Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic > Member Announcements
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Member Announcements Announcements like "I'm leaving", "I'm new", "Happy Birthday", etc. goes in here.

Old 2005-04-05, 21:12
the legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBrasilo
Paris was great!
I saw: the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, the Montmartre, the Pigalle, I watched The Ring twO in the biggest cinema in Europe (Pathé Weplers; at Pigalle/Clichy), I saw the Center Pompidou, I went to the Louvre (I saw Mona Lisa ; the entrance into Louvre was free on Sunday (when we went there)), I saw Champs Elysées, and the Arc of Triumph.

It was... excellent.
great, now where are the pics?

--
and btw, why most people when travel to a famous capital always see the typical famous things there? whats the fun of seeing it?..

If id go to a place like that i would do other things... probably..

Polaris: "And what is a guitar doing in the middle of an asteroïd anyway?"
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Old 2005-04-05, 21:26
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
- SpaceGuitarKid:
1. The pics are coming this weekend.
2. I also saw The Ring twO (again; in French this time), which is not a typical famous thing there (although I saw it in the biggest cinema in Europe: Pathé Weplers, 140 boulevard Clichy, Paris).
Old 2005-04-06, 14:11
Sheepie for short

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarKid
and btw, why most people when travel to a famous capital always see the typical famous things there? whats the fun of seeing it?..

If id go to a place like that i would do other things... probably..
Surely if you don't do things that can only be done/seen in that place, then there's no point in going and you may as well stay at home?

My LBA screenshots page. And some exciting games I have made.
Old 2005-04-06, 14:42
Still in a dream...

When I go places, I like to visit things they don't have where I live. If I went to Paris, I sure as hell wouldn't sit in a pub all day, or play my PS2 or whatever; I can do all of that here.
Old 2005-04-06, 18:50
Banned

Here is the hotel in Villejuif outside Paris me and my friends stayed at in the end of august 1995, but not much information:

http://www.cybevasion.com/hotels/fra...uif_13318.html

I would do the same Pandy.
Old 2005-04-06, 19:22
Hello

Send a message via MSN to Gustav Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Sheep
Surely if you don't do things that can only be done/seen in that place, then there's no point in going and you may as well stay at home?
I think he means that you can do more alternative things, that still is unique for the place.
Old 2005-04-06, 19:27
Idot

Send a message via ICQ to Aule
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandy
If I went to Paris, I sure as hell wouldn't sit in a pub all day
I would, or at least most of it, the pubs here suck and the alcohols expensive
Old 2005-04-11, 16:36
Original Vultures

Send a message via AIM to Vultures Send a message via MSN to Vultures
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandy
When I go places, I like to visit things they don't have where I live. If I went to Paris, I sure as hell wouldn't sit in a pub all day, or play my PS2 or whatever; I can do all of that here.
Call me when you come

Take a look on http://www.twinadv.net !

V.U.L.T.U.R.E.S : Vigilant Upgraded Lifeform Trained for Ultimate Repair and Efficient Sabotage
Old 2005-04-11, 18:53
Still in a dream...

Will do mate if I'm ever around
Old 2005-04-11, 20:50
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
Hey, what about the pictures?
Old 2005-04-12, 04:16
the legend

yeah, he said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://forum.magicball.net/showpost.php?p=234401&postcount=18
And, about the photos, you'll have them today.
!

sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Old 2005-04-12, 15:43
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
About the pictures, I still can't find the damn USB cable of my cell phone. I'll upload them as soon as I find the USB cable, and download them to my computer.
Old 2005-04-13, 04:14
the legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav Sweden
I think he means that you can do more alternative things, that still is unique for the place.
yup.

Just to make it pretty clear, i meant, seeing a tower and some stupid arcs is the best to do in one of the worlds biggest metropolis?

Depending on how much time i have to stay there, i would saty in a pub yes, cos what matters is to feel how it is to be in a pub of Paris, one of the worlds "capitals".

I would go in all cool places there is there, a zoo, lol i dunno, hang around in the main square, walk around with a bike in proper places for that, and ofcourse, shopping, not really buying, but the thrill of shopping and seeing rare, cheap and cool stuff, and then go to lakes and mountains (if there is any lol i dunno), watch theathre and cinema there, and even TV to see how its like..

anyway, not look an old building and pose around it and feel like "oh, cool, im another typical tourist that done the same thing other 2 billion people did, and here i am, lets perpetuate the cliche"

i dont mean to criticise obras or anything, but i surely would do something more original.

Old 2005-04-13, 11:48
Sheepie for short

What you have suggested doesn't seem particularly original.

And it's not just seeing the Eiffel Tower; it's seeing the whole of Paris when you get to the top!

Old 2005-04-13, 16:28
Welcome to Zirla!

Quote:
yup.

Just to make it pretty clear, i meant, seeing a tower and some stupid arcs is the best to do in one of the worlds biggest metropolis?

Depending on how much time i have to stay there, i would saty in a pub yes, cos what matters is to feel how it is to be in a pub of Paris, one of the worlds "capitals".

