Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Modifications > LBA Modifications - General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 2004-12-30, 23:41
Magic Level: Red Ball

Animation

Hi there,when I exchange a character (Example Twisen Without Tunic => Zoe) I see Zoe walking...well really strangly,her legs are moving...well,you know what I mean.
I opened with Package Editor Anim.HQR ,but I only see Twisen's one.Is there a method to exchange Twisen's animation for Zoe's one?
Old 2004-12-31, 00:01
View paradise and fall...

every single animation that is used in the game is in anim.hqr, it may just be a case of searching for it. you can use a cntrl+f search on this page, 216 is zoe walking (lba1), and there are a nice set of lba1 animations for fighting etc cause of the zoe clones. if you wanted to make a set for, say a grobo, you will find it harder because there is no animation for a grobo throwing a magic ball. inter-race body swaps are hard, but possible. anyway, there you go. welcome to the forums

So what if I have to have control over every situation? It's only because you would screw it up.
Two carefully balenced hypocrits could make a perfect world. All I need is another hypocrit now...
Old 2004-12-31, 00:05

Thx,i know that,but i'm talking about LBA2
Old 2004-12-31, 12:33
Magic Ball Master

Changing Twinsen's bodies isn't the best option because his animations. We don't have access yet on Viewer with animation edit option so we can't fixed the Twinsen animation with Zoé body for example. The better you could do is to find an bodie similar to Twinsens one and replace it, probably the animations will be better showing.

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.
[Discuss]|[Download]|[Changes]|[SourceCode]|[Issues]

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2005-01-02, 03:16

There is something that I don't understand...Zoé has almost the same body as Twinsen without Tunic,so,why does the animation don't work perfectly?
Twisen have two legs,two feets,two arm,a head and a pony tail,Zoé have the same things,so what's wrong?
Old 2005-01-02, 12:29
Magic Ball Master

Zoé have more bones that Twinsen and are in diferent positions, so this explain why any character don't work fine with foreign animations.

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.
[Discuss]|[Download]|[Changes]|[SourceCode]|[Issues]

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2005-01-02, 20:28
View paradise and fall...

animations, as i understand it, works so that the data says:
move bone 1 forward 2 etc
and then it stretches polygons around them (is this right?)

so if there are more bones then bone 1 is not in a corosponding place, ie arm not leg.

So what if I have to have control over every situation? It's only because you would screw it up.
Two carefully balenced hypocrits could make a perfect world. All I need is another hypocrit now...