Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Modifications > LBA Modifications - General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 2006-09-01, 02:42
Magic Ball Master

Thumbs Up LBA1 3D models specification

Here is the first revision of the LBA1 3D models specification. Still have lots of unknown things but I hope to improve it in time.

I'm planning to do a converter tool to a common 3D format used for all current 3D applications the way people could model in this applications and then convert it back to LBA, but I need help.

The format I was thinking is DXF format, that is ASCII 3D file (that I have his specification here) and seans not so complex like all other formats.

Anyway, I'm releasing this before doing something real (also planing re-writting my LBA 3D Object Viewer) because you may need it to make your self a tool or a converter.

Hope this could be useful and also hope to receive some feesback and suggestions about the convertion tool.

Note: If you know something the specification doesn't tell or have a mistake, please tell me the way I could improve this specification.
Attached Files
File Type: txt LBA 3D Models Format.txt‎ (4.8 KB, 189 views)

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2006-09-01, 12:05
Twinsunian Quetch

Send a message via MSN to Quetch Send a message via Yahoo to Quetch
well , alexfont , u know i'll try convincing that guy into making a tool anyway , after what you have suggested to me in the PM , I managed to extract the LBA1 Twinsen and convert him to .x , so I've put it in my game ( Link's LBA 1.5 ) and will now have all the LBA characters YOU ARE GREAT !!! THANKS A BUNCH !!!
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Old 2006-09-01, 13:08
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetch View Post
so I've put it in my game ( Link's LBA 1.5 ) and will now have all the LBA characters YOU ARE GREAT !!! THANKS A BUNCH !!!
- of course you will only use them for testing purposes, right?

When I've got this right you can now export them?
Old 2006-09-01, 14:16
Twinsunian Quetch

well , I intended not to use it just for testing purposes , but I guess that's just the kind of thing , the rest of y'all will decide and yes , I can export them BUT shaded things like the hands , hair , ears ( rabbibunnys ) will have to be recreated as they are not exported ... anyway , here's some eyecandy with my re-skinned LBa1 twinsen
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LBA 1 - Twinsen.jpg‎
Views:	216
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	6042  
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Old 2006-09-01, 15:25
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobold
When I've got this right you can now export them?
Are you thinking about make a convertion tool for it? In which extension?

Old 2006-09-01, 16:10
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexfont View Post
Are you thinking about make a convertion tool for it? In which extension?
I was just confused as with any of Quetch's posts.
Old 2006-09-01, 16:14
Twinsunian Quetch

I can export them manually , not through a converter , but I am struggling to convince a friend of mine to make one
BTW : alexfont , u like the Twinsen ? cause I am planning to put it in the game
Old 2006-09-01, 16:59
Magic Ball Master

Offtopic: The hands are too big, the rest is good.

Ok, lets stay on-topic.
Already start doing the structures to save the body content. Maybe today or tomorrow will do some procedures to read it. For now, are only tests.

Old 2006-09-03, 01:53
Magic Ball Master

Ok guys, I was making some code to load the LBA1 models and I saw I made a mistake in the document. There is no Dummy (2 bytes) between each part of the file. As soon as I recheck all, I'll upload the 2nd revision.

Old 2006-09-03, 12:46
Twinsunian Quetch

oky , be sure to give me the right one before I pass it on to my friend
Old 2006-09-03, 15:55
Magic Ball Master

No problem than, I already fix the document. I manage to read it easly yesterday and will post the 2nd revision as soon as possible.

Old 2006-09-03, 16:19
Twinsunian Quetch

oky doky then
Old 2006-09-09, 05:51
Magic Ball Master

I need help from all 3D modellers

I want some advices about what could be the better and easy file to convert the LBA1 models. Someone have a clue?
Note I need a simple 3D file format for a easier convert construction.

Old 2006-09-09, 14:08
Twinsunian Quetch

so are u asking what format should we use for the exporter once we'll be able to export them ??? if so , .X would be ok , or .3ds
Old 2006-09-09, 16:09
Magic Ball Master

Did you know this formats inside?

I need a simple one to build, and 3ds is not one of them.

Old 2006-09-09, 16:12
Magic Ball Master

He just chose them because that are the formats he can use in his project.
Old 2006-09-09, 16:30
Magic Ball Master

But I need a format to use in 3D applications the way we can make new models, not exactly to use it.
It isn't legal to rip files and use it in other proposes

Old 2006-09-09, 16:34
Twinsunian Quetch

well I can use them already in my project anyway , I think that .x is the simplest one cause it uses DirectX functions directly
Old 2006-09-10, 11:31
Magic Ball Master

The problem is that I need a simple file format that can be handle in the most common 3D apps and X isn't on of them, but anyway I'll check its specifications.

Old 2006-09-10, 11:58
Twinsunian Quetch

well these are the most common ones ( in order ) : 3ds , x , obj , md2 , mdl , ascii , and then the others
Old 2006-09-18, 18:59
Free-lance designer

Send a message via ICQ to Horadrim
The easiest and best solution is to use the ASCII format. Almost every 3D modelling program is working with it. It`s very simple and intuitive.
Old 2006-09-18, 20:56
Twinsunian Quetch

hmm yep
Old 2006-09-27, 03:58
Magic Ball Master

Here's the 2nd revision of the LBA1 3D model files.

Btw, I can't find any reference about this ASCII format, do you guys have something for that?
Attached Files
File Type: txt LBA 3D Models Format.txt‎ (4.7 KB, 156 views)

Last edited by xesf; 2006-09-27 at 04:07.
Old 2006-09-27, 14:12
Twinsunian Quetch

hey I'll see what I can get from my friend with your specifications In the mean time , check out the LBA1 Twinsen in ASCII format :
Attached Files
File Type: zip Twinsen.zip‎ (22.5 KB, 136 views)
Old 2006-09-27, 15:39
the hobbits to Otringal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetch View Post
hey I'll see what I can get from my friend with your specifications In the mean time , check out the LBA1 Twinsen in ASCII format :
There seems to be a password to unzip it.

http://forum.magicball.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2558&dateline=1285864225