Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > Fan Creations > Fan Games
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Fan Games A forum for discussion of any demos and fan games being made. Not for discussion of Modifications.

Old 2008-01-06, 15:47
Magic Ball Master

Hehee, good luck than. But don't forget this are good times, I can say I'm now working, finished university and I feel fault of the old university times, full with things to do but also we a non "responsible" life with a lot of holidays. Still, is good to receive money in the end of the month.

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.
[Discuss]|[Download]|[Changes]|[SourceCode]|[Issues]

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2008-01-06, 17:35
RobG from different angle

Gotten my copy of LBA2 now from my buddy its only for borrows, but it will suffice to test if i can get it working on psp.

I was looking around and notice that there are several nocd's for LBA2 dos-mode, have you tried any of those?
As far as i can tell, their only for the european version of the game though, so it might nok work for all ^^.
Will see if i can try it out later tonight.
Old 2008-01-06, 19:01
Magic Ball Master

Only try one I have here, and in windows it run without the CD but in dosbox, even running on windows it doesn't work. Maybe one of it could work indeed.

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.

Old 2008-01-08, 14:28

Well i've finished trying now tried with about 4 diffrent patches, a billion dosbox commands and none of it turned out usefull :P its amazing how efficient such an old protection can be ^^ bleh, guess LBA2 on psp is a farfetched dream then.
Old 2008-01-08, 14:32
Magic Ball Master

What needs to be fixed is the imgmount command from DOSBox. Btw, what cd image extension you are using?! Maybe DOSBox could interpreter it differently.

Old 2008-01-08, 14:34

Im using standard .iso format, it works fine if i mount the cd drive using the whole -ioctl -usecd 1 and such, but with imgmount all you have is those few commands :/ and they couldent cut it.
Old 2008-01-10, 12:51

Ok, first of all -> im sorry for the double post :P
Reason i did it is simply because i felt this might actually be worth doing it.
With regards to LBA2 -> i have managed to boot it up and get past the "insert cd" issue, without making any nocd or similar adjustments.

This is however where the sad thing starts :P as of now, it is not possible to play LBA2 on, at least, the psp phat.
Game will boot up, show those fine logos -> but when the intro video should start, it will run out of memory.
It could be that it just cant run the videos, i dont know :P but unless i find a way to bypass those, there will be no luck.

edit: if anyone knows how to bypass videos (even if its removing them somehow :P) please pm me or write it here ^^ it would help my efforts tremendly.

Last edited by Martyvej; 2008-01-10 at 12:57.
Old 2008-01-10, 13:03
Magic Ball Master

Great news, how you did that?!

To solve your problem, try to use this version of VIDEO.HQR made by Obrasilo.

Old 2008-01-10, 13:28

will keep my tricks close till i can get it to work somewhat :P
unfortunately using the v_dos.exe along with the video.hqr makes it refuse to find the cd properly :/ so that moves us back to square one.

edit: ah, had to make a video folder for it to recognize the file.
Anyway, the outcome is still the same though:
*** ERROR-> Not Enough Memory: anim3ds.hqr (See Readme.TXT)

now that i look at it :P it might not be the videos, but rather the whole 3d stuff it cant handle ;D who knows.

Last edited by Martyvej; 2008-01-10 at 13:37.
Old 2008-01-10, 13:33
Magic Ball Master

try to create a VIDEO folder in your LBA2 installation and only past the VIDEO.HQR there. Don't use any patch.

Old 2008-01-10, 13:38

was a bit slow (thought i had hit save) :P read my above comment (right above yours) to see the error, turns it its prolly not the video.

EDIT: Can anyone say LBA2 ingame on psp? oh ya...i can :P all thats left is for me to figure out how to make it play fluidly (im running without sound atm, simply to try and achive decent speeds first.)
Once i get it fluid i'll write up a guide for everyone perhaps even using pictures.

seems achiving perfect speed :P or at least fluid is more or less impossible at this point (at least i havent managed to do it).
Will try activating videos and sound/music again i doubt it will improve speeds (more likely the opposite) but it would be nice to see if it works.

EDIT2003232 (or something close to that): Sound is horrible, main menu has somewhat decent sound and the initial logo screens as well (allthough they load slower) - but once you get ingame it reduces the speed to somewhat around 0.4fps

Last edited by Martyvej; 2008-01-10 at 14:34.
Old 2008-01-10, 20:22
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Send a message via Yahoo to haniaj
please write your guide faster my friend
maybe we could help you for sound and music
i have psp slim maybe it will run good on slim
Old 2008-01-10, 21:00

Then i recommend you look at the new topic i made LBA2 on PSP same forum part topic is right below this one.
Old 2009-07-18, 22:37
First time poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyvej View Post
there is only one thing that i guess is a real annoyance :P allthough it dosent destroy the gameplay in anyway, or the visuals for that matter.
:P the music stops everytime you talk to someone (at least on mine it does), then after about half a minute or so, it usually restarts but whenever you enter the menu, talk to a person or read a sign music will cease.
Oh my goodness, I have the same problem! Did you ever manage to fix it?