I would go in all cool places there is there, a zoo, lol i dunno, hang around in the main square, walk around with a bike in proper places for that, and ofcourse, shopping, not really buying, but the thrill of shopping and seeing rare, cheap and cool stuff, and then go to lakes and mountains (if there is any lol i dunno), watch theathre and cinema there, and even TV to see how its like..

anyway, not look an old building and pose around it and feel like "oh, cool, im another typical tourist that done the same thing other 2 billion people did, and here i am, lets perpetuate the cliche"

i dont mean to criticise obras or anything, but i surely would do something more original.
This just shows, how ignorant you are.

I mean, when I go somewhere, far from home, I won't do things, that I can do in my hometown.
Go to a pub? If I don't even go to pubs in my hometown (and besides, I don't drink alcohol). And, I did go to both a French restaurant, and an Italian pizzeria down there in Paris.
Walk with a bike? I can walk (also with a bike) in my hometown. Why would I do that in Paris.
Hang around the main square? Well, walked through the main square for some hours, isn't that enough?
And besides, I saw Mona Lisa (I mean, the actual painting, not a photo in a book), which I bet you'll never see in your ife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Sheep
What you have suggested doesn't seem particularly original.

And it's not just seeing the Eiffel Tower; it's seeing the whole of Paris when you get to the top!
That's right. And besides, on the top of the Eiffel Tower, there are some nice wax models, which seem just like real men.
Old 2005-04-13, 23:04
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
Sgk, that's the dumbest load of bullshit i have read in quite a while.

The historical monuments tourists visit are buildings of huge historical importance, living testimony of what man kind was like hundres of years ago.

the eiffel tower is an amazing building, which serves as evidence of the great things mankind can achieve.
Not to mention places like the louvre, a place whose importance i cannot even beging to stress.

Shopping, watching tv, and sitting in some pub is possibly the most ignorant and retarded way of spending precious time in a foreign country.
Old 2005-04-13, 23:12
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakin
Sgk, that's the dumbest load of bullshit i have read in quite a while.

The historical monuments tourists visit are buildings of huge historical importance, living testimony of what man kind was like hundres of years ago.

the eiffel tower is an amazing building, which serves as evidence of the great things mankind can achieve.
Not to mention places like the louvre, a place whose importance i cannot even beging to stress.

Shopping, watching tv, and sitting in some pub is possibly the most ignorant and retarded way of spending precious time in a foreign country.
Aye.
Old 2005-04-14, 00:05
the legend

Kin and OBrasilo:
right, like billions of other people already did....

all these touristic monuments are a cliche and were overvisited already, theres no need to make a "living testemony" of it, specially cos that building is friggin recent comparing to other REAL mankind achievements like the easter egg satutes, piramids and Taj Mahal.

Yup Louvre is valid, i DID said to visit cultural places, like threathre and cinema.

And remember that is Your Opinion Only, before saying a person opinion is ignorant and retard, nigger.

Quote:
Hang around the main square? Well, walked through the main square for some hours, isn't that enough?
well you didnt mentioned that in your report, althought it could be implicit, i was just mentioning it as one of the things for you to feel the place. Yeah, its enough.

Sheepie: yeah i havent thought of many things yet. Yet.

and yeah seeing paris from top is interesting, indeed...

Old 2005-04-14, 09:39
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
Dude, what the fuck does it matter that millions of people visited it already, if you haven't?
Do you go to places just so you can be the first one there or something?
And sorry to disapoint you, but millions of people go shopping and watch tv.

The only difference us that going to historical places might educate you\broaden your horizons, while doing the "original" activities you suggested will get you no where.

And opinions have nothing to do with this, if you see the eiffel tower as nothing more than a "cliche" than there's something wrong with the way you think.

You think going to a cabaret in paris, or the red light district in amsterdam, or to a pub in ireland, isn't cliche?

Several people agree that you're talking bullshit, I suggest you just stop it.

Last edited by Reek; 2005-04-14 at 16:43.
Old 2005-04-14, 16:36
Welcome to Zirla!

Quote:
And remember that is Your Opinion Only, before saying a person opinion is ignorant and retard, nigger.
Don't call me nigger, you rassta man. From what I see here, everyone shares my opinion except for you. Go to cinemas? If I have cinemas in my hometown... well, I did see The Ring twO in cinema there (not to mention that it was the biggest cinema in Europe ), and I went to the Louvre (which is, as you said, a cultural place). And there are nice theaters in Paris, like the Moulin Rouge.

But your mostly saying stupidities all the time, so please stop it.
Old 2005-04-14, 18:38
Still in a dream...

"Don't call me nigger, you rassta man".

Hahahaha.

Class.
Old 2005-04-14, 20:08
Sheepie for short

Quote:
easter egg satutes
You mean...

Or did you mean Easter Island?

Old 2005-04-15, 05:13
the legend

lol

Old 2013-11-29, 15:40
Banned

Quote:
OMG!!
!!!!
!

No title!
No post smiley!
No or anything at the end!

!!
Yes, yes!

Tags