Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and its world.

Old 2007-03-29, 01:05
weee

LBA3 Wish List

Heck, why not?

Once we have a big list we can categorize it and email it to Fred I'm sure he'll bother reading it.

Rules:
  • Don't turn this into a "waiting for LBA3 sucks" thread or fill it with "what an idiotic idea, that's been done a million times" posts (looks at morshem). No Whining Here!
  • Try to stay on topic
  • Try to only bring up things you think there's a chance (even a slim chance) for them to actually be part of LBA3

I'll start by repeating my idea in the other thread... Let the list begin!

1. "Enemy Elimination Effect" -
When you kill a Grobo it would turn into lots of miniature elephants running away. If you kill all the elephants you can get an extra heart or magic flake.
When you kill a Rabbibunny it turns into lots of small rabbits, a Franco would turn into lots of mini hotdogs, etc.
Old 2007-03-29, 01:11
this's longer than allowe

dunno i didnt got it lol
Old 2007-03-29, 01:13
weee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_matrox View Post
dunno i didnt got it lol
^
An example of a rule-violating post
Just continue the list, with your wild ideas for LBA3.
Old 2007-03-29, 01:19
this's longer than allowe

lol now i got it...

well

i would like to explore all twinsun and zeelich and can control the dino-fly
cuz everytime i play it i wanna go somwhere where i cant hahaha =(
another idea... i would like that twinsen could swim... =)
later i ll post more ideas =)

PD: we r kinda... doing fred's job lol

peace =)
Old 2007-03-29, 01:46
Templar of Bù

I'll start out quoting myself for what I definately do NOT want for LBA3:
Quote:
I just hope they do not incorporate the neon-flashy-weird-light-shiny-colourfulness-of-doom-and-eternal-destruction that almost every game has nowadays... I'm talking about flashy lights when you for example hit an enemy, blinking stuff everywhere... spells/skills that create awesome fireworks every second... Like Diablo2, Warcraft III, the new Turtles game, Guild Wars, the Tekken series, you name it!
Secondly:

I'd like, as sir_matrox do, a controllable TwinsenOnDinoFly. Nothing would be nicer than to fly all over Twinsun on this beloved green guy, feeling the wind and tasting the skies. *sigh* that would really be perfect... Make that happen, and my life is complete. Unless it's made in a manner that sucks, of course :-P

Also some game-in-the-game (like the car-race on Desert Island in LBA2) with a 'Catamaran-race' could be quite okay :-)

I would love it if the badguy was not another Funfrock(clone) but someone new. Happily someone we've heard of before, but not necessarily.

A *wish* I really would love coming true: Twinsen having kept his title as Wizard, letting his beard grow, and practice the magical arts. Not as his primarily profession of course. But I would like it if his title of Wizard was not completely forgotten.
Old 2007-03-29, 02:03
Do the evolution.

I don't think I like that idea Fishos(The enemy killing/vanishing one) - it's too much like Rayman Ravin Rabbits - wich I hated - I'd prefer it to be more like that some kinds of enemies blow up, some vanish in a cloud of smoke, some simply run away or zoom into the air vanishing the "stage exit" of some could be premade, to give the game a cinematic quality - like falling into a lava pit, or being smashed into a trash can etc. Small elephants popping out of a Grobbo make it not very serious - and altough you might argue LBAs 1,2 weren't serious, I would counter that argument by saying that LBA1 had a police state, prosecutions, once an egzecution is even mentioned - it's in fact a world that is not affraid to be dark and I think it should stay that way in LBA3.

Like I said in that other thread, I wouldn't mind for Twinsen not be be the main charachter anymore, I'd like for him to be more of a responsible leader, organising things and taking care of the people on sight, whereas I think all the adventuring should fall onto his son, using the same charachter for 3 games already would be too much.

Also I'd like all of Twinsun and it's islands to be made bigger, with elaborate cities and a few storeys buildings, maybe with floating funky cars and zeppelins, chimneys with smoke, funky machines on the streets, with lotsa movement and evidence of everyday life, like leftovers by the garbage cans, loundry on the windows, smoke coming from the chimneys and lots of funny cinematic like situations - with let's say a "rabbibunette" throwing plates at her boyfriend from their window on the first floor, while he screams " I didn't knew it was your mothers umbrella!!! I swear!" - stuff like that, to make the world full of animals and people doing funny or sad stuff, to make it alive.

