Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2004-09-06, 03:53
Hello

Send a message via MSN to Gustav Sweden
Definitely Maybe - 10 years

Today, the 6th september, it is exactly 10 years since Oasis, the world's greatest band ever, released its first album, Definitely Maybe. It's 10 years since pop music changed forever, 10 years since two brothers from Manchester changed the world.

Of course this will be celebrated with a DVD about Definitely Maybe, released today.

If you didnt discover Oasis yet, even though 10 years and 5 albums (Definitely Maybe, Whats The Story, Be Here Now, Standing On The Shoulder Of Giants and Heathen Chemistry, next year a 6th one) have passed, I don't have to disappoint you, the music from Definitely Maybe is still very alive and fresh, and it hasn't aged at all during those 10 years.

K, if you never bothered about this band, try at least to download some of these songs and try it out, give it a chance, you wont regret it!

Some Might Say - (What's The Story? Morning Glory) - A pure pop song, fucking catchy, a classic.

Live Forever - (Definitely Maybe) - This is a slower song, a ballad from the first album that is perhaps the most beautiful of all Oasis songs.

Cum On Feel The Noize - (B-side on the Don't Look Back In Anger single) - This is fucking pure, really noisy, and it really starts you up. So fucking cool!

Champagne Supernova (Whats The Story? Morning Glory) - A classic! A slow ballad, with symphonic elements. Someone said that it makes you high - not on drugs, but on music. 8 minutes long with the intro (track 11 on the album), fabulous!

I Hope I Think I Know - (Be Here Now) - One of the speedier songs, another pure pop song. Fresh, never slows down, Liam makes everyone king!

Acquiesce - (B-side on the Some Might Say single, also released on the B-side album The Masterplan) - Guitar explosion and then one of the best Oasis lyrics.

After listening to this I promise you that your mind will be a lot richer than it was before.

When you discover Oasis you will open up yourself and give in to the best songs ever. Pure rock and pop ballads, they all make you feel the same way (at least the songs from the first 3 albums). You also have to go further, beyond the A-sides, because in its glory, Oasis didn't just place some shit as B-sides as many shit bands do. Instead, some of the B-sides are better than the A-sides and this is one of the things that makes Oasis amazing. When you look back, it's quite astonishing that a band could produce like Oasis did then, back in the middle of the 90s. Noel was totally spitting out the best songs ever in an extreme pace, listen to the B-sides and you will realize how impressive it was.

I just created this thread as a Oasis celebration, 10 years, hope you dont think Im completely nuts, it's just that Oasis is as good as it can get.
Old 2004-09-06, 04:21
Magic Ball Master

I like a lot the Live Forever song. It's really great. I like others song too. Its a nice group.

Btw, I have a friend that is an Oasis fan and he usual use DefinitelyMaybe as nickname

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.
[Discuss]|[Download]|[Changes]|[SourceCode]|[Issues]

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2004-09-06, 04:48
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
Thanks for the recommnedation, I'm downloading them now
Old 2004-09-06, 23:23
Hello

Cool! Sadly, not so many people here seems to like Oasis much.
Old 2004-09-06, 23:29
Magic Ball Master

Yep

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.
[Discuss]|[Download]|[Changes]|[SourceCode]|[Issues]

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2004-09-09, 02:44
LBA fan

I like Oasis, but I think it's really overhyped.
Old 2004-09-09, 10:58
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
I like oasis quite a bit.

Though I once heard they're convinced they're the best band in the world or something.
Old 2004-09-09, 11:05
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
So that's what they think, who cares? Does that make their music any worse?
Old 2004-09-09, 13:43
Neko

Damn my whole reply wasted away by an error.

The collabs with the chems rocked (setting sun and let forever be), the one with death in vegas was cool (scorpio rising) and the one with the prodigy (shootdown) is fantastic. Never really knew oasis before though. Funny how prodigy and oasis first slated eachother and later became friends. Both liams married an apleton and suddenly became brother in law.

It's also ten years ago that the best band in the world released music for the jilted generation. It changed the dance scene forever with classics such as voodoo people and no good. It was a straight no 1 hit and still sounds ahead of this time even. It's a timeless classic that still rocks any club you're at.

I wish oasis beefed up their sound more often or get the chems or liam howlett produce some of their tracks. Liam g's voice sounds quite punk rock but the oasis tracks are often not.

Gonna check out some more of them though
Old 2004-09-09, 20:09
Hello

Headshrinker is a tip if u want a "punky" song by Oasis.

I didnt hear Shootdown, so I will download it.

Quote:
Though I once heard they're convinced they're the best band in the world or something.
Oasis is not just good music, its also great attitude!
Old 2004-09-09, 21:08
Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav Sweden
Headshrinker is a tip if u want a "punky" song by Oasis.

I didnt hear Shootdown, so I will download it.

Oasis is not just good music, its also great attitude!
It's with liam this time. Shootdown is a cheap garage rock kinda thing with dirty bass and beats, with lots of distortion over vocals and liam going nuts. No brilliant lyrics but it packs a punch and I love the feeling of it.

Don't think too many oasis fans will enjoy it ;D