Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Projects > The Relentless Movie project

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Relentless Movie project The general for of The Relentless Movie Project. The goal of this project is to make a CG movie of Relentless.

Old 2001-09-22, 21:27
Lauren...

Yes, that's true Atresica. But these quote's were from 2 different books. And it will always be a translation of the (original) French text, so it could be misinterpreted.

Intensity
Integrity
Intelligence

The 100.000th post on the MBN is made by me!
Old 2001-09-22, 21:42
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
Not only that. It wasn't only French but he wrote in many different languages. Also, his writings were writen in riddles which interpretations are diffeculd.

As for the 7 kings of mongoles. I think he ment that 7 of some great danger would come, not real mongoles
Old 2001-09-22, 21:46
LBA fan

oh well...
we can´t say anything, since we don´t even know if Nostradamus was only one person.
Some people believe that there was no Nostradamus, he was an incarnation of some maçonic entities, and the name is Nostradamus > Damusnostra (we give our, in latin languages - give our intelligence maybe)
I readed it in Nostradamus and The Secret of the Centuries (title translated from portuguese)
Old 2001-09-22, 22:40
Lauren...

Quote:
Originally posted by Atresica
Not only that. It wasn't only French but he wrote in many different languages. Also, his writings were writen in riddles which interpretations are diffeculd.
Yes, that's very true. He was very cryptic in his verses.

Intensity
Integrity
Intelligence

Old 2001-09-22, 23:34
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
HS, you sig rules. Ossdorp RULES!
(for those who don't know them, they are one of the few Rap/Hiphop bands that actually say something, perhabs I can find a good translation of one of their songs somewhere)

Anyway, I think most of these 'predicaments' you find now on the web are altered to fit in the WTC affair.
Old 2001-09-23, 11:28
Magic Level: Green Ball

Exclamation Interpretation

I believe my sig. is an interpretation of Nostradamus' prophecies by Dolores Cannon!
Not the real text, it was just trying to find out what he meant and fitted in with what's happening.
---------------
Oh yeah! I've nearly finished the Temple of Bu scene. Hopefully by tonight I'll have typed up both of the scenes: Trip to the White Leaf Desert and The Temple of Bu.
Old 2001-09-23, 11:53
Old , grey and Uncle

Send a message via ICQ to Fromsej
Homer please translate into English , my Dutch is a "little rusty".
Let it be.
"Beatles"
Old 2001-09-23, 11:55
Lauren...

Quote:
Originally posted by Atresica
HS, you sig rules. Osdorp RULES!
(for those who don't know them, they are one of the few Rap/Hiphop bands that actually say something, perhabs I can find a good translation of one of their songs somewhere)
Yes, they rule big time! When I first heard their first cd (Osdorp Stijl, from 1992), I was sold! I heard their first cd in 1997 (in '92 I was 7) And now I'm a 'die hard OP fan'.

And again for those who don't know them: They were the first to rap in Dutch (in 1989). Everyone just laughed at them, because "you just don't rap in Dutch" (including fake-asses like Extince and Def Rhymz). Like Def P. says in a parody called 'Braakwater' on a little hit of Extince called "Spraakwater" (Sorry for the non-Dutch people):

"Vroeger deed je alles Engels vanaf het begin,
maar nou is Nederhop in en springt er middenin.
Met je brave ABN, klaar voor de top 40,
Heel slim zakenmannetje, maar erg smerig!"

Anyway, I'm going offtopic, so go check to OP homepage and make sure you download a few mp3's of them on their site (They're legal, but the best songs are on their 8 cd's):
Osdorp Posse homepage

On-topic then ---> Sethronn: Great work on the Temple!

Intensity
Integrity
Intelligence

Old 2001-09-23, 12:03
Lauren...

Quote:
Originally posted by fromsej
Homer please translate into English , my Dutch is a "little rusty".
Sorry for posting twice, but this is what my sig says (in English it doesn't rhyme anymore):

Don't threaten us and don't try to bribe us,
Because when you betray your friends, then the end is near.
But, "we kregen stank voor dank (= a Dutch expression, which means something like ---> your work isn't appreciated)
They didn't believe us, maybe we are too white (a parody on the English rap ---> like 'nigga's from the hood'. And the racism, that also black people discriminatie white people).

