Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Projects > The Relentless Movie project

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Relentless Movie project The general for of The Relentless Movie Project. The goal of this project is to make a CG movie of Relentless.

Old 2006-12-23, 13:25
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Spheros required...

Quote:
We need a model of a generic Sphero, not a specific charecter. Must be too a style consistant with the rest of the charecters, and agreed on the main forum to fit in well.
http://el-muerte.student.utwente.nl/~rmp/tasks.php

Created by TheHen.

Personaly, Im not too keen on this model, as it dosnt fit well into the style of the others.
What does everyone else think?
Does anyone want to try to make a better one?

Like the others, Id recomend reading this thread if you wish to model:
http://forum.magicball.net/showthread.php?t=11128

Thanks
Old 2007-01-01, 20:17

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
You should really agree on the style in the concept art before the style of the actual 3d models. That's what those sticky threads are for.
Old 2007-01-01, 20:33
Magic Ball Master

You somehow have got many threads regarding the same subject.
Old 2007-01-02, 11:46
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Not if you read the threads.
--
Quote:
You should really agree on the style in the concept art before the style of the actual 3d models. That's what those sticky threads are for.
You are correct, but the forum was dead, and I dont think we will get much furthor discusing this stuff alone.
It is a requirement on the Task Assignment system that all styles of charecters must match.
With the most-agreed apon final charecter being the Rabbi-bunny I would suggest all other species try to match the same style.
Old 2007-01-07, 15:20
Your God

Send a message via ICQ to Phoenix
What's the status of this project, what's been done in the way of actual animation since i've been gone, about 3/4 years.
Old 2007-01-07, 18:30

We have an animatic for the first 5 minutes of the movie. It's difficult to progress anywhere when the enthusiasm is so low, myself included.
Old 2007-01-07, 22:32
Your God

Send a message via ICQ to Phoenix
Is this available? Would like to see what you've got.

I had an email from RMP recently so assumed it was still underway.

I'm unsuprised enthusiasm has dropped off, people get jobs, life gets busier and you run out of time to do such things.
Old 2007-01-07, 23:42

I don't know. I think sometimes when you're really passionate about something you may find more time than you think you had. The people at Phoenix Online Studios made a fanbased sequel to the King's Quest series and is claimed to rival most "proffessional" adventure games. I don't think any of us are as excited about the project as we used to be. The fact that we live hundreds or thousands of miles apart doesn't help either.

______

You'll have to ask Darkflame for the animatic. It's his domain.

I'm currently working on the screenplay and concept designs for Dino-Fly. Will model and rig him in Maya sometime in the next few weeks.

Last edited by Lightwing; 2007-01-08 at 00:04.
Old 2007-01-08, 01:26
Classic

All true things.

Phoenix - Its good to see you again!

I am still enthusastic for this project, I often visulise in my head ideas for sequences and looks of things.
The problem is I make a living doing 3D freelance, and I just cant get motivated too do much in my freetime as well.

I do know however, that once I put my mind to something and get in the "Rmp mood" I get a burst of stuff done. This only happens once a year or something however >_<

You can see the animatic/block animation if you wish, but dont expect too much. (I'll pm you after writting this post).

Lightwing ~ Good to hear your still working on dinofly, cant wait to see him

I get the feeling a bit that the more charecters that are done, the easier the others will become.
Old 2007-01-08, 06:36

One of my classes for this semester is "Character Modeling & Rigging."

I decided that one of my three projects should be something for RMP, this way it's sure to get done. (A character, not RMP I'm afraid).