Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2008-08-13, 18:50
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echomote View Post
I loved that game!

That's actually got some relevance to this topic, i've always pulled the Starshot CD out every now and then only to find out that it wouldn't run. Turns out the CD was just damaged because I finally managed to find it on some obscure Russian forum and it worked fine! You can even use a GLIDE emulator with almost no problems, I think that should be something to be proud of nowadays.

The PC version crushes the N64 version! If you're interested, I ripped the soundtrack for the game.

Last edited by Ravey; 2008-08-13 at 19:01.
Old 2008-08-13, 18:53
a well established member

Send a message via MSN to Echomote
I never knew it was for PC! I don't want to play it again incase it ruins my good memories of the game - if you get what I mean? :s
Old 2008-08-13, 18:55
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echomote View Post
I never knew it was for PC! I don't want to play it again incase it ruins my good memories of the game - if you get what I mean? :s
Yeah, I know. Apparently the game wasn't that great and really missed the wave of the first 3D platformers... But if you played the N64 version, the PC version was actually much better it seems. It runs at a solid 60FPS, had CGI cutscenes and full voice acting... The guy who voiced Starshot also voiced Psycho Mantis in Metal Gear Solid!

Definately underrated... Some of the reviewers like FiringSquad were very biased which is a shame.

I would've liked a sequel or even for a digital redistribution, there are barely any platformers on the PC.

Last edited by Ravey; 2008-08-13 at 19:17.