Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and its world.

View Poll Results: Should the next LBA game be a prequel or sequel to the series?
Prequel 3 17.65%
Sequel 14 82.35%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2003-04-23, 12:53
Magic Ball Master

Next LBA game, prequel or sequel?

Well, if another LBA game ever ends up getting developed. I was wondering what the general concensus of the MBN was when it came to it being a sequel or a prequel, as I have read both views in the forums, but I was just wondering what the majority was.
Old 2003-04-23, 12:56
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
Well since the script for the sequel is written already

But anyway, I prefer a sequel.
Old 2003-04-23, 12:56
Magic Ball Master

A prequel might be nice to see the uprise of FunFrock to dictator. However, I think a sequel woud be better, as an answer to the unanswered questions at the end of LBA2, with the Stellar Entity as most important factor.
Old 2003-04-23, 12:57
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
I think most would like a sequel.

If you ask me, it should be a sequal but with pleanty of referances and explanations with the past (and not just the past of the two games )
Old 2003-04-23, 13:31
Idyllic + whimsical

A prequel, but in Zeelich.
"Ignorance IS NOT bliss! How is your credit card history?" (Banner)
"I find bliss in Ignorance" (Linkin Park - One Step Closer)
Old 2003-04-23, 15:29
Magic Ball Master

Yes, prequel Zeelich would be cool, but I don't think a Twinsen prequel is necessary...I mean, LBA 1 was kinda the starting point, what material would you have for the prequel? The Teenage Years: Twinsen's high school prom, Twinsen's first kiss, Twinsen getting drunk at Utwente with El Muerte, Twinsen losing his virginity?
Old 2003-04-23, 16:27
Hello

Send a message via MSN to G.A. Zogem
lmao
Old 2003-04-23, 16:39
Le dictateur

Twinsen IS LBA, he would not fit into a prequel, I think, because he would be too young, there would not be any adventure there for him and because LBA is the first time Twinsen goes off to save the world.

A sequel will most likely not be made, so I say that we are lucky if even LBA3 is made, and should not hope for a fourth part
Old 2003-04-23, 16:54
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
It would be cool though if they would give a bit of a background information on Twinsun's history
Old 2003-04-23, 17:32
Magic Ball Master

I've been playing too much Final Fantasy recently and as you may perhaps know, they usually have storylines in non-chronological order, with lots of flashbacks. Those are really nice for character development. While this doesn't suit LBA at all (both LBAs were completely chronological), it might be very nice for a possible LBA3.

First the story takes set where LBA2 started, and in order for the plot to develop, Twinsen has a few flashbacks not only of pre-LBA1, but also some parts of LBA1 and LBA2, which would fit perfectly into the explanation of the Stellar Entity. Like, small hints given in the game would all fall together into a big puzzle. That would totally rock to complete LBA like this as a trilogy.

Like Darkflame said in an other LBA3 thread: some complex story even I couldn't come up with .

Ah well, I'm just fantasizing. It probably wouldn't fit a lightly-hearted game like LBA. Still I like to think about it.
Old 2003-04-23, 19:09
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Yup, A sequal with flashbacks &OR dream sequences to show bits from the past
(Id love it if the "past" bits where black and white with flickering scratch marks like an old film )
Old 2003-04-23, 19:23
Magic Ball Master

Well that could be cool but the novelty could where away quite easily if those sequences last very long in old film style. One thing that I thought of was this book I read, I think that it was called Timothy of the Cay. It was both a prequel and a sequel because every few chapters it moved back and forth between the events leading up to and the events after the first book. I think that that would be a good way to tell the whole story.
Old 2003-04-23, 20:12
My favourite camel

I think it gets very annoying if they switch back and forth in the gameplay all the time, but in the cutscenes and stories it would be really great.

