Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2004-08-26, 11:35
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
PeaceKeeper Wars

If you can hear me? 'Beware!'

If I make it back? 'Will they follow?'
If I open the door? 'Are you ready?'
Earth is unprepared, 'Helpless'
For the nightmares, 'I've seen'
Or should I stay? 'Protect my home?'
Not show them, 'You exist?'
But then you'll never know, 'The wonders I've seen!'
Stream:
Download:

PeaceKeeper Wars ~ Oct 17th 2004
Old 2004-08-26, 14:20
Little Bastard Warrior.

No idea, but I'll download. (Okay I'm dumb, but so what)
Old 2004-08-26, 20:25
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
Yaaaaaay
Old 2004-08-26, 20:41
Hello

Send a message via MSN to Gustav Sweden
what?
Old 2004-08-26, 21:49
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
half the fun is watching peoples response's
Old 2004-08-26, 22:20
Magic Ball Master

Farscape guys, Farscape (to those who don't know).
Old 2004-08-26, 22:22
Little Bastard Warrior.

Yes the show DF keeps babling about, despite it isn't shown in many country (Well, not in Denmark). In fact, I've never heard of it before DF mentioned it. Is it better than stargate-SG1?
Old 2004-08-26, 23:46

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
Ten TIMES better than SG1.
Old 2004-08-27, 01:50

SG1 has lowsy script, a bunch of overused cliches, unoriginal plot, and occasional bad acting.

A true disgrace to the original film.

What more is there to say?
Old 2004-08-27, 05:26

The acting in SG1 isn't bad (as far as the main cast goes), but it primarily applies to the guest stars. And since every episode contains a fair amount, you find plenny a bad ones along the way.

I don't have a copy of the script with me, but from the many eps I saw of SG1, the layout of the script is quite unrealistic/unbelievable. People just say things that one would never say. And also, you get a lot of these characters that try to talk in this "upper style", 19th centure english, whatever you want to call it.

Yeh, the "lost in space" theme is a cliche. Only, in Farscape, that theme is just the dim surface of it. I was pleased to see that the actual plot surrounded completely different things.

SG1 isn't really all that bad. It's that, to me, when you compare almost any TV series to Farscape, it seems like lightyears away in quality.
Old 2004-08-27, 10:23
Classic

Farscape is 10 times better then SG1...and i honestly say i like SG1 a lot more then Lightwing

eg.
Did Sg1 have an eppisode where half of it was a Cartoon?
Did Sg1 have an eppisode where the hero gets cloned and and the clone *stays in the series* (for quite a while at least)? (and no, he wasnt an evil clone either).
Did Sg1 have an eppisode where a starship gives birth?

Farscape is the polar opersite to cliché, they take clichés set it up as if they are going to use them....but then take a completely different an unexpected route.

Heck, there have been other series where the hero is "lost in space"...but how many when the hero actualy arrives home in the "real" (post Sept-11th) world?
And is there a big cover-up...err...nope.

Just about every other show would have the aliens hidding or such..with Farscape they apear on national tv, advertising shopping products and such

Oh, and the biggest thing that makes Farscape, imo, better then stuff like "star trek" is that Aliens of the same species *act differently*.
Theres not this dumb mono-culture for whole planets. Thats also reflected in the vastely suppiour make-up too.
(not every one is a human with a different shaped fore-head
I sware Star Trek will end when they run out of head-shapes)
Old 2004-08-27, 13:10
Magic Ball Master

I don't watch either show religiously (allow this is somewhat bad for Farscape, it's not the kind of show that is best when just randomly watched) I can agree that Farscape is better, although I rather like Stargate SG1 as well. I always thought the whole premise of having Moya, a living ship, was pretty nifty. As far as I can recall they dealt with it a lot in the first few series or so (I think). They used to mention it in the intro as well.
Old 2004-08-27, 14:17
Little Bastard Warrior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkflame
Did Sg1 have an eppisode where the hero gets cloned and and the clone *stays in the series* (for quite a while at least)? (and no, he wasnt an evil clone either).
Actually yes, the entire Sg-1 team was cloned... well actually they were robotic copies. None of them were evil and they were alive for quite an amount of episodes... althrough they only appeared in two.

