Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > Administration > Graveyard > LBA3D
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LBA3D A fan game based on the LBA Games. [homepage]

View Poll Results: Do you want RPG system in LBA?
Yes, a simple one. 9 60.00%
Yes, a complicated one. 2 13.33%
No. 4 26.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2002-09-15, 21:26

Send a message via ICQ to Xakep_INC
Twinsen With RPG Elements?

A new question, i can make the game a little more interesting by adding some optional items, and a simple or complicated skills system, and a little Weapons and Armor system. Don't get me wrong. I don't want to turn LBA into another "Action+RPG = Unknown Strange Style" game, i just wondering if that will add more interest into the game. The RPG system can be different. A simple system is... simple. Twinsen can take items, he has a very basic inventory and maybe a skills system like in older LBA games(you need to take objects for a "level-up"). A more complicated system will have an inventory, a list of skills. And a weapons/armor system. That means that you will not see twinsen running with a tunic all of the game, if he wears some kind of a Zeelichian armor, he can move faster or FunFrock-Knows-What. A weapons system will let twinsen upgrade his weapons, take multiple weapons, and have a little choice on what weapon to use.
Old 2002-09-15, 21:49
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
How about an upgradable tunic instead?
And Spells that become more powerful, the more you use them?
Old 2002-09-15, 22:03

Quote:
How about an upgradable tunic instead?
And Spells that become more powerful, the more you use them?
That would be a complicated RPG system(weapon upgrades, skills).
Old 2002-09-15, 22:20
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
perhaps, but you must feel a bit where something would be a welcomed change and where it would scruw the LBA-feeling too much.
Old 2002-09-16, 08:48
I may LOOK innocent

Maybe you can get some extra spells, you don't need to complete the game.
Who become unhappy mothers
And fathers of unhappy kids
And why's that?
'Cause they've forgotten how to play
Old 2002-09-16, 13:32
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
I think the biggest thing is NO STATISTICS.
I also think no optional skills, no (simulatnous) multiple charecter controll and certainly no expirence points.
--
However, the elements of RPGs that already exist are fine to expand.
Like, you could have "different levels" of something else, like swimming.
As Atresica says, different types/levels of tunics would be cool.
==
About the spells becoming more powerfull, maybe, but generaly I like a game were its the player that gets better at doing a spells rather then the charecter simply gets better because hes done it X number of times.
Purhapes the spells have to be aimed, or timed correctly too work.
[weird idea]
How about you have to type a word in quickly to activate a spell?
The faster you type it, the better the spells power?
(of course, Im not thinking of english words, antient twinsunian or such )
[/weird idea]
Old 2002-09-16, 18:06

Quote:
I think the biggest thing is NO STATISTICS.
I also think no optional skills, no (simulatnous) multiple charecter controll and certainly no expirence points.
--
However, the elements of RPGs that already exist are fine to expand.
Like, you could have "different levels" of something else, like swimming.
As Atresica says, different types/levels of tunics would be cool.
==
About the spells becoming more powerfull, maybe, but generaly I like a game were its the player that gets better at doing a spells rather then the charecter simply gets better because hes done it X number of times.
Purhapes the spells have to be aimed, or timed correctly too work.
[weird idea]
How about you have to type a word in quickly to activate a spell?
The faster you type it, the better the spells power?
(of course, Im not thinking of english words, antient twinsunian or such )
[/weird idea]
Noone spoke about statistics, i just want to make some swimming/ball levels e.t.c

-------------

Yes that would be cool.

=======

It's not about X times of use, its about how you use it, for example if you shoot and hit 1%, you will get no level up of the ball, but if you use the ball cleverly and hit the enemies with it e.t.c, you will get a level-up.

[answer to wierd idea]
You think everybody can type fast aren't you??? Think about writing something like "Kh'abul" every time you need to use a lightning. And if you see many strong enemies.....i can say only that your hands will try to type "Kh'abul" histerically for a week after that. I say NO, maybe a modified idea(for example b&w "draw a spell"), but not words typing. That will ruin the gameplay.[/answer to wierd idea]
Old 2002-09-16, 20:13
Wish of eternity...

