Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic > Member Announcements
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Member Announcements Announcements like "I'm leaving", "I'm new", "Happy Birthday", etc. goes in here.

Old 2018-03-04, 01:51
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Why I'm returning

I lost my old account, and frankly, don't remember what the password was and can't remember what email I used, if it even still exists. I've scoured the forums hoping to find a good solution, but couldn't find any to my problem. If the site let's me after posting here, I will be headed over to the first aid section.
Old 2018-03-04, 01:59

Well, it doesn't look like it's going to let me post in first aid, so I'll post it here initially and see about moving it there later since I'm given very little choice here.

My issue is this, there was a post a while back, looks like 4 years ago, mentioning a buzzing sound for LBA2. I don't know if it's because my hardware is over kill, it's too new, or what, but no adjustment to DOSBOX, weather it be standard DOSBOX or the Daumn builds, will correct that issue. When I'm in game, things seem fine, when I go into the menus however, it sounds like someones got 50 bees in a beer can.

I'm debating at this point on trying to build a windows 98 machine to play both LBA 1 and 2 as I have copies of both at this point. Unless someone could tell me how to fix this issue in DOSBOX, I will likely just go with building the machine. I'm not sure if any of you will remember me, and I'm not sure that's a bad thing, but I know if I have a problem with the game, this is the best place to ask.
Old 2018-03-04, 14:46
Panta rei

What was your old username?

Also, what about getting the game from GoG? it's usually just around 5$ and runs pretty well!
Old 2018-03-04, 15:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styx View Post
What was your old username?

Also, what about getting the game from GoG? it's usually just around 5$ and runs pretty well!
Could have sworn I just used this one, so I'm really not sure. As for owning the game, I have a physical copy of 1 and 2 now, the GOG version, enhanced version (which I hate) and the steam version of 2 which is basically the gog version. As I said, I've tried setting up dosbox manually, no luck. I've tried using the prebuilt ones through gog or steam but have that horrible buzzing sound. I'm currently trying to compile https://github.com/cshaxu/nxvm this as a last ditch effort to get it going without that problem.

Other things I've tried, vmware with windows 98, 95, XP, DOS, and all of them end up with that horrific buzzing noise.

Edit: LBA1 works just fine, it's specifically 2 that has this problem

Edit 2: I've also tried doing the same in Virtual Box
Old 2018-03-06, 09:27
Polly parrot

Oh wow, haven't seen you in a while
How have you been since ? I'm getting all nostalgic, D-J hasn't spammed since you left, an he even left the forums

You had a brother as well right ? I don't remember what his first account was, but he went by as Ditzy Doo later on, right ?

Anyway, I don't remember what the issue was that made you leave, and am just happy you're here now ^^