Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #76  
Old 2006-04-28, 01:58
DedalousDiggle DedalousDiggle is offline
Magic Ball Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,770
Like now?
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 2006-04-28, 02:06
Cl@udia's Avatar
Cl@udia Cl@udia is offline
A rabbibunny melba
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Denmark
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by DedalousDiggle
Like now?
I wasn't being irrational, I write 'ey!' when people go over the line, and I intent to keep it that way :P
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 2006-04-28, 02:29
Rex_Hollywood's Avatar
Rex_Hollywood Rex_Hollywood is offline
Idyllic + whimsical
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Near the core, where it's still warm
Posts: 12,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cl@udia
I don't have pms myself, so I woudn't know the feeling
.....?
__________________
Rex_Hollywood - Not changing signatures since 2001!
"Ignorance is bliss" (Cypher, 'The Matrix')
"If ignorance is bliss then wipe the smile off my face" (Rage Against The Machine)
"Ignorance IS NOT bliss! How is your credit card history?" (Banner)
"I find bliss in Ignorance" (Linkin Park - One Step Closer)
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 2006-04-28, 02:32
Atresica Atresica is offline
What is this place?
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Somewhere far far away
Posts: 12,577
Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
I disagree. If you would think for a moment, you will notice when you're behaving irrational. It's just that most PMS'ers don't think at all because they think it is accepted anyway to behave like a bitch during periode.

It's like those women don't have any sense of selfconsciousness.

And I'm speaking from experience here. You DO notice when your hormones are taking control and you CAN do something about it.

