Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2004-10-19, 19:01
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Sliders sucks in comparison.
sorry, the first series was great,cant denigh that, and it maintained quite a few original ideas in the second, but then it went dratasticaly down hill and was killed of a season too late.

Its best eppsiode, imo, was a clone of "The Running Man".

While Farscapes first series was hardly original plot wise, it has had much better charecters then sliders, the bad guys in particular are quantom-leaps beyond any in sliders.
Show me a Sliders charecter that comes close to being as deep and as cool as Scorpius.

Farscape was certainly on the way up still, not on the way down when it was canceled.
"Unrealised Reality" was quite possibily the best eppisode of any tv-series ever.
The inter-cut tv interviews were shear genius.
Unfortunatly to get the full "impact" of the eppisode you would have had to seen most of season 3 as well as 4
Old 2004-10-19, 19:57
!!!!!

Sliders had a sad destiny. The first season ws the best thing ever, ever since it only got worser and worser. (did I just invent a new word? )
Old 2004-10-19, 20:06
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
No
Old 2004-10-19, 20:40
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
Umm...it's true that after season 2 sliders became a bit sucky, but the first 2 seasons were excellent.
Also, i didn't like sliders' for the sci-fi in it, more for the adventure, which was great.
This is work of higher intelligences, who take other, esoteric and psychological sciences into account than we are normally used to even consider, numerology being one of them, because everything for them is ritualistic and everything is meant for a deep programming of our psychological state. One day witchcraft and science will collide.
Old 2004-10-19, 21:20
LBA fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atresica
I personally think it's a shame that there is hardly any literature (fantasy or not), that also brings a personal element to the storyline. That you truly get concerned about the characters and that you start to think of the situations they go through. That there is more than just the storyline.
There's a lot of literature like that, you just have to know where to look.
Old 2004-10-20, 00:06

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav Sweden
Yes, that was I meant. Lightwing's post was very un-historical.

Sorry mate. Next time I'll put up internal citations with end-notes and have an MLA formated bibliography at the end of my posts to support my arguements. And make sure I am politicaly correct about every thing and when I say that a particular thing sucks, I will make sure to write the exact figure of how much it sucks, with percentiles (i.e. 96.75% of Reality TV shows broadcasted from May 19, 2001 to October 17, 2004, specifically on Comcast channels 2, 8, 45-49, suck).
Old 2004-10-20, 01:34
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Now THATS sarcasm
Old 2004-10-20, 04:16

So, finished watching the mini-series. Glad to see that the show at least has some closure. Of course, althought it only gave an end to Chriton, Sun, and Stark, everyone else is left hanging. Peasekeeper Wars also had some of the worst main character "deaths" I've ever seen.
Old 2004-10-20, 10:41
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightwing
Sorry mate. Next time I'll put up internal citations with end-notes and have an MLA formated bibliography at the end of my posts to support my arguements. And make sure I am politicaly correct about every thing and when I say that a particular thing sucks, I will make sure to write the exact figure of how much it sucks, with percentiles (i.e. 96.75% of Reality TV shows broadcasted from May 19, 2001 to October 17, 2004, specifically on Comcast channels 2, 8, 45-49, suck).
Calm down?
This is work of higher intelligences, who take other, esoteric and psychological sciences into account than we are normally used to even consider, numerology being one of them, because everything for them is ritualistic and everything is meant for a deep programming of our psychological state. One day witchcraft and science will collide.
Old 2004-10-20, 17:51
Hello

Send a message via MSN to Gustav Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightwing
I am looking forward to it, but remember that saying that something sucks is a highly normative valueing, so be careful with your empiric data.

Actually, now when Im at it, I could make a serious comment too. I am not sure why you answer me in a rude way like that, just because I said that your post was historyless. What you said at first about the fantasy/scifi genres being superior WAS historyless and if you're not careful, it may be regarded as stupid and ignorant.
Old 2004-10-21, 00:00

I'm already reguarded as stupid and ignorant.
Old 2004-10-21, 23:40
Hello

Send a message via MSN to Gustav Sweden
I didnt know, sorry. But what has that got to do with the thing? Happy with being regarded as that?
Old 2004-10-23, 03:36

So, the miniseries got about 6.88 million viewers over the duration of 2 days while the show premiered!! Amazing! To tell the truth, I would have never thought that so many would watch it. This is good news. They're gonna show Peacekeeper Wars AGAIN this weekend and I hope that the total viewing audiences reaches 7 million and even more

The mini-series was good. Not super great like the previous series, but still, very well done for the 4 hours that the creators had to display. I was surprised that after 2 years, the team was able to get all of the old cast into the series. Heck, some of the characters that last appeared in Season 2 and 3 had made an appearance. Increadible.

I hope that they continue to tell the story of Farscape, though I dread it becoming a franchise like X-Files. In any case, if there will never be any more Farscape, I am glad that the mini-series is there to serve as some sort of closure.