I think in English it isn't THAT cool anymore (mostly because of the rhyme), but the message is clear!

Intensity
Integrity
Intelligence

Old 2001-09-23, 14:55
ooh ha ha!

Atre: The are alot of hiphop groups with a message but if you are listening to commercial hiphop like Dr Dre and Puff Daddy/P Diddy whatever it's only about who earn most money, rhyme best and got the most expensive cars and most chicks ect...
Old 2001-09-23, 16:50
Lauren...

Quote:
Originally posted by Alchemist
Atre: The are alot of hiphop groups with a message but if you are listening to commercial hiphop like Dr Dre and Puff Daddy/P Diddy whatever it's only about who earn most money, rhyme best and got the most expensive cars and most chicks ect...
Well, I agree with you on P. Diddy, but YOU CALL Dr. Dre commercial????? Do you remember the time when he was with nWa??? He isn't commercial, I tell you. He's one of the few who didn't make concessions like all the other 'hiphoppers of today'. Like Eminem and his D12... Tjeeez, Purple HILLS??? Come on, you just don't alter your text, when you really like your music. But Dr. Dre is an example of 'the American Dream'. I admit, he isn't as good as Gradmaster Flash, or Melle Mel, but he's one of the few hiphoppers who earns the respect of people. Especially when he was with nWa. Anyone remembers the cd: Straight outta Compten? It isn't really commercial, he?

But for the rest, you're absolutely right. You throw some chicks in your clips and whoppa in the top 10 you are. I really don't watch that much MTV/TMF/The Box, but I saw clips from JaRule(?), Nelly, and other fake ass hiphoppers, only nudity scores. All of them are bitches (No offence, to 'normal' girls) shake there asses and there: You've got a money making clip. The absolute top of 'commercial people' are these little boys who have 'instant hits'. Like: Li'l bow wow/Little Romeo. Who has ever heard of THEM? Then: Lil bow wow just rips music from 'back in the days' and claims it as his own. (Yes, that 'bow wow wow, jippie yo, jippie ye). That is such an old song!

And then, when I watched TV in january 2001, I see: "Buy the cd of Eminem, he's the HIPHOP SENSATION of the year! And then 3 months later, a commercial: Buy Nelly, he's the HIPHOP SENSATION of the year! THEY are commercial!
But anyway, just watch the clip:

Bubbelbad, from Def P. & The Beatbusters

Which will come out in a month or so. It's a parody on these 'chick clips'. (Hmm, it looks like Def P. only writes parody's, but that isn't true at all).
Later people!

P.S. I didn't say all girls are bitches (especially not the MBN girls, like Atresica), but these in the musicvideo's all are.

Intensity
Integrity
Intelligence

Old 2001-09-23, 17:02
Old , grey and Uncle

Send a message via ICQ to Fromsej
I too like some of the rapmusic.
Eminem "Marshall Mathers " is ok and Will Smith is great , also because he don´t use bad language in his songs.
I like WS as an actor too.
In Denmark we have a few too , some of them are funny but it is very Danish about beer and party and completely hopeless to translate into english , so please don´t ask me to do that.
Greetings from:
Fromsej
Let it be.
"Beatles"
Old 2001-09-23, 20:40
What is this place?

I don't mind bad language as long they don't try to be cool with it.

I also know that there are more rap groups that tell 'interesting things' but they are seldom in compair to the popular groups

HS, I know what you mean. I also consider those 'women' as bitches.
Old 2001-09-23, 20:47
Lauren...

Phew Atresica, glad you feel the same way , these clip women are only good for one thing....

And that's being in the clip so the clip 'scores'. Aaaah, the musicbusiness is so lame...
But, for all the Dutch people, watch 'Bubbelbad' when it comes out.

Intensity
Integrity
Intelligence