FB2K: Not all women have PMS during or before periode. Common misconception.
__________________
*Blub*
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 2006-04-28, 02:34
Rex_Hollywood's Avatar
Rex_Hollywood Rex_Hollywood is offline
Idyllic + whimsical
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Near the core, where it's still warm
Posts: 12,098
So it's mostly a psychological thing?
__________________
Rex_Hollywood - Not changing signatures since 2001!
"Ignorance is bliss" (Cypher, 'The Matrix')
"If ignorance is bliss then wipe the smile off my face" (Rage Against The Machine)
"Ignorance IS NOT bliss! How is your credit card history?" (Banner)
"I find bliss in Ignorance" (Linkin Park - One Step Closer)
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 2006-04-28, 03:04
Cl@udia's Avatar
Cl@udia Cl@udia is offline
A rabbibunny melba
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Denmark
Posts: 125
it's been proven quite recently that it is indeed valid, although it doesnt make it an excuse to do whatever you want. But like pregnancy it can make life difficult for you. If hormones had nothing to do with outbursts no one would ever have an outburst ever. Also, you don't really realize that you've been irrational until right after you've had an outburst. The fact that some omen use that to be bithces on tha ttime of the month still doesn't mean that it's never an excuse. What's more interesting though is that people who dnøt have any pms or similar can be jerks for o appaerent reason, and that's not only women
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 2006-04-28, 03:09
Cl@udia's Avatar
Cl@udia Cl@udia is offline
A rabbibunny melba
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Denmark
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBall2K
.....?
what confuses you about that line?
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 2006-04-28, 03:20
Cl@udia's Avatar
Cl@udia Cl@udia is offline
A rabbibunny melba
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Denmark
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Muerte
For men it doesn't matter, they generally don't give a fuck.
Women on the other hand are special. The toilet seat thing isn't just one of them.
Ever heard of female emancipation. Well, it's about females getting the same rights as men. It's not about femals being treated equally to men. As a simple rule of thumb comes to this: All humans are equal. But women are just a little bit more equal than men.
They want the same rights, but not the same obligations. Currently it's morally correct to discriminate men, but incorrect to discriminate women. Go figure. If you don't believe me simply turn on the television. And you'll see it's ok for women to judge men but not ok for men to judge women on their behavior, clothes, figure, etc. Because of this whole attitude men generally try to avoid confrontation. It doesn't matter much to them, but it means the world to women (why? that's one of life's greatest mysteries, even women can't explain it, women are generally seen as irrational and incoherent: "If you don't know what's wrong I'm not going to tell you.").
Ofcourse there are also women that don't bitch about the position of the toilet seat.
It's like when a girl says girl power, she gets a shout back. if a man said manpower he'd practically be crucified and slaughtered i nthe media. And what about paying dinners and engagement rings? women dn't mind the men paying for those even though they want to be equal. I must say, i agree
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 2006-04-28, 03:28
Jasiek's Avatar
Jasiek Jasiek is offline
Do the evolution.
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: You forgot Poland.
Posts: 8,100
Women with an abnormally high estrogene level have mood swings all the time(it's a curable illness, but it prooves that hormones can have a significant influence on behaviour), just like men with a lot of testosterone are abnormally agressive. In some cases they can controll it and in some they don't even notice something is happening (it depends on the amount of the hormone). I know this from press and from my own expierience. And I don't mean stupid or silly behaviour, but an alarming mood swing, from happy to sad in a matter of minutes, being abnormally active, or getting pissed very easily. Stress can be a factor also, a lot of stress lowers a certain border, behind wich it harms your health, it can raise hormon levels alarmingly high, wich can affect your health and cause pain - wich adds to the stress, so you get even more pissed at everything, or sad by no apparent reason. And don't jump at me that I'm not a woman so I don't know how it is , cause I know this as a fact, and sometimes have to cope with it in my life. Of course I agree that you can't blaim everything on that, and I'm talking about an illness, which raises hormones far beyound an alarming level, so I don't think a normal, healthy person will start acting irracional or anything, I'm just saying that hormones can affect your behaviour, and you may not even notice, and furthermore, you can even not understand it when someone tries to explain to you that youre acting irrational. But I have never met a healthy woman acting strange becouse of her period, a bit irritated maybe, but never acting stupid(well, maybe once, in highschool, but she was stupid all the time...).
__________________
Little Script Adventure
Join the Little Script Adventure team
Download Little Script Adventure
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 2006-04-28, 04:11
Cl@udia's Avatar
Cl@udia Cl@udia is offline
A rabbibunny melba
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Denmark
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasiek
Women with an abnormally high estrogene level have mood swings all the time(it's a curable illness, but it prooves that hormones can have a significant influence on behaviour), just like men with a lot of testosterone are abnormally agressive. In some cases they can controll it and in some they don't even notice something is happening (it depends on the amount of the hormone). I know this from press and from my own expierience. And I don't mean stupid or silly behaviour, but an alarming mood swing, from happy to sad in a matter of minutes, being abnormally active, or getting pissed very easily. Stress can be a factor also, a lot of stress lowers a certain border, behind wich it harms your health, it can raise hormon levels alarmingly high, wich can affect your health and cause pain - wich adds to the stress, so you get even more pissed at everything, or sad by no apparent reason. And don't jump at me that I'm not a woman so I don't know how it is , cause I know this as a fact, and sometimes have to cope with it in my life. Of course I agree that you can't blaim everything on that, and I'm talking about an illness, which raises hormones far beyound an alarming level, so I don't think a normal, healthy person will start acting irracional or anything, I'm just saying that hormones can affect your behaviour, and you may not even notice, and furthermore, you can even not understand it when someone tries to explain to you that youre acting irrational. But I have never met a healthy woman acting strange becouse of her period, a bit irritated maybe, but never acting stupid(well, maybe once, in highschool, but she was stupid all the time...).
If I may: THANKYOU. I've found some posters in here to carry a harsh tone and to seem to want to misunderstand. I think it's rediculous, and it's nice to hear a friendly tone . No need to agree with me but just keep it friendly people
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 2006-04-28, 11:52
Rex_Hollywood's Avatar
Rex_Hollywood Rex_Hollywood is offline
Idyllic + whimsical
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Near the core, where it's still warm
Posts: 12,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cl@udia
what confuses you about that line?
Atresica covered that corner.
__________________
Rex_Hollywood - Not changing signatures since 2001!
"Ignorance is bliss" (Cypher, 'The Matrix')
"If ignorance is bliss then wipe the smile off my face" (Rage Against The Machine)
"Ignorance IS NOT bliss! How is your credit card history?" (Banner)
"I find bliss in Ignorance" (Linkin Park - One Step Closer)
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 2006-04-28, 12:04
Lightwing Lightwing is offline
.
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 6,886
Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atresica
FB2K: Not all women have PMS during or before periode. Common misconception.
It's also a common misconception that PMS = angry, upset, hateful, while in many cases it's actually depression and sadness (of the crying sort).
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 2006-04-28, 22:54
Cl@udia's Avatar
Cl@udia Cl@udia is offline
A rabbibunny melba
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Denmark
Posts: 125
depression and sadness usually leads to less tolerance, and so the evil circle continues. Still don't know what fireball2k and astrecia are on about, or what it is you've got against me, but do recall saying oy to you after you syaing yo, and after that you got an attitude problem with me and have been hostile. Go figure

