Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2005-05-17, 11:55
Little Bastard Warrior.

They can't be serious? two or three times, compared to 15 (360) and 35 times (PS3)...

Console looks good but I can't really see it.
Old 2005-05-17, 12:02
The return of

/me looks at ps3 console (particularly the controller) excuse me but...

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
/me falls to floor

HAHAHAHAH *.cough*.cough* EHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEEHEHEHEHE

/me rolls accross living room

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

/me looks at nintendo revolution thinking "was that released in the 80's or somthing?"

Putting all 3 beside each other is a sin, Xbox and PS3 may rightfully stand by each other, someone needs to toss that garbage out the window (sorry nintendo fans, i know how it feels, i once was a fan of dreamcast)

Undoubtfully though, NO CONTROLLER BEATS THE DREAMCAST CONTROLLER!
i loved dreamcast, i always hated sega, but i REALLY LOVED my dreamcast...
/me goes into deep thinking about his loss of his dreamcast
Old 2005-05-17, 12:14
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
The numbers are meaningless; According to Sony to PS2 is more powerfull then the Gamecube.

Wait for pictures and demos.

Im looking for a bigger pic, but theres none yet i think.
Old 2005-05-17, 12:29
The return of

forgive me, from what i can see im unimpressed, im sure its gotta look better than that!
Old 2005-05-17, 13:04
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
What bloody difference does it make what they look like?

That aside think the ps3 looks nice.

As for the nintendo, i'll wait for a better pic but imo the gc looked cooler.
This is work of higher intelligences, who take other, esoteric and psychological sciences into account than we are normally used to even consider, numerology being one of them, because everything for them is ritualistic and everything is meant for a deep programming of our psychological state. One day witchcraft and science will collide.
Old 2005-05-17, 13:13
Little Bastard Warrior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkflame
According to Sony to PS2 is more powerfull then the Gamecube.
You kidding o_0?
Old 2005-05-17, 13:32
The return of

Nintendo has a good point about the hardware. I dont believe the nonsence thats coming out from sony saying their chip is somthing like 7 times more powerfull than a standard desktop processor, i dont think its even half as powerfull, as lets say, a xeon 3.2ghz, or an amd athlon 64 3.2ghz, theres no comparison actually (just imagine what ure pc will run like with a consoles processor)

And i agree the 35 times is bullshit, that would mean that everything is 35 times better, e.g. loading is 35 times faster, rendering is 35 faster (with the same rendering engine on both consoles) etc...

Finnaly i just read an article where they were interviewing a guy who works with a research company in the field of consoles and gaming in general. Currently PS has like 35% of the market, Xbox 19% and gamecube 14%. He says that will change so that xbox 360 has 38% and ps3 32% and revolution 22% (by 2010), lets wait and see, i think im going to invest in either a ps2 or xbox, it really depends on the games that come out. PS needs to filter out all the shit companies that make games for it just to make a quick buck.
Old 2005-05-17, 14:30
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axx
Finnaly i just read an article where they were interviewing a guy who works with a research company in the field of consoles and gaming in general. Currently PS has like 35% of the market, Xbox 19% and gamecube 14%. He says that will change so that xbox 360 has 38% and ps3 32% and revolution 22% (by 2010), lets wait and see, i think im going to invest in either a ps2 or xbox, it really depends on the games that come out. PS needs to filter out all the shit companies that make games for it just to make a quick buck.
Pfeh, PS will stay marktleader, but the Xbox lost more than it gained and was incredibly unpopular in Japan (and yes, that matters).
Besides that, I've never read/heard/seen a single 'research guy' who had it right. The PC had been considered dead for already 10 years by these people and still it's going strong.

Xbox really will only succeed if it has unique games, something they failed with at the previous incarnation.
Old 2005-05-17, 14:47
formerly just angry

Revolution looks much better than PS3, however I believe Xbox 2 looks quite nice also. I'm not really sure that black was the best choice of colour - brushed aluminium would have been killer - I'd have bought 2 - however the style reminds me of PSP and everyone seems to cream themselves over that - so we'll wait and see
Old 2005-05-17, 14:58
The return of

Some real screen shots from xbox 360

project gotham racing 3

Ghost recon 3

the god father

Tiger woods pga toor 2006

gears of war

FUCKING IMPRESSIVE
Old 2005-05-17, 15:15
Little Bastard Warrior.

"Why don't you invite me over for cake anymore?"...