Swimming might be nice, but then there should also be flying in space with some funky fighter, or with a floating gizmo in the atmosphere.

More cutscenes! Small movies that would neatly fit into the game, made on the game engine to make it more cinematic - to make the adventure part even stronger. And sorry to say it, but I wan't it to be linear, I wan't to discover what story they have in store for me, and not follow and rpg of some sorts with choosing good or evil - don't get me wrong, I love rpg's - but this should be an action-adventure game and let's stick to that.

Controlling multiple charachters might be cool, but not like a team, but to have them start in different parts of the game world, and they would follow what would seem to be different stories, but they would eventually meet at the end, in the final epic fight.

And YES, I'd like it to be EPIC, with a highly intensive adventure and a world that is very much alive and full of little detail.

As for the graphics and interface I don't have much expectations, if it where up to me it could be made even in a few years on the Jade engine with the controls used in BG&E and I wouldn't even have a single complaint about it couse I love it's style, the graphics and the interface.
Old 2007-03-29, 02:05
Le Kuck qui rit

FunFrock should have children too

Some magical tricks as lifting things (from a distance) and trowing them would be nice

And I do not only want to have a fun controllable Dinofly, but also an Esmer space shuttle to crash anywhere on the planets

There should definately something like the cave (island next to Desert Island, LBA2) or the Temple of Bu.

And he should have the sword at the beginning (from the cupboard or something), because it is awesome to jump around with it

Oh, and I want to be able to join the old guys with bowls :P (or what is that game called of those in the sand box?)

Old 2007-03-29, 02:11
Do the evolution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurck View Post
Oh, and I want to be able to join the old guys with bowls :P (or what is that game called of those in the sand box?)
Petang or Boulles I guess... I know actually a lot of people playing it and played it once - it's fun .
Old 2007-03-29, 02:30
Le Kuck qui rit

Maybe it would be fun to be able to shout a few lines to attract the attention of others and to influence their behaviour. Like shouting "Weirdo" at someone would make him mad and dangerous And scaring people that way -> "Boo!" Or to trap some people: you call them and they start running to get you and somehow you let them walk into a trap.

Old 2007-03-29, 08:54
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
Damn you and your rules, this is exactly what I was planning to write .

I want it to be just like the first two games. Obviously with improved graphics, but I want the structure to stay the same.
Old 2007-03-29, 10:27
Master of Science & Magic

• More side quests/stories, and not just stories that last for a single moment but develop parallel to the main story.
  • A large open, non-lineair world (just like it always has)
  • Weather conditions, since here is no visible day/night on Twinsun it would be nice if there were some weather changes.
  • Lively people, not just walking around in circles but actually doing things
Old 2007-03-29, 11:27
Banned

Talking

I hope for more cut scenes too!

I would love to see the Rabbibunny with the balloons again!
Old 2007-03-29, 13:23
Magic Ball Master

I want to see some easter eggs you only get when you've played LBA 1 & 2. And I want an MBN easter egg
Old 2007-03-29, 13:47
Magic Ball Mister

• In-game movies (rendered real-time).
  • With movies, all actions are motion captured... but all clothing is placed on afterward so all cloth movement is different. (Eg, Myst 5)
  • Better textures (Eg, Larger dimentions. Instead of 256x256 make it something like 1024x1024 or simmilar)
  • Support for 1280x1024, Widescreen and HD (1080x1920)
  • Music much like Lba 2
  • Voice artists like Lba 2 (Lba 1 sounded like he had no balls! :P)
  • Support for 5.1, 7.1 and 8.1 sound cards. (Dolby and DTS(?))
There are more but I can't think of them at the moment.
Old 2007-03-29, 13:48
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Send a message via MSN to Streg
Quote:
Originally Posted by morshem View Post
Damn you and your rules, this is exactly what I was planning to write .