But that's just my opinion
Old 2003-04-23, 20:48
Commander

Send a message via MSN to Jon
they neeed a Sequal to see what happens to zeelich and twinsen when they ally together
DFI LanParty NF4 ultra-D
Patriot 1.5gig DDR PC3200 @ 520
Ultra V-Series 500 Watt
Old 2003-04-23, 20:52
Somewhere

Send a message via AIM to ellimac Send a message via MSN to ellimac Send a message via Yahoo to ellimac
Both would be cool. A prequel'd be very interesting, but maybe a plot hole. Twinsen wasen't as known as a hero as in LBA2's beginning.
Or then with another hero. Like, if Lba3 were a sequel, with that Arthur for example. I'd prefer to have a game with a playable Twinsen himself.

Well, I want LBA3 just like Fred and his team want it, that's all. They're my guarantee.

Guys, you meant a game composed of flash-backs and "flash-forths" in the adventure ? Too complicated imo for the player. It should be shown in cut scenes only.

LinX:
* vote for LBA here !!!
* find out what raynal said A LONG TIME ago here !!!
* get to listen to my midi version of LBA's Theme here !!! (or (the beginning of) my own LBA's Theme mp3 version??)
* See my 1st Franco parade drawing here !!! (and relentlessly encourage me to finish the 2nd one!)
* Wish me happy birthday more than 6 months late here !!!
Ok elli, let's just STOP here, ok???
Old 2003-04-23, 20:55
Commander

Send a message via MSN to Jon
They should do both
DFI LanParty NF4 ultra-D
Patriot 1.5gig DDR PC3200 @ 520
Ultra V-Series 500 Watt
Old 2003-04-23, 21:29
What is this place?

Well, there's me again... but Fred said Arthur would be playable as well, meaning that either a lot of time passed (I doubt you'd be able to play well with a 3 year old kid) or you might get something with time shifts or something
Old 2003-04-23, 23:41
Gee, it's been a while.

Hm... Though I'd prefer a prequel, I could see a great prequel playing Sendell before she becomes a goddess...
Old 2003-04-23, 23:46
Magic Ball Master

How about a prequel in which you play as Funfrock, charting his rise to total domination over Twinsun. I mean, you'd get to create clones, and use teleportation and your sabre. And best of all, you'd get to be evil .
Old 2003-04-23, 23:51
Master of Science & Magic

I'll go for "equal" in that case I will always be right
Old 2003-04-24, 00:48
Magic Level: Fire Ball

Send a message via ICQ to neimad Send a message via AIM to neimad Send a message via Yahoo to neimad
Quote:
Originally posted by Bushmeister
How about a prequel in which you play as Funfrock, charting his rise to total domination over Twinsun. I mean, you'd get to create clones, and use teleportation and your sabre. And best of all, you'd get to be evil .
nice idea !
it will assuage myself, after the LBA2 cuteness
and we could fight against this fu***** cute twinsen and all his boring friends ! yeeeah, greeeat idea !
Old 2003-04-24, 00:56
Magic Ball Master

Yeah, but if it carried on to include Twinsen and his exploits in LBA1, it would be quite boring to know you'll eventually lose. But if it carried on long enough through LBA2, as a kind of side-quest type game, it would cover up a lot of plot holes, like how FF survived "dying".
Old 2003-04-24, 01:25
Still in a dream...

Well, I think LBA3 sohuld be Twinsen tellnig Arthur all about how FF came to power, and an FMV of his battles with Funfrock. Then he leaves the room, and Arthur is kidnapped, and then you start playing. However, you also play the flashbacks too
Old 2003-04-24, 01:27
Magic Ball Master

FMVs are nice, but too many can detract from the atmosphere of a game (especially if they look quite different to the in-game engine).
Old 2003-04-24, 05:14
Magic Ball Master

i wouldn't like a prequel, like wacko said, it would be like funfrock's rise to dictator...and there's not much you can do in that. you can't defeat him...that would change the history of the other two! plus, in LBA1 you start out in jail...that would mean at the end of the prequel you get caught and put in jail...what a way to end a story!