Send a message via ICQ to Firephoenix
Super Xakep_INC, I though texactly to the same thing

Hum about the weird idea, maybe we could replace it by a B&W style system : the sorts are throw with a movement of the hand (mouse control only), and the better you do the symbol the more the spell is good....

I'd love some RPG elements in LBAE, by example being able to set the armors and weapons of Twinsen, with elements (gloves, leg protections, medallion) that make him stronger. Those equipment could also influence the way of behaving as you said, eg. when he carries heavy protections he's slower and when he takes ninja protections his mlovements are more complex.

It should be possible to get optionnal spells or skills by making sub-quests (as foor the protection spell in LBA2), but indeed XP points and stuff wouldnt be excellent, cause they force the player to repeat fights to get better spells and stuff. It's more the quality of the play of the player that allows to have bonuses.

GLHF, FP

------------

Take a time to visit the Relentless Movie Project page.
Old 2002-09-17, 13:33
Hello

Send a message via MSN to Gustav Sweden
Nah, please no upgradable tunic. RPGs are pretty boring in my opinion.
Old 2002-09-17, 14:58
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Quote:
[answer to wierd idea]
You think everybody can type fast aren't you??? Think about writing something like "Kh'abul" every time you need to use a lightning. And if you see many strong enemies.....i can say only that your hands will try to type "Kh'abul" histerically for a week after that. I say NO, maybe a modified idea(for example b&w "draw a spell"), but not words typing. That will ruin the gameplay.[/answer to wierd idea]
I didn't say fast, just the faster the better.
Even the worse typer gets better the more the practice.
And I think it should be very hard to use a lightning spell, that the player dosn't have much time to implement it. I think the typeing idea could add a lot of tension. (because you cant defend twinsen while tryng to cast a spell)
The idea is its something the person can get better at, rather then the charecter getting better at it.

I'm against the use of the Black and White system (dispite me being the first person to surgest it...), as its
a) A copy of a system already used.
b) Would be very hard to implement.
c) Requires a mouse. (Im against using a mouse, and Im especialy against the required use of a mouse)

I'm not sure weather the typing system would work, but it would be extreamly easy to test (compared to the B&W system).
It should be tried.
Old 2002-09-17, 18:39

Well B&W system is hard indeed, but i am against the typing one. It totally ruins the gameplay, it becomes:
*fighting a boss*
"kharak"
"jook"
"sdfwe"
*shit im out of mana*
*load*
*this time i need to do it faster*
"kharak"
"jool" *oops*
*load*
"kharak"
"jook"
"sdfwr"
*oops*
*thats a boring game grr....*
Old 2002-09-30, 12:49
Tomorrow burns!

Send a message via MSN to Illumina
I love RPG, even a turn-based. I think's gotta be anything specific objects that gives you temporary or permanent power-ups. Just like "Might and magic" games developed by 3do or/and New world computing. Just drinking from the wells that always can get limits.
I think that it's wise to question anyone or anything who thinks that they have the answer. The ultimate sum of all natural laws comprise the concept of God. And I'd have to be smarter than I am to describe it. The only way to enjoy life is to enjoy it and not to try to spend your time to deconstruct it. Ultimately, on the most of tombstones it should read: "Humans: Fretted, worried, prayed, procreated, sacrificed, died anyway." - Devin Townsend
Old 2002-10-01, 00:16
Classic

Quote:
Originally posted by Xakep_INC
Well B&W system is hard indeed, but i am against the typing one. It totally ruins the gameplay, it becomes:
*fighting a boss*
"kharak"
"jook"
"sdfwe"
*shit im out of mana*
*load*
*this time i need to do it faster*
"kharak"
"jool" *oops*
*load*
"kharak"
"jook"
"sdfwr"
*oops*
*thats a boring game grr....*

Anygame where the boss fight conisists of having to use constant magic for boss's would be borring anyway.
The majority of the fight should be hand-to-hand, sabar, or magic ball bassed.
In fact, all boss's should be able to be done without ANY magic.
Magic is just used occasionaly, and it should be fairly hard to use.
-
Please, dont knock it till you try it.
Its an easy system to set up and expirment with, unlike the B&W one.
I like the idea because it makes sense story wise as well as gameplay wise, you learn spells, and by typing them twinsen "says" them. (I picture some flaming text appering above or around him as he types).