I want it to be just like the first two games. Obviously with improved graphics, but I want the structure to stay the same.
same.

possibly *nix compatible
Old 2007-03-29, 14:01
weee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SebZ View Post
  • Voice artists like Lba 2 (Lba 1 sounded like he had no balls! :P)
That makes sense considering Twinsen's LBA1 voice actor was a woman
Old 2007-03-29, 14:11
Master of Science & Magic

• Extendability - allow user to add new subplots/quests/areas/whatever
Old 2007-03-29, 14:16
weee

• Non-linearity - I want to have multiple ways to solve every problem. And have multiple ends (even if there'll be only one "right" end).
Old 2007-03-29, 14:44
Magic Ball Master

Send a message via MSN to LBAWinOwns
If they make up some good solution for a multi player dreamworld that would be fancy! But only if it's meeting up to LBA criteria.

Also, compatibility with Windows 95 and up

Seriously though, I think el pretty much said the general improvements that should be.

LBA Image Creator project
(image by leoboe! )

Get the Jump-Save-Bug graphically explained here

Last edited by LBAWinOwns; 2007-03-29 at 14:45. Reason: I first wrote windows 98 but just for the exaggeration and stupidity i write 95 lol
Old 2007-03-29, 14:49
Templar of Bù

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBAWinOwns View Post
Also, compatibility with Windows 95 and up
Nah, that would be sacrificing all the good performances and incredible animations that can be done on more modern OS'es.

I'd say developing it for Linux with backwardscompatibility to Vista would be more of a fair deal.
Old 2007-03-29, 14:53
Do the evolution.

It will most likely be done with the DirectX10 libraries wich can shorten the game development even 5 times, and I doubdt there will ever be a directX for linux -wich is a shame...

And I don't wan't this game to be some sort of an online RPG, or a game with a dozen endings - games like that are BOOOORING! Doint it exactly like it was, and like Beyound Good and Evil was is the best way, with a free roaming world, from witch you enter levels. Side quests should give you money, extra life containers (clover boxes), some new fancy weapons etc. But shouldn't affect the ending in any other way.
Old 2007-03-29, 14:58
Magic Ball Master

Send a message via MSN to LBAWinOwns
lol what I meant was that LBA1 didn't work for Windows 95 (or did it, I don't know really) but It will obviously do in LBA3

LBA Image Creator project
(image by leoboe! )

Get the Jump-Save-Bug graphically explained here
Old 2007-03-29, 15:19
Magic Ball Mister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasiek View Post
and I doubdt there will ever be a directX for linux -wich is a shame...
I'm pretty sure I saw somewhere that someone was reverse-engineering the DX9 SDK for Linux.
I mean... I just got an update for it on my Ubuntu and Fedora Boxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosFish
That makes sense considering Twinsen's LBA1 voice actor was a woman
Thought so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenquake
I'd say developing it for Linux with backwardscompatibility to Vista would be more of a fair deal.
Second that!
Except it should be more like...
"...Linux with backwardscompatibility to XP would ..."
Sorry. I'm part of the BadVista group
Old 2007-03-29, 15:50
Twinsunian Quetch

Send a message via MSN to Quetch Send a message via Yahoo to Quetch
hmm ...

* sendell tokens scattered throughout the game so we can increase our magic level ...

* enhance the idea of different magicball actions in different moods ( normal , sporty ,etc. ) but with combos ... like a PS2 style one ... with timing effects , 2X , 3X combos , etc.

* more behaviors ....

NORMAL - just normal
ATHLETIC - run faster , jump higher and longer , easier to control
ACROBATIC - jump and do aerial stuff , like rebound jumps , super jumps ( cool comet-like particle effect ) , very fluid combat mode
AGGRESSIVE - very powerful attacks , hand to hand combat , fury-like action for cracked walls, things
like that to break them and get bonuses , etc.
STEALTH - stealth abilities like sneaking behind an enemy , crouching and crawling beneath gaps , etc.
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Old 2007-03-29, 16:11
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Send a message via MSN to Streg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasiek View Post
It will most likely be done with the DirectX10 libraries wich can shorten the game development even 5 times, and I doubdt there will ever be a directX for linux -wich is a shame...

And I don't wan't this game to be some sort of an online RPG, or a game with a dozen endings - games like that are BOOOORING! Doint it exactly like it was, and like Beyound Good and Evil was is the best way, with a free roaming world, from witch you enter levels. Side quests should give you money, extra life containers (clover boxes), some new fancy weapons etc. But shouldn't affect the ending in any other way.
i also recieved the update, as sebz said .