Well there are some dumb things in Stargate. Like that EVERY SINGLE ancient culture is from space. But I suppose the reason I really like it, is that it's so different from any other TV show I've seen. The only other sci-fi TV show I've seen is Star trek. And I understand were to start there, it seems like there are so many spin-offs and stuff.
-----------------

Oh and that ship giving birth, well I read a comic (The metabaron, or something) were there was a huge living ship. I guess if there was gonna be others like it, they would have to give birth.
Old 2004-08-27, 22:11
Classic

I too saw those eppisodes, but didnt count them as
a) they wernt *in* the series, only for two eppisodes.
And b) The second eppisode sucked, imo

(incidently,i have seen all of Sg1 upto mid season 7, im aware there is an Oniel clone alive somewhere...but again, 1 eppisode and its all "back to normal").

As for Sg1 being different...not really.

Sg1 to me, seems actualy very close to Sliders.
Ok, its different planets not other demensions...but the basic story set up is the same.

Team goes though big wobbly wormhole, arives in a new place, helps people,then leaves
You could go further and say thats a simerlar set up to Dr Who.

As i said, i like Sg1..and i even saw a few good ideas in "Atlantus"...but they simply not on the same scale as Farscape

===
Yes, there was a living ship in Star Trek as well.
("Tin man" the eppisode was called).
However, you never saw it give birth.

Farscape it was kinda criticial and part of an ongoing storyline.
(the "child" was a hybred with a species the big ship wasnt supposed to mate with, for one...also the "child" kinda argued with its parent a bit....)

Farscape is, quite simply, everything star trek is not
It is, imo, one of the most original and highest-quality programs on tv.

Peacekeeper war isnt just a much needed continuation, its also a testiment to the power of fans and the internet.
Farscape was canceled after season 4...dispite the creators being contracted for season 4 and 5.
Due to some dodgy legal stuff, Sci-Fi got out of their contract. (They split season 4 so it was "two seasons"...)

This meant there was lots of plot threads left hanging, and no season to resolve them.

Hence, www.savefarscape.com
Easily the biggest most effective mass protest on the net.

It worked.
Well, half worked.
Hence season 5 is now a mini-series.

With enough viewers Farscape can continue as it deserves too, thats why im trying everything i can to premote it.

Its worth watching, trust me.
Old 2004-08-28, 01:51

From the interviews of Brian Henson, he's really bent on contuing the Farscape saga with more than just a mini-series. I don't know how much of it is possible. It all depends on the results of the mini-series. I would watch it, except that having not seen 6/7 of all the series, it would be a giant spoiler for me.
Old 2004-08-28, 13:18
Classic

Yes, they obviously value the brand as it was just about the only thing they didnt sale to disney

Talking of which, theres a new Muppet movie being made based on the Wizard of Oz.
Dispite being a huge muppet fan, i dont have high hopes.
Old 2004-08-28, 14:48
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
Well, I don't know about that film, at one side it features second-rated R&B stars but on the other hand Tarantino will be in it too

Kill Kermit perhaps? (sorry, I couldn't resist it)
Old 2004-08-28, 15:38
Little Bastard Warrior.

The tarantino? Okay, screw never having seen the tv show, I'm watching this.
Old 2004-08-28, 17:22
What is this place?

I'm talking about the new Muppets here dude
Old 2004-08-28, 18:09
Classic

Yes, but he apperently is only a guest at the start

If he was directing part of it though...

/me pictures the screen filled with muppet fluff everywhere.
Old 2004-10-05, 04:14

More great news!!!!!

For those of you who have Sci-Fi, you'll be happy to find out that it'll be showing AT LEAST 8 episodes of FarScape each day, until Oct 16! This is really great, and I'll definetly try to catch with the series.

The bad part of it is that, from looking over the schedule, it seems that most of the episodes are mixed up. In other words, the series isn't presented in a chronological order. I have no idea as to why Sci-Fi would do this. Maybe those dorks just have no idea in what order the episodes run.
Old 2004-10-05, 12:56
Classic

oh well, thats something at least
Old 2004-10-05, 17:34

Well, I ckecked with the official site, and it turns out that many of the episodes ARE in order, with just a few ones out of place.

This is a chance for all of you people with Cable/Dish to catch up on Farscape before the Oct 17 Premier of Peacekeeper Wars. Even if you miss Season 1 of the series, you should still get a good idea of the plot from the following 3 seasons.

What bothers me though, is that each episode alone is about 1 hour long. The fact that it's released on TV for one hour with commercial brakes, means that about 15 minutes of film is cut