Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and its world.

Old 2012-12-12, 23:46
You Only Live Twice

Send a message via AIM to Twinsan Send a message via MSN to Twinsan
Making a Video Guide to the little big adventure series

Hello LBA fans, I paln o-n making a guide for the saga's in little big adventure bit by bit baised on the magic ball level at the time.

but i need some help setting it up

my last attempt at the yellow arc was fien but hypercam sliced gog screen in half like what happened in the temple of bu when the game lagged

Can anyone give me me directions to better tech or advice to complete the saga guides.?

After the yellow saga's are doen I'll post them here for scrutinising
Old 2012-12-13, 01:15
Polly parrot

Last time I used a screen-capturing program, it was fraps (about 5 years ago). Worked quite well, smooth video, but the fps was down to ~15 during the recording.
Old 2012-12-22, 08:12
Hero of the Planet

I've been doing the same! But more of a Let's Play and not really a walkthrough... I digress.
I'm using an older version of fraps to record and it's working pretty well. It doesn't make the game lag for the most part and I get 30fps with it still. It's like version 2.9.... etc. The latest ones wouldn't pick up anything? It also still has some issues picking up sound if headphones aren't plugged in. Speakers wouldn't cut it for whatever reason
The time is near. During the next ceremony, Dark Monk, our reincarnated God, will reunite the four keys of the four Zeelichian races. And the ground will open.. And the gas and its monsters will flee screaming into the sky. And the curse will lift. We will live and die as before, on our Zeelich restored anew.
Old 2012-12-22, 16:38
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
You can try CamStudio, I used that for a Penumbra video and it seemed to work well.
Old 2012-12-22, 17:22
You Only Live Twice

the problem i have atm is getting it to work with full screen gog
Old 2012-12-22, 19:20
Hero of the Planet

I think if you click Alt+Enter while running DOS is makes it full screen? The GOG version uses DOS doesn't it?
The time is near. During the next ceremony, Dark Monk, our reincarnated God, will reunite the four keys of the four Zeelichian races. And the ground will open.. And the gas and its monsters will flee screaming into the sky. And the curse will lift. We will live and die as before, on our Zeelich restored anew.
Old 2012-12-22, 21:55
You Only Live Twice

it naturally treats it as full screen but the recorder treats it as the mini screen.
Old 2012-12-23, 05:23
Hero of the Planet

http://www.1up.com/do/my1Up?publicUserId=6193438

This page details a bunch of different recording softwares you can use, as Hypercam isn't very good compared to what else you can use now a days
Old 2012-12-23, 05:38
Le Kuck qui rit

If you use DOSBox to run the game, you could use DOSBox's internal recording program, although it will only record the sounds of the game, so if you were to add spoken comments, you'd have to use a separate recording for that (using Audacity in the background for example). Another option would be to disable fullscreen through the Gog-config-file and use Camstudio/FRAPS. Or do you really want to have it fullscreen for some reason?

Old 2012-12-23, 14:00
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Remember a lot of screencapture software lets you capture within a window too, or you can crop later using VirtualDub.