Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2010-11-06, 20:46
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Attention UK: Mysterious "Foundation X" to save economy O_o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaA-5...ayer_embedded#!

wtf.

Is this the biggest spam-email fraud ever, or is the Illuminati helping us out?
Old 2010-11-06, 21:31
the hobbits to Otringal

No such thing as free money. Unless u make it worthless..hehe.

But yeah weird these weird kinda talks are public.

http://forum.magicball.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2558&dateline=1285864225
Old 2010-11-06, 22:47
The return of

I can't believe this is real

Govt decision regarding the proposal here.

Foundation X? I can't think of many organizations/corporation/individuals rich enough to be capable of pumping £20 Billion interest free into any account/coffer, save maybe some of the financial dynasty families, who none of us know their true worth anyway (Rothschild rumored to be worth in the 100's of billions and up to several trillion, Abu Dhabi (Royal Family controlled) has a reserve of up to $800 Billion).

This smells of fresh organic bullshit
Old 2010-11-06, 23:29
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Certainly smells of bullshit, but still doesn't seem totally implausible if its a collection of big-buisness's rather then just 1 source.

Also, I don't think they are calling themselves foundation X, that just seems to be the name used in these discussions.

One simple solution would be for the UK just to have a donation box account - Let anyone pay into anonymously and the money goes to writing of the debt. If this is real, they can pay into that. If not, its open for anyone else to make small or large contributions.
(If I remember correctly, the UK pays more in interest repayments then education or defense...paying the debt of would thus have clear benefits).
Old 2010-11-06, 23:42
the hobbits to Otringal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkflame View Post
Certainly smells of bullshit, but still doesn't seem totally implausible if its a collection of big-buisness's rather then just 1 source.

Also, I don't think they are calling themselves foundation X, that just seems to be the name used in these discussions.

One simple solution would be for the UK just to have a donation box account - Let anyone pay into anonymously and the money goes to writing of the debt. If this is real, they can pay into that. If not, its open for anyone else to make small or large contributions.
(If I remember correctly, the UK pays more in interest repayments then education or defense...paying the debt of would thus have clear benefits).
It would just mean money will be worth less. Can't cheat on such a scale. Its what they call perverting a currency, I think.

http://forum.magicball.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2558&dateline=1285864225
Old 2010-11-07, 00:14
LBA fan

Wait, he admitted to laundering billions of terrorist money...?
Old 2010-11-07, 00:17
Classic

Odysseus - What would mean money would be worth less
Not quite understanding what you are saying....I was just suggesting that a "donation box" account could be set up allowing anyone to help pay the debt of. I don't see how thats cheating or devaluing the currency.
I wasn't suggestion, for example, they just print more money off.
Old 2010-11-07, 00:18
Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medur View Post
Wait, he admitted to laundering billions of terrorist money...?
He says he was told to by the Bank of England.
Old 2010-11-07, 00:33
the hobbits to Otringal

Quote:
Odysseus - What would mean money would be worth less
Not quite understanding what you are saying....I was just suggesting that a "donation box" account could be set up allowing anyone to help pay the debt of. I don't see how thats cheating or devaluing the currency.
I wasn't suggestion, for example, they just print more money off.
Big injections like that for no interest? Are you kidding? Gifts for doing nothing at all? Messing up even?
That undermines the idea of money itself. I don't see so much what the difference would be with printing more of it. Might be even worse, lol. (I don't know the details of your plan tho. :P

Old 2010-11-07, 01:55
Classic

umm...not at all.
We already give a "gift" to the government in the form of tax. This would be exactly like giving them more of it, only voluntarily and without the fuss. Just like donating to charity...only in this case, the country is the charity. (depressing though that is).

Unlike printing currency, money donated would have already been earn't ver work-done, so it isn't "free". It just means rather then, say, going towards a new tv, it goes towards paying of a previously accumulated debt. So it isn't messing up the idea of money itself.
(something I feel the government does/allows in many ways anyway -sigh-)

Now, arguably, on a mass scale, if many people did donate, this would reduce consumer spending a smidge as people donating would have less to spend. But I'd argue this isn't a bad thing, as buying stuff we can't afford (as a society) is the core of the problem anyway.
Old 2010-11-07, 02:35
the hobbits to Otringal

Quote:
umm...not at all.
We already give a "gift" to the government in the form of tax. This would be exactly like giving them more of it, only voluntarily and without the fuss. Just like donating to charity...only in this case, the country is the charity. (depressing though that is).

Unlike printing currency, money donated would have already been earn't ver work-done, so it isn't "free". It just means rather then, say, going towards a new tv, it goes towards paying of a previously accumulated debt. So it isn't messing up the idea of money itself.
(something I feel the government does/allows in many ways anyway -sigh-)

Now, arguably, on a mass scale, if many people did donate, this would reduce consumer spending a smidge as people donating would have less to spend. But I'd argue this isn't a bad thing, as buying stuff we can't afford (as a society) is the core of the problem anyway.
We dont know what/where/who X is so there isnt much to say about it i guess.

The core problem might be that the "money" spend was never going around anyway.

Old 2010-11-10, 18:13
Classic

In foundation X's case that is true.
If the money exists, its as bonds apparently backed by Gold....which is more "real" then most money these days. Putting that money back into circulation would certainly be a good thing. But, its very optimistic to think its true.

Just for some sense of scale though, to show it isn't impossible, I notice GM moters in the US just posted profits of £1.3 billion for one quater of a year.

If a group of these big company's did suddenly decide to be benevolent they could help a encomy pretty easily.
Old 2010-11-23, 17:25
strange dreamer

Ok, so I've watched the whole vid, read all links posted in this thread, and yet I still don't have a clue what this foundation X is.

One theory, though: since we are living each time more and more digitally/virtually, could it be possible that this money is fake, as in just numbers? how can one really evaluate if the money exists, if it's just made of numbers passing from one account to the other?

I know you mentioned the gold, but, so would that mean this donation would be in the form of physical, gold bars, and trucks loaded with them, handling it to the government?

Really, I am quite confused.
A few years ago, under the guise of protecting the population, Dr. FunFrock herded the planet's habitants into the southern hemisphere. The repression is harsh. Every day brings more and more arrests, and the people slowly begin to lose hope. In an effort to keep their spirits up, the people sometimes evoke an ancient legend along with the name of a goddess, Sendell. The mentioning of the legend or Sendell has since been forbidden by Dr. FunFrock. Meanwhile... a young quetch named Twinsen has been having strange dreams...
Quote:
" If you have no success with one type of behaviour, try another. " - LBA 2 Manual
Old 2010-11-23, 22:25
Classic

Well, even gold-backed money is impossible to prove if its real or not until the money (presumably in the form of certificates) is handed over.
Theoretically, the "holder" of the money knows of its existence..ie, the bank, but given there is thousands of banks in the world, and a lot of very rich company's and millionaires, as well as strict confidentiality agreements, you can hardly check each and every one to see who has what money.

The money could well be "fake"....it could all just be a complete wind-up. A practical joke gone way to far.
On the other hand, it could be real. Its not impossible for a rich coalition to decide to help a country, and its very hard to disprove anyone has these funds, especially when the person claiming to have them is staying pretty anominious.

So in short; maybe. We dont know.
At the very least they should look into who was contacting him. Even a scam should be investigated.

Last edited by Darkflame; 2010-11-23 at 22:51.