Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

View Poll Results: Does the human race deserve to exist?
Yes 18 66.67%
No 5 18.52%
I don't know 4 14.81%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2003-10-08, 16:39
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
The human race

Well the question in this thread is a bit general..but, when answering, try to talk about the majority of the human race.

So, does the human race deserve to exist?

As for my answer...I think the race sucks..
But it has a lot of good things..a lot of good people in it.
And this race has made such wonderful creations like music, dancing and all kinds of arts.
But we also cause so much suffering, for nothing.
Not to mention we're ruining this planet, the only known planet which can sustain intelligent life.
So, in conclusion, if there was a better race, then yes, humans should 'make room'.
Just think of all the damage we're causing.

I vote 'no'.
This is work of higher intelligences, who take other, esoteric and psychological sciences into account than we are normally used to even consider, numerology being one of them, because everything for them is ritualistic and everything is meant for a deep programming of our psychological state. One day witchcraft and science will collide.
Old 2003-10-08, 18:02
!!!!!

If you think you don't deserve to exist you have some problems, my friend.
Old 2003-10-08, 19:24
Le dictateur

who gets to decide that?
Our standards only exist because we do, so we could not be able to determine whether we deserve to exist, because without us, the whole principle of deserving anything is simply gone.

By whose authority do you claim we have no right to be?
Old 2003-10-08, 19:31
Magic Ball Master

Yes. Through thousands and thousands of species on this planet, humans have evolved to be the dominant and most intelligent species. This has taken a lot of work and effort on behalf of our race. So "yes".

If you say no, would you be happy with yourself neer existing?
Old 2003-10-08, 21:11
I may LOOK innocent

we are bad, yes, and for as long as I live, I will never understand humans. But they do deserve to live, everything does!
Who become unhappy mothers
And fathers of unhappy kids
And why's that?
'Cause they've forgotten how to play
Old 2003-10-08, 21:40
Magic Ball Master

Send a message via AIM to StarmanDX Send a message via MSN to StarmanDX
I voted no, but I changed my mind. (we may be a stupid, stupid, stupid, primitive race, but we may eventually evolve to something great... if we don't destroy each other first)
Old 2003-10-08, 21:56
Hello

Send a message via MSN to Gustav Sweden
I voted "I don't know"
Old 2003-10-08, 22:06
Le dictateur

It is not a case of 'deserving'.
What are your criteria for disallowing people to exist?

whatever they are, they're human motives and you said yourself that human motivation is so evil and so invalid it shouldn't exist.

"Deserving" is a human construct, you can't prove mathematics shouldn't exist with a mathematical formula, because that would have to be right in order to be wrong, and that's impossible.

But, you mean you want all people gone... quite destructively human of you
Old 2003-10-08, 22:43
Still in a dream...

Dude, we're earned our place as the dominant species. We evolved first, we win, the end.
Although, I think we're doing too much damage to the planet. If we carry on, future generations will suffer. Thats not acceptable, no matter what the excuse.
However, I think we deserve it, because, we simply are the smartest known race. We've gained so much in so little time... I mean, in 3000 years we've come from virtually no techonology and primitive ideals, to, space travel, computers..... medicine..... its amazing to think we've come so far. Soon, we'll be living on another planet/moon. We have come really far, and we deserve it.
Old 2003-10-08, 22:44
Party animal

Ok, first of all, my critieria for whether we deserve or not is,
whether we do more benefit than damage.

Try thinking about if objectivley for a moment:
We cause death and destruction, we systematicly kill the animals on this planet, and caused some of them to be extinct. We even kill ourselves for some reason, and we're killing the planet bit by bit.

CF & DF:
ME not existing? who said anything about me?!
I've never killed or injured or tortured or raped or robbed anyone...i don't think i don't deserve to exist.
BUT, most humans don't..imo...so, unfortunatetly, me being one of those funny creatures called humans....i must bear a certain responsibilty for other people's actions.
This is work of higher intelligences, who take other, esoteric and psychological sciences into account than we are normally used to even consider, numerology being one of them, because everything for them is ritualistic and everything is meant for a deep programming of our psychological state. One day witchcraft and science will collide.
Old 2003-10-08, 23:50
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
The question is a bit too simplistic for my taste.

