Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and it's world.

Old 2017-10-07, 18:04
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

The people of Twinsun are Lilliputians?

I say this because in LBA2, when you enter the bottom of the Otringal item store, you can see various articles on the planet earth like a chess tower, a glue jar, a few sticks for the ears, etc ... ... and these are the same size of an inhabitant of Twinsun or an emmer. That implies that the characters of this video games would be tiny next to us and that's why I ask.

However, you face a earthling at the end of the game, Stanley Opar the protagonist of the Time Commando, and this presents the same size as Twinsun. Do emers have a shrinking machine?

NOTE: Lilliputians are the small peaple of the Gulliver Tale. Lilliputian is synonymous with diminutive in Spain.

Last edited by XXStranger; 2017-10-07 at 18:20.
Old 2017-10-07, 18:36
Quetching a Mr.

Man, you've become the questionnaire of the MBN.

Lots of questions... Anyways, that's an interesting observation. Let's suppose that Stanley Opar from Time Commando is about six feet. That means that Twinsen would be around three feet or so.

That's pretty crazy. Maybe the planets in the LBA series are smaller than our planets in real life. Maybe they have less population than our earth does. Just some more ideas to base your question off of.
Old 2017-10-07, 19:03

I was saying this scene:

There we see several objets of the planet earth that are of small size for us but for the personages of game they are of its same size approximately.

I ask these questions because they are questions that I always asked myself and now that I discovered this forum I encouraged myself to do them.

Last edited by XXStranger; 2017-10-07 at 19:19.
Old 2017-10-08, 01:12
Quetching a Mr.

I somewhat understood what you were saying in the first place. But, since you brought up Stanley Opar, it led me to believe that you were thinking he was the size of the average human.

I completely understand now. Yeah, if the Q-tips were actually human size, the planets of LBA would be much smaller in comparison to ours. If that were the case, you could easily squash the inhabitants of the planet with your bare hands.

I also find the padlock, matches, and chess piece very interesting. I've never bothered asking myself or anyone else, but what is the world in the white bottle with the red swirling cap? What the heck is it? Looks like it could be some type of air compressor or maybe a bottle of glue?
Old 2017-10-08, 02:17

I think it's a bottle of glue.

For that scene and the terrestrial objects seems to be that the characters were diminutive but soon it is contradicted with the part of Stanley Opar.

Last edited by XXStranger; 2017-10-08 at 02:23.
Old 2017-10-08, 02:25
Polly parrot

That's a theory that comes up every now and then
I feel like I really should play Time Commando... Is the game good ?
Old 2017-10-08, 02:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
That's a theory that comes up every now and then
I feel like I really should play Time Commando... Is the game good ?
I do not know. I never played it. I did not know that game until last year gave me to investigate. That is why he had not understood the appearance of Stanley Opar in LBA2 in his day.
Old 2017-10-10, 05:44
Quetching a Mr.

I've played it enough, and I can tell you that it isn't as special as the LBA series is. I'm old school, so I always like looking at and playing old video games, and that doesn't stop Time Commando from being one of those in my perspective. It's a good game, but it isn't a great one.

Think about Fred's recent released game, "2Dark". Some people liked the game, but some didn't like it at all. 2Dark was made to look somewhat old, whereas Time Commando was actually released back in the day - a year before LBA2 came out.

That isn't necessarily about game play, but I'll get into it soon. I'll tell the story summed-up-short from what I remember. Stanley gets up and ready for his daily routine - going to work at a high-tech computer company. It is as normal as any other day, until a burglar comes into the company unknowingly, and uploads a virus to the system's database. The alarm blares and soldiers start approaching the building. The virus creates a bright light. People are now being sucked into the center of the company where the light lays. Stanley decides to make his way to this portal, and gets sucked back in time.

Now, for the game play... TC is basically an action game, but the levels do have adventure to it - if that makes sense. It isn't like LBA where you can go wherever you want - this one is linear. There is some strategy, and it does help to know where enemies will pop-up (especially in harder game modes), and how to best defeat them. You start from your fists, to small weapons such as rocks, and then as you move through the years, you get even bigger and better weapons. If I remember correctly, I think you could even use some type of bombs near the ending of the game. I believe the game was one of the first to have animated backgrounds where the camera and setting actually shift positions as the level continues.

I may be wrong, but I wonder if Fred was the first to pioneer the "animated backgrounds" just like how he pioneered the backgrounds for "Alone in the Dark".

PS: I've only ever beat TC on, "Easy" and, "Normal", I never have on, "Hard" mode.

Forgive me if I said anything unclear on this.
Old 2017-10-10, 23:16

I've been watching Time Commando videos and I've been liking what I saw. I understand what you're saying about "animated backgrounds" now.

And the game is quite cheap in GOG. When I charge next month I might buy it to prove it.

Although the Steam Version of LBA is tempting me too. What differences does the Steam Version have with the Original Version?