Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > Administration > Graveyard > LbaX
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LbaX LbaX is an unofficial non profit sequel of Little Big Adventure 1 and 2 (homepage)

Old 2004-05-31, 10:52
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Question I have problems with LbaX...

Well... when I run LbaX, it just doesn't display anything, and it displays a blue screen. With the bug fix, it displays the title screen, starts playing music, and suddenly, I see the same blue screen. The editor crashes, too. What should I doo? I use Windows 98 (Continental Portuguese version) on a Intel Celeron 2400 mHz, with 256 MB of RAM. What should I do? Please, help!!!!
Old 2004-06-23, 13:10
Magic Level: Fire Ball

Use Win XP or 2000.
What video card you have, too?

LbaX Official Home page Last update... too long time ago^^
Old 2004-07-19, 02:05
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Video card: SiS 6503 or something like that. Certainly not GeForce or anything related to it. The video card I have is built into the motherboard (along with the soundcard).
Old 2004-07-19, 02:45
Still in a dream...

Get windows XP to start with....
Old 2004-07-26, 22:23
Welcome to Zirla!

- mad_aeon and Pandemona: I will not reinstall everything on my computer, just because someone is making a game, that doesn't work on Windows 98? Is Windows 98 not 32-bit or what, as you made the game to not work in there? And thanks for the "help" you gave me (Install Windows XP, you said). Sorry for the anger, but not all the people use Windows XP.
Old 2005-03-11, 16:32
Strange User

Send a message via MSN to Kinny
I do have windows xp and it doesn't run either, so...
I get the screen where you can set the quality, then I press start, and then I see Twinsen standing on that cd, and then just a black screen!! when I press shift I do get to see the empty inventory and when I press control I get to see the behavior mode screen. but thats all. sometimes it even quits, without a message and sometimes it just says, that there was an error.
I did everything I had to do for the installation. copying that file to windows/system32 and putting the game in c:/lbax
so what should be the problem here? please help me!

Last edited by Kinny; 2005-03-11 at 16:40.
Old 2005-03-11, 17:03
Welcome to Zirla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBrasilo
- mad_aeon and Pandemona: I will not reinstall everything on my computer, just because someone is making a game, that doesn't work on Windows 98? Is Windows 98 not 32-bit or what, as you made the game to not work in there? And thanks for the "help" you gave me (Install Windows XP, you said). Sorry for the anger, but not all the people use Windows XP.
Heh, this post of mine made me remember, how I was angry about that.

- Kinny: Just wait for the final version to come, it will work.
Old 2005-12-07, 18:53
Welcome to Zirla!

OK, I have Windows 2000 Professional now, and LbaX doesn't run there as well. And I tried the latest demo.

So - will I really need Windows XP to run the game?
Old 2005-12-07, 19:10
Still in a dream...

You should use XP because it is better than 98/2k imo.
Old 2005-12-07, 23:59
Free-lance designer

Send a message via ICQ to Horadrim
OBras,whichever OS you use,you`ll achieve the same result.The problem is that the game seems to be strongly dependent from the nVidia geForce drivers.I suppose that mad_aeon will correct this dependance and allow the others to play the demo (which I think that it`s useless to see now,since there are major changes in the whole vision of the game).
Old 2005-12-13, 18:56
Welcome to Zirla!

- Pandy: Actually, Windows 2000 is far more stable than Windows XP. Windows XP only has a more modern user interface. But Windows 2000 is more stable.

- Horadrim: Ahhh... so the problem is the graphics card! OK, I'll wait for mad_aeon to make the game work on all graphics cards then.
Old 2005-12-14, 19:14
Twinsunian Quetch

Send a message via MSN to Quetch Send a message via Yahoo to Quetch
no ... is not the OS ... u need the patch .. anyway , now your version is no longer available , so just wait for the next release of LBA X release 5
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles