Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > Fan Creations > Fan Games > Fan Maps
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Fan Maps LBA themed maps for other games (Unreal, Half Life, etc.)

Old 2001-08-19, 20:54
the Cursed

Send a message via ICQ to CrOvAx
Screenshots and info T2map

Screenshots and info T2map

Here are the screenshots and the info I promised.

Don't look to much at the island, I started with it yesterday, just so you guys can see how it looks like with the T2 engine. (I should have turned FSAA on, but okee ). I'm still far from rdy, but the map is playable, and I think I will have a complete map this wednesday, except for the fact that not everything will be right then. I hope I can fix all the textures tomorrow, because some of them are still out of place. Also the textures of the ground in T2 I will change. Some of the mistakes you see in the screenshots here I allrdy fixed, such as the ground that rises above the street at the harbour and the hole beneath Twinsens house. The hole is there to be able to enter the interior of his home, but I moved with the building just before this screenshot, because of which you now see a hole next to the house.

All darkblue things you see (such as with the fences) should be invisible, but I didn't fix the "null-texture", I'll do it later.

Okay, here they are:

He, they should be pics, no links.. Can somebody fix this, so it shows them as pictures, and not as links?

If the links don't work, just copy and past them.

As you can see the flag is allrdy at the lighthouse, and you are able to enter the lighthouse. Also, as you can see at the third screenshot, you are able to enter the museum (no interior done yet), but you can snipe trough the window, as you see at the screenshot. You can also enter the bar, but still no interior. I have made the interior for Twinsen's home ! You can enter it now, but I haven't put a screenshot from it here, maybe I'll add it tomorrow.

Next thing I'll do is put all textures at there place (for the models). After that I'll make the island, without the groundtextures and not precise. Then I'll mirror it so I can release it for Wacko.

My new ideas:

- I'll add the sewer ! Not with really much detail, but just at the places where you should normally be able to enter the sewer (in the basement of the bar, next to the bar, and in the wizardstent) you can enter a kind of sewer, maybe including the center of it as in LBA2. This way there will also be a way into the base without flying, with all its strategic advantages.

- I'll change the original Citadel Island even more. I'm thinking of adding the !Spoiler! secret entrance !Spoiler! of LBA1, which will be from behind the dartboard to the bay behind Twinsen's house. It will be there to make a direct link to the vehiclestation I'll make there.

- The entrance to the tralucave will become a tunnel beneath the water to the other Island, again for strategic advantages.

Sorry if I have disappointed you guys, I'm far from rdy, and I'm not as far as I hoped, but stuff went wrong, and I had other things to do.

Such as go out now, so as I won't have posted any screenshots tomorrow, it will be because of the fact I drunk to much

Last edited by CrOvAx; 2001-08-19 at 21:01.
Old 2001-08-19, 21:00
ooh ha ha!

All the links are broken
Old 2001-08-19, 21:02
the Cursed

As I said, you should copy and paste them, then they should work.
Old 2001-08-19, 22:43
Magic Ball Master

Looking great!! I wish we had this map before the lan so we could have played it

I'm very curious to the newer versions. I'm always open for beta-testing

Great work.

About the opening image: I already did something, but I first wanted to make a screenshot of the level to put in it. So I'll finish the image once I've played the map or something.

Edit: about the images appearing as links; I think El_Muerte turned this on; I also saw it in an other thread.
Old 2001-08-20, 00:23
ooh ha ha!

Is it LBA3?
Old 2001-08-20, 00:34
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
The images are way to large to view on the MB itself, it would be a hell for those with a slow connection
Old 2001-08-20, 10:41
the Cursed

THX

I'll send you some files this week Wacko. I think I will even have some botsupport for you at the end of the week (allthough I have to find out how the AIeditor works, but I did the same with the other editor, so it shouldn't be a problem.)

I know that the files are to big to attach, but it should be possible to just view them from the spaceports server, shouldn't it?
No opinion about map, Atresica?
Old 2001-08-20, 12:50
Member #174

Send a message via MSN to Assassin
Looks good!
Does that map work on the demo version of tribes 2?
Old 2001-08-20, 12:54
the Cursed

Yes, I think so, don't know it for sure.
Old 2001-08-20, 15:21
Your God

Send a message via ICQ to Phoenix
Wow, I'm impressed. It looks stunning. I have a couple of questions, how big can a T2 map be in relation to the size of that one and what is the fogging distance. Secondly, how does the lighting work in T2 can you place spotlights and ambient lights etc..?
Old 2001-08-20, 15:38
Magic Ball Master

A T2 map can be very large, I think you can take 4x4 of these islands and you'll have a medium/large T2 map. Internet play is 64 vs 64 at most, so the levels have to be large.

Fogging distance depends on the map, but usually you can look very far. You can also zoom incredibly far, you can see the smallest details at a long distance.