Honestly I couldn't care whether the human race exists or not, but now it's here, why not let it exist. Stupidity mostly solves itself, whether by getting wise or killing each other is the question.
Old 2003-10-09, 00:12
!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Anakin
CF & DF:
Nah that's bush, he just looks like Darkflame
Old 2003-10-09, 01:08
Hello

Send a message via MSN to Gustav Sweden
Quote:
Originally posted by Pandemona
Dude, we're earned our place as the dominant species. We evolved first, we win, the end.
Although, I think we're doing too much damage to the planet. If we carry on, future generations will suffer. Thats not acceptable, no matter what the excuse.
However, I think we deserve it, because, we simply are the smartest known race. We've gained so much in so little time... I mean, in 3000 years we've come from virtually no techonology and primitive ideals, to, space travel, computers..... medicine..... its amazing to think we've come so far. Soon, we'll be living on another planet/moon. We have come really far, and we deserve it.
I am not so sure that we are the smartest known "race" (specie?). We have our own kind of intelligence that is superior to other creatures', but on the other hand many animals have intelligences that we cannot understand.

The biggest gain has been done in the past 150 years, remember that. But it is also during this time that we have caused most shit.

We might not ever see humans living on other planets and moons. we might actually get wiped away before that will be possible. Most probably actually, if mother nature wants the earth to survive. Look what has happened to other very-dominant creatures during history of earth. They have died. And we are not only dominant, we are also destroying this planet. My bet would be that most mammals gets wiped away, although its not anything that Ive thought very much at all upon.

And anakin, you are of course also part of the "destruction" and "evilness" of humans. You dont need to rape or something to be involved in that. You just have to live in our capitalistic modern society and you will be part of destruction and such. There are no easy ways to avoid being a part of it.
Old 2003-10-09, 02:36
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
We deserve to exist just as much as any other creature.

I hate humanity, i really do.
but we are no worse then any other creature.
our inteligence just applifies our faults.

No creature on earth works in harmony with nature, the whole point of nature is millions of species having a giant tug-of-war with resources.

In fact, its neatly self-answering question.
As far as evolution is concerned, we deserve to exist as long as we do exist.

Also, the idea that we can "damage" nature is ignorant really.
We are pathetic, even if all the nukes in the world go off at once, its unlikely we would whipe out a signal species (except possible our own).
Thousand, Million years...no one could tell the difference.

We cant "hurt" the planet, but we might just kill ourselfs...
Old 2003-10-09, 02:42

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
I don't really care.

But if you choose that humans don't deserve to live, then you should comitt yourself to omniside and then suicide so as not be a major hypocrit.

I mean, if you are gonna trully agree to it, you gotta be ready to put a bullet through your head.
Old 2003-10-09, 03:56
dulcet

Send a message via Yahoo to Boo
Wow, what a depressing thread.

the doll masque, laced marionette.
Old 2003-10-09, 08:42
Party animal

Quote:
Originally posted by ChaosFish
Nah that's bush, he just looks like Darkflame
Huh? oh ok...but...i could've sworn...^_^;

------------
Lightwing --> Dude, I repeat...i didn't do anything wrong, i don't think i should die.

Also, let's get one thing clear:

I don't think all humans should die.

We're already here, so, we can't do nothing about it.
It's not like i want a big mass murder or something.

I was asking more in the terms of is it "right" for us to be here..

Yes and i know 'justice' and 'right or wrong' are very subjective words, that differ with opinions.
But some definitions of justice should be universal, don't you think?

Last edited by Reek; 2003-10-09 at 15:44.
Old 2003-10-09, 12:59
Tomorrow burns!

Send a message via MSN to Illumina
I've read a science book I'm ordering. The next predictably stage of our human race after Homo Sapiens is Robo Sapiens.

Three scenarios:
1. Robots extinguish our existence.
2. Robots and humans stand by side.
3. Robot and human synchronize to cyborg.