Last edited by Cl@udia; 2006-04-28 at 23:16.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 2006-04-28, 23:15
Rex_Hollywood's Avatar
Rex_Hollywood Rex_Hollywood is offline
Idyllic + whimsical
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Near the core, where it's still warm
Posts: 12,098
....when was I being hostile?
__________________
Rex_Hollywood - Not changing signatures since 2001!
"Ignorance is bliss" (Cypher, 'The Matrix')
"If ignorance is bliss then wipe the smile off my face" (Rage Against The Machine)
"Ignorance IS NOT bliss! How is your credit card history?" (Banner)
"I find bliss in Ignorance" (Linkin Park - One Step Closer)
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 2006-04-28, 23:19
Cl@udia's Avatar
Cl@udia Cl@udia is offline
A rabbibunny melba
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Denmark
Posts: 125
well, you wrote 'like now?' when I was on about women being irrational, with no smily indicating you not being serious, and you seemed to get really annoyed when I said oy to you, even though it wasn't anymore than a yo backwards. That's as far as i can remember. Oh wait, that was deadilous somehting who wrote that one. But there was hte oy thnig and somehting else. Can't remember it all. deadilous has somehtnig against me too, perhaps because I told him i thought he was being insensitive and mean about the thnig with spaceguitarkid and the poll
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 2006-04-29, 00:00
DedalousDiggle DedalousDiggle is offline
Magic Ball Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,770
You take things way too seriously, chica.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 2006-04-29, 00:36
Cl@udia's Avatar
Cl@udia Cl@udia is offline
A rabbibunny melba
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Denmark
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by DedalousDiggle
You take things way too seriously, chica.
Well it's difficult to know how to take things when it's on a chat, thats why I always make sure to use smilies.

Am I to understand that nobody hates my guts or finds me irritating? Is that even possible not to?
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 2006-04-29, 00:46
Rex_Hollywood's Avatar
Rex_Hollywood Rex_Hollywood is offline
Idyllic + whimsical
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Near the core, where it's still warm
Posts: 12,098
Errr...
About the oy thing I was (obviously?) kidding.

And it's nice that you decide things about me based on events you don't really remember.
__________________
Rex_Hollywood - Not changing signatures since 2001!
"Ignorance is bliss" (Cypher, 'The Matrix')
"If ignorance is bliss then wipe the smile off my face" (Rage Against The Machine)
"Ignorance IS NOT bliss! How is your credit card history?" (Banner)
"I find bliss in Ignorance" (Linkin Park - One Step Closer)
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 2006-04-29, 01:37
Homeless's Avatar
Homeless Homeless is offline
Zebrazilla
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,065
I love toilet seats. I love taking a piss on a toilet seat. I love making toilet seats taking piss. I love making love on toilet seats. I love toilet seats for making love to me. I love me for making toilet seats pissing. I love toilets making piss love. Love is piss, especially when there's toilets involved. I have lost my case. I lost my case in the toilet. The toilet is lost.



Yes, I always tend to bring down the toilet seat and always close the.. lid thingy. I have no plausible reason to do so and I have no plausible reason not to do so. I just ended up doing it.

However, for some reason, I never tend to bring down the toilet seat and/or lid while @ peeing a public-urinal-socket or @ someone I hardly know. Ever other place == seat and possibly lid down, for great justice!
__________________

LBA Speedruns
Personal Best - LBA 1 - Any% PC - Time: 01h 04m 23s
Personal Best - LBA 1 - Any% Android - Time: 01h 04m 35s
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 2006-04-29, 14:41
ChaosFish ChaosFish is offline
weee
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Viking Mothership, Quarantine Chamber
Posts: 21,214
Cl@udia - People don't always use smileys when they're joking, because it's sort of like saying "here's a joke:" (which ruins the joke).
But usually if the joke isn't obvious there is a simley.

And your guts are lovely! No one hates them. Guts are good. And they go well with the tolilet thread

Last edited by ChaosFish; 2006-04-29 at 14:49.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 2006-04-30, 23:14
Cl@udia's Avatar
Cl@udia Cl@udia is offline
A rabbibunny melba
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Denmark
Posts: 125
Awww, you think my guts are lovely? Still think there has been some hostility. My experience is that the written word can esily be misunderstood because there's no tone or body language, and veen though I know it's possible to joke around without them, I wouldn't do that unless it was a perosn I knew well who knew I wouldn't say somehting mean. It was my impression that there was hostility, and I didn't understand why.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosFish
Cl@udia - People don't always use smileys when they're joking, because it's sort of like saying "here's a joke:" (which ruins the joke).
But usually if the joke isn't obvious there is a simley.

And your guts are lovely! No one hates them. Guts are good. And they go well with the tolilet thread
__________________
Can't it be both?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Appeal for locking of the toilet seats thread Rex_Hollywood Dear moderators 26 2006-04-11 18:00
Small wooden toilet house Dark Eyedol The Relentless Movie project 37 2002-03-17 21:29


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 00:50.


News Feed
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, the Magicball Network