Don't know about the lighting.
Old 2001-08-20, 20:28
the Cursed

A map can be giantic. I tried with the editor and the maps I play online are not the biggest possible, and some of them are really big. This map I make now is quite small. He can fly across one Island with one, maybe 2 jets as a light. Maps I normally play online sometimes requiring more the 25 jets to get to the other base, so this one is now quite small. I think that when it's rdy you'll need 10 jets max. I don't like too big maps, so I've made this one a bit smaller. The "Twinsun"-map, if I find the time, will be really big, maybe one of the biggest maps around.

I can set the fog- and viewable distance myself. For this map I can set the fog far away, because the map is quite simple, with only 3 models per side (Twinsen's+neighbours house, Downtown Citadel Island, Lighthouse).

About the lights: I think I can add them, but I'm not sure. I can set a sunlight which covers the world, but for the tunnels and stuff I need some extra lights, so I think it's possible. Didn't try it yet I must say. Anything you see from what I made I made with trying, so I think I'll find it out somehow
For the interior I now have I just added lights using WC, so the lights are part of the model.

Didn't do much for my map today My mother was pissed, so she forbid me to go on the computer. I only fixed some textures and made the benches,the trashcans and the tiny flowerfences. So I think I have build allmost all of the outside models now.
Old 2001-08-20, 21:49
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
Oh sorry

Brilliant work indeed

but I can't test them or something, don't have T2
Old 2001-08-20, 22:03
the Cursed

Thanks !

I'll install the demo of T2 on one of the other computers, and then I'll check if my map works with it. Don't know what options you have with the demo, but when the map works I'll tell you all, and then you can also play/see the map if you want, allthough you don't own the game. I don't know if you can lan with the demo. I don't think there is botsupport, is there?
Old 2001-08-20, 22:41
Magic Ball Master

* tries the T2 demo right away *
Old 2001-08-22, 21:05
the Cursed

And, Wacko, can you lan or bot with the demo?
Old 2001-09-03, 12:06
Magic Ball Master

Don't know, it doesn't work with Windows XP
Old 2001-09-03, 17:00
the Cursed

LoL, I'll try it then this week. I'm rdy with my tennistournament (ended second in the double ), so now I can go on with my map. Hope to give you some files at the end of the week.
Old 2001-10-23, 19:09
Seal Evil

WOW...they look cool!
Old 2001-10-24, 02:48

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
Hmm....this looks very well done...but one tip. Try to lighten up the atmosphere, make it more shiny and everything....Pick a lighter texture for the asphalt, bricks, etc.

One thing I hated about LBA2 is how everything was gloomy...Even though this is a "blow your head off" first person shooter, try making the atmosphere more alive. Make it original

Overall an excelent job!

Keep up the hard work...who knows...maybe you'll achive what you've been trying to acomplish for so long....
Old 2001-10-24, 08:45
Lauren...

Lookst very very promising CrOvAx! Especially when you're busy with this for one day. And I agree with Lightwing, LBA itself isn't so dark overall. And your ideas sound cool!

Intensity
Integrity
Intelligence

The 100.000th post on the MBN is made by me!
Old 2001-10-24, 13:20
the Cursed

I allrdy changed the color of the light which shines from the sun. So now everything is lighter allrdy. I saw that myself too, you are right.
I won't use a different texture, because this is the original, and I want to use that one. Maybe tweak it a little when it's still too dark, yes...

I can't make it more alive then it is at the moment. I added allmost everything, including the little flowers and fences, the benches, allmost everything. Only thing I'm still not sure about are the trees: I can add T2-trees, or build trees myself. The first one is the easiest, the second the best-looking. Okee, the second one it is.

Also I changed the color of the sky. The original T2 didn't have nice, colorfull skies, but with the latest mappack there is a brightblue sky added, which looks quite cool.

The map didn't progress for a while because I was busy doing other things, and I blew up my computer. I hope I can make myself work on it again this week, but can't promise anything, because I also have exams next week.

So many plans, so little time.... (I'm also busy making a Latin-grammar-learning program, writing a book, and some other stuff....)
Old 2001-10-24, 14:46
Magic Ball Master

Hubba hubba, I'm looking forward to test it!
Old 2001-10-24, 15:08
the Cursed

I promised it to you a long time ago Wacko, so I'll do my best to give you a testversion this week (heppie ook vakantie? ). Cán't promise anything, except that I can allrdy give you a testversion, except you won't have bots and stations.

I'm gonna repair my computer this afternoon, and then I should be able to finish one Island-exterior. Inside has to wait, and the stations aren't really necessary until the other Island is rdy. I think that there is a "mirror-option" in the editor, with which I should be able to make an exact copy of one Island and put is somewhere else on the map.
Old 2001-10-26, 14:44
the Cursed

Sorry for the double post, but this is something totally different.

Does anyone have ever made of model of Twinsen in 3ds? I could use it for my map, because I'll then try to change the player model in Twinsen.

And I think it's possible to make a magicball by magic a grenade that bounches harder then a normal grenade in T2....

Just for fun, don't suspect to be released in a short-time, but I wanna try If it works out just fine I think it's still possible to make a LBA-totalconversion for T2.