Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2004-11-10, 20:36
Magic Ball Master

Yeah, the game's performance sucked on my previous computer (Athlon 1200 MHz, 512 MB SDRAM, GF2gts 32 MB).

I bought the game though, so at least I'm supporting it (it was ridiculously cheap).
Old 2004-11-10, 21:33
Look beyond reality.

A dutch game site even dared to use the name 'LBA3' for this game...

Almost every dutch site I am known of witch has reviews about BG&E all agree this has allmost thesame feeling as LBA...

Though I don't really think so. But I liked LBA, and I like BG&E also very much, so I think there must be a connection of some sort between them..
Old 2004-11-10, 21:54
Woof!

IMO there are a lot of connections!
Before I heard anything about BG&E that had to do with LBA or so, I thought so myself
Spoilers Ahead:

1. The Blue flying Snakes are basically the same enemy as the monsters from the Undergas in LBA2
2. Base on the Moon
3. Corrupt Government
4. Kidnapping of Children
5. Rebels behind a closet, standing around a table. (the room with the Stairs and the Table in that way looks a lot like the Dissidents Room in LBA2)

And what I found really funny was when I looked at the drawings of children in the Firehouse; a ball with feet (sphero?) and something that looked like a sausage on legs (Franco?). Pure coincidence but I thought it was pretty funny
And the game's atmosphere was really LBA like anyway, but that's probably because of the Guards patrolling the street, Corrupt Government and the feeling that you are rebelling against the Government.

Loved the game
Old 2004-11-10, 22:59
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Indeed.
I'm sure some of the games designers played LBA actualy.

dont forget the animal/human hybred aspex too

Quote:
I have Athlon XP 2600+, 512MB RAM, and GeForce FX5200 128MB, and the game was rather nasty in intense scenes, even after I changed to 800x600.
Really O_O
Im sure glade I got a console version then.
(that and a controlls are better)
Old 2004-11-11, 00:19

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
I didn't get the same feeling as with LBA, but I could definetly see how other people might. And it's not the plot, it's the character interaction. The way the characters in BGE communicate seemed a lot like the way it was done in the LBAs.

BGE is a children's game? For a childlike game, it explores a lot of mature/important moral issues (i.e. loss of loved ones, your personal identity, sacrifice in the name of love and friendship) that you would never be able to find in "adult" games like Vice City.
Old 2004-11-11, 00:29
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
indeed.
Children want "mature" games, violent, bloody...because they think it makes them seem older.
Older peoples dont care about looking older, so they can go for games with "true" dark themes.
Old 2004-11-11, 01:35
Magic Ball Master

I can see the similarities between LBA and BG&E, but when playing it doesn't feel like it at all. Where LBA2 (my first LBA) got me hooked from the very start, BG&E doesn't do the same thing to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkflame
Really O_O
Don't overestimate a GF FX 5200.

Last edited by wacko; 2004-11-11 at 01:45.
Old 2004-11-11, 02:07

True. There's something missing about BGE that just doesn't push you to a level of suspence. I can't quite put my finger on it. I mean, from the way the game is presented, with the music and cool cut-scenes, it SHOULD be easy to get hooked on. *shrugs*

On the other hand, I've been playing BGE for the second time now and it IS more interesting. Maybe it's one of those things, where, the more you play/watch it the more interesting it gets each time.
Old 2004-11-11, 03:36
Classic

LBA hocked you because it was the first time you played something like that.
BG&E cant hocked you for the same reason, because it dosnt seem as "fresh".

Quote:
Originally Posted by wacko
I can see the similarities between LBA and BG&E, but when playing it doesn't feel like it at all. Where LBA2 (my first LBA) got me hooked from the very start, BG&E doesn't do the same thing to me.

Don't overestimate a GF FX 5200.
It dosnt mater how it proforms against other cards,
The GF5200 is more then good enough compared to the stuff in a PS2.

No, clearly the pc version of the game either use's vastely more polygons (which somehow dont show up in screens), or its very inefficiently coded.
I would bet on the second.
The game, though one of my favorates this year, seems rushed in places.
Maybe they didnt have time to tweak the pc build to run well.
Its well knowen for having bugs on all versions as well
Old 2004-11-11, 04:28

I am still shoked at how heavily underastimated this game is. Seriously, I am. Althought not my favorite, Beyond Good and Evil is one of the best games I have ever played. Some scenes, like the live-gamplay of Jade running away from the Alpha forces in a cinema-like executed sequence, are absolutely eye-popping.
Old 2004-11-11, 04:40
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightwing
On the other hand, I've been playing BGE for the second time now and it IS more interesting. Maybe it's one of those things, where, the more you play/watch it the more interesting it gets each time.
It might indeed. Some (if not most) of my favourite games are the best when played for the 2nd time. Same for some books and movies.
Old 2004-11-11, 09:53
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
Quote:
I am still shoked at how heavily underastimated this game is. Seriously, I am. Althought not my favorite, Beyond Good and Evil is one of the best games I have ever played. Some scenes, like the live-gamplay of Jade running away from the Alpha forces in a cinema-like executed sequence, are absolutely eye-popping.
That was absolutely brilliant.
I do think BG&E is one of the most refreshing games since a while
Old 2004-11-11, 14:32
Look beyond reality.

Yes, but on the other side, this game reminds me of lba3, and then I'm angry at the same time, becouse I will not let this game take place of LBA3...

Lba3 will never come, but still, this game remainds me of it...
Old 2004-11-12, 00:39
Classic

Quote:
Agreed on both counts.
It was that sequence, amongst others, that drove me to play the game a second time straight away