One of these might be true.
I think that it's wise to question anyone or anything who thinks that they have the answer. The ultimate sum of all natural laws comprise the concept of God. And I'd have to be smarter than I am to describe it. The only way to enjoy life is to enjoy it and not to try to spend your time to deconstruct it. Ultimately, on the most of tombstones it should read: "Humans: Fretted, worried, prayed, procreated, sacrificed, died anyway." - Devin Townsend
Old 2003-10-09, 17:38
Le dictateur

Or 4: Robots try to take over, but because of resistance, they're forced to send one of them back in time to become governor of California

Quote:
Originally posted by Anakin
Yes and i know 'justice' and 'right or wrong' are very subjective words, that differ with opinions.
But some definitions of justice should be universal, don't you think?
No. And even those qualities that we do call universal, have all originated from a human perspective. You cannot say something is too vile to be allowed to exist if you base that on a reasoning that came from that same vile evil, because you say that their judgement is not relevant.

You can't say "Maths are completely wrong, because of this mathematical formula"
Old 2003-10-09, 18:49
Party animal

Ack, good point...
Actually, the definition of justince that is accpeted with most humans is pretty good...MOST humans believe in that definition of justice (which can be summed in: "don't cause suffering")
But most humans don't abide by that definition. Odd.
Old 2003-10-09, 20:13

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
Quote:
Originally posted by Cloneguy
Or 4: Robots try to take over, but because of resistance, they're forced to send one of them back in time to become governor of California

HAHAH! That actually makes sense.
Old 2003-10-09, 23:02
A prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloneguy
That's so funny

Anyway, to get back on topic:

I think that we are here as a dominant species because we earned our right to be like that. Therefore we deserve to exist.

I don't think that mass destruction has anything to do with it, just survival of the fittest, nature man. As long as we don't destroy our own species in any way possible (and maybe we might be doing so by giving the weakest of our species a chance to survive, in turn making them spread their weak genes, polluting our species) we should definetely exist. And if another species comes to take control that's fine (we will fight of course) but if they destroy us we don't have the right to live anymore because we are redundant. Like many species before us.
Are belongs to you
Old 2003-10-09, 23:53
Le dictateur

Are you proposing violence and eugenics? Sounds Nazi-like to me.

Ypu know, sterilizing handicappeds because they pollute the species and saying that you earned the right to boss people around because you're the strongest...

These things are things I don't like about the human race (actually, we're not a race, but a species)
Old 2003-10-10, 00:31
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Nazi's gave eugenics a bad name.

Like it or not, we have to face it sometime.
Probably sometime when we are forced to put population controlls on the world.
(sorry to brake anyones illusion but that has to happen sometime).

The sooner we start using eugenics and population controllers the "nicer" it can be.

For instance, we could say:
Everyone can have two children, but only ones that forfill certain criteria can have a third.
(criteria determained by a mass vote my the majoirity...things like stregth, speed, IQ...nothing that cant be showen to be benficial to humanitys servival. ect)

One that should be put in NOW is simple:

Pre-mediated Murder's, Rapers and Serious Sexual offenders should be sterilised. (this works on many levels)

You see? it dosnt have to be contraviesal, theres a few things which im sure everyone would agree with.
Old 2003-10-10, 03:42
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkflame
Nazi's gave eugenics a bad name.

Like it or not, we have to face it sometime.
Probably sometime when we are forced to put population controlls on the world.
(sorry to brake anyones illusion but that has to happen sometime).

The sooner we start using eugenics and population controllers the "nicer" it can be.

For instance, we could say:
Everyone can have two children, but only ones that forfill certain criteria can have a third.
(criteria determained by a mass vote my the majoirity...things like stregth, speed, IQ...nothing that cant be showen to be benficial to humanitys servival. ect)

One that should be put in NOW is simple:

Pre-mediated Murder's, Rapers and Serious Sexual offenders should be sterilised. (this works on many levels)

You see? it dosnt have to be contraviesal, theres a few things which im sure everyone would agree with.

Dude!
That is fucked up!
Please tell me you were being sarcastic!