences from many years back when I was at university. While I was never suicidal, I was very depressed at times. Everything seemed pointless. Nothing of value seemed possible for me too do, and it felt like I was just wasting time till whenever I would die.

However...it did end. Eventually I got a goal in life, and I also started trying to help others more. It didn't happen overnight, but both these things gave my life more meaning and I became happier. I became hopeful of the future and started seeing more positive things in the world. I worried less about being successful, and more about making a difference in other ways. In some ways I started living though others...the more I saw other people happy, the happier I became too.
The bad stuff didnt so much go away, but it became less significant.

I can only say to hold on, try to find a path in life, and to focus on the positives whenever you can.
His view of "the more I saw other people happy, the happier I became too" is the way to go, to get inspired by the happiness of others - instead of using it as a measure to how much your life own suck or feel envious/hatred/miserable - that's really the way to go.

Polaris: "And what is a guitar doing in the middle of an asteroïd anyway?"
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Old 2018-03-04, 00:00
Panta rei

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist View Post
the MBN can be such a nice place sometimes
One of the reasons I'm still here after so long.
Old 2018-03-05, 21:39
Polly parrot

F*ck me, he had cancer at that moment... We never even suspected it, people can suffer much more than they are showing...

Didn't remember that first post of Zee, hope she is doing fine now as well.
I did remember her abortion story, it's one of the main reasons I told my girlfriend that if I ever get her pregnant, I'd like to know about it.
Old 2018-03-05, 22:44
Panta rei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
I told my girlfriend that if I ever get her pregnant, I'd like to know about it.
Wait what? Polly you have a girlfriend now? Is she the one from your 'i had sex' thread? Nice going!

On a more on topic note; I hope that if one day I'm on a downer and I try to find solace by writing in this forum, you lovely internet strangers will be there for me.
Old 2018-03-06, 02:31
the legend

Quote:
my girlfriend

way to go polly, way to go! you're doing goooood.

Polaris: "And what is a guitar doing in the middle of an asteroïd anyway?"
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Old 2018-03-06, 10:20
Polly parrot

She's someone I met, in November. I've been meaning to write a thread about that, but I'm horribly lazy... I swear I will !
Old 2018-03-06, 14:48
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
Quote:
I did remember her abortion story, it's one of the main reasons I told my girlfriend that if I ever get her pregnant, I'd like to know about it.
I think that kind of goes without saying, really.
Old 2018-03-07, 12:01
Amnesti

Quote:
Originally Posted by polaris View Post
she's someone i met, in november. I've been meaning to write a thread about that, but i'm horribly lazy... I swear i will !
I DEmAnd A ThReaD NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
last place LBA ANY% 52:59
https://www.twitch.tv/amnesti

Citadel Island in Unity
https://forum.magicball.net/showthread.php?t=17983