Goddamnit, why does the Nintendo conference have to be so long away. Oh shit, if Sony could spend like 10 minutes talking about how innovative PS1 and 2 were... oh god the nintendo thing is gonna be hell!
Old 2005-05-17, 15:35
formerly just angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberg-Ares
"Why don't you invite me over for cake anymore?"...

Goddamnit, why does the Nintendo conference have to be so long away. Oh shit, if Sony could spend like 10 minutes talking about how innovative PS1 and 2 were... oh god the nintendo thing is gonna be hell!
LOL
Old 2005-05-17, 15:50
The return of

am i the only one thats really impressed by the xbox screens i posted in my last post in this thread
Old 2005-05-17, 15:50
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
Nah, they rock
This is work of higher intelligences, who take other, esoteric and psychological sciences into account than we are normally used to even consider, numerology being one of them, because everything for them is ritualistic and everything is meant for a deep programming of our psychological state. One day witchcraft and science will collide.
Old 2005-05-17, 16:30
Little Bastard Warrior.

Yeah they're good.

http://media.cube.ign.com/articles/6...g_2789308.html

And check out the new N5 in better pictures. Looks by far better than both PS3 and Xbox360 IMO in these pictures. AND IT'S FUCKING SMALL!
Old 2005-05-17, 17:47
Look beyond reality.

Is this the logo? That pretty much.. sucks..
Although I own alot of Nintendo stuff (Gameboy, Gamecube, etc) this is the first time I don't agree with a logo.
But it's theire choise.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rev.jpg‎
Views:	585
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	4823  
Old 2005-05-17, 17:52
Magic Ball Master

Hey, the N5 actually looks cool. Personally I like the look of all the new consoles, but the PS3 does kinda look like a spaceprinter... and it's controller reminds me of a sex toy. Why? I don't even know. All the smooth curves and silver, possibly. Er... where was I?

What I really wanted to see was the N5's controller, right now it doesn't look all that Revolotionary. But it is incredibly small looking, the first time I'd worry about leaving a home console in my pocket and letting it go through the laundry.

The screens from the 360 are impressive, liek whoa. They've got real skin. I wanna see what the other two can do, especially if Sony's claims about power are true. We can hope.

EDIT: Yeah... the new logo is kinda gay.
Old 2005-05-17, 18:01
Still in a dream...

Nintendo never learn. Idiots.

PS3 look amazing, and the controller is gonna be great. Sure, they should have added triggers, but hey, can't have it all. It may not look nice, but it will be comfortable I reckon.

It'll be a tough choice between PS3 and 360....
Old 2005-05-17, 18:07
inharmonic explorer

I'll get the new Nintendo for all the lovely Nintendo exclusives, and a PS3 for the rest.

No place for the Xbox360. Does anyone know how it compares technically with the new Xbox? I can never get a definate answer to this.

btw Axx, I think the PS3 processor is definately faster than the fastest ones in PCs right now, but that will of course change in a year or two. Console processors are normally superior to their equivalents in the PC world at launch, until a few months pass and they are overtaken.
Old 2005-05-17, 18:08
Magic Ball Master

Fool. PS3 looks lame and the controller looks pants.
Old 2005-05-17, 18:09
inharmonic explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushmeister

MGS4 and various others are too hard to resist. It does look very bizzare, but then again I like bizzare.
Old 2005-05-17, 18:39
Little Bastard Warrior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS2x
MGS4 and various others are too hard to resist. It does look very bizzare, but then again I like bizzare.
Ya gots tah think strategically, ya man! Let ya brother/sister buy it, or wait till it's cheap . Now granted, MGS is reason enough (like zelda is for Nintendo) to own a PS3, but if I could wait till my brother bought the PS2 simply for GTA:SA, then you can wait too...
But of course, I did buy Substance for PC before I got the PS2 version. Damn did the PC version suck ass.
Old 2005-05-17, 19:13
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
Quote:
Originally Posted by DedalousDiggle
... and it's controller reminds me of a sex toy. Why? I don't even know. All the smooth curves and silver, possibly. Er... where was I?
My god, I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought of that.
Old 2005-05-17, 19:29
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS2x
Oops. That was directed towards Darek, what you said was right.
Old 2005-05-17, 19:31
Still in a dream...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushmeister
The PS3 in white looks lovely. And the controller may look a bit crap, but the GC one looks worse imo, with random gay colours. Its not about looks, in any case. Its about comfort. This one is bluetooth, anyway. Looks lovely imo.

Tags
games, videogames