Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Projects > Twinsuniverse > Encyclopedia Twinsunica

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Encyclopedia Twinsunica The Encyclopedia Twinsunica is the older version of the Twinsuniverse, about the world of the LBA games.

Old 2002-11-12, 12:06
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
wacko- you added the Citadel article under Citadel Island (there's a difference).
Old 2002-11-12, 14:40
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally posted by morshem
wacko- you added the Citadel article under Citadel Island (there's a difference).
Ah, excuse me.
Old 2002-11-12, 15:14
1st of the Serpent Riders

Send a message via AIM to D`Sparil Send a message via MSN to D`Sparil
Thanks guys. I have school today, but when I come home, I plan on doing as much as I can on Proxima Island. Additionally, I hope to get LBAWin so I can get some [official] descriptions for you.

"I can't believe it! There are two of 'em in this cell! Open the doors! I'm gonna put the funny one in his own cell." - Security guard on Otringal
Old 2002-11-12, 20:24
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally posted by D`Sparil
Thanks guys. I have school today, but when I come home, I plan on doing as much as I can on Proxima Island. Additionally, I hope to get LBAWin so I can get some [official] descriptions for you.
Remember you can look up quotes here and here.
Old 2002-11-12, 20:47

Duh. Why didn't I think of those? Okay, thanks wacko. I got your quotes pertaining to the Citadel.

[official]

Quetch Clone outside the Citadel

Quote:
It is forbidden to travel outside the Citadel in that kind of attire!
Unknown

Quote:
I saw them at the port a little while ago. They were leaving for another island. It's strange, because prisoners usually stay at the Citadel.
Unknown

Quote:
Yes... Hey, stop talking about it, ok? That's a sure way to wind up in the Citadel.
Poster on Citadel Island

Quote:
ANNOUNCEMENT #358-G : A prisoner named Twinsen has escaped from the Citadel. Anyone seeing the escapee must notify the nearest clone.

"I can't believe it! There are two of 'em in this cell! Open the doors! I'm gonna put the funny one in his own cell." - Security guard on Otringal
Old 2002-11-12, 21:05

And now officials for Rebellion Island and the whole lot.

Rebellion Island-

[official]

Rebel Rabbibunny
Quote:
I'm with the rebels who are fighting against FunFrock. We are currently trying to cross the Hamalayi mountains. Our leader, Colonel Kroptman, has been taken prisoner. Welcome aboard if you are joining the fight! Go see my friends on Rebellion island. They will let you dock only if you're displaying the proper emblem: a pirate flag with a skull.
Rebel Camp-

[official]

Entrenched Rabbibunny
Quote:
So, young quetch, you've come to help in the fight against FunFrock? As you can see, this city has suffered because of our rebellion. We are constantly bombed, which is why our leaders have set their camp in the center of the island. You can take my buggy to go see them.
Rebel Sphero
Quote:
You must be Twinsen. Like you, we have rebelled against that madman FunFrock - and you saw what's left of the city. We don't believe that the Northern hemisphere has become uninhabitable like the propaganda says it has. There may even be some survivors living there who refused to be deported. This is why we have decided to take the road leading to the Okojo pass by force. It leads to the Northern hemisphere. Unfortunately, our leader, Colonel Kroptman, was captured during the attack. We believe that he is still being held in the small fort that guards the pass. Help us free him by raiding the fort. You will be able to get to the Northern hemisphere if you do so. Go back to the hangar, there is a commando waiting for you in the boat.
Harbour

[official]

Shattered sign
Quote:
Welcome to... AAARRGHH ! ... glb

Old 2002-11-12, 21:56

Proxima Island Overview

[fan]

Citadel's sister island, Proxima, is keeper of many great artifacts as well as the latest innovations of technology. Built upon this island are two, of the three, runic stones of ages past. The Marked Stone, whose password is "BURBS", and the Eclipse Stone, whose password is "GIZMO", lie upon the northern and southern penninsulas, respectively.

Most of the local residents live peacefully on Proxima, but there are still those who require corrective measures. For criminals against the State there is a small detainment area, but you may also be placed under house arrest, as seen in Jerome Baldino's neighbor.

[role]

Twinsen comes and goes from Proxima many times throughout the game. While he gets little use of his weapondry, his intellegence is put to the test in order to obtain the many items here.

[related]
Proxim-City
Marked Stone
Eclipse Stone

[authors]

D'Sparil

(Didn't have links for the Stones, so I couldn't add links. Sorry. )

Last edited by D`Sparil; 2002-11-12 at 22:44.
Old 2002-11-12, 22:41

Proxim-City

[official]

Sign
Quote:
Welcome to Proxim-City (Proxima Island).
Unknown
Quote:
Hey, you look familiar! I just came back from an infiltration mission in Proxim-City and I saw your mug on quite a few wanted posters.
[fan]

Proxim-City, in contrast to Lupin-Burg, has a small harbour hardly big enough for one boat, let alone two. Much of the city is partitioned into sections, divided by stone walls and iron gates. Construction is still on-going towards the western end of the city with hopes to incorporate all residencies into the popular burg fashion, as seen on Principal Island.

While here, be sure to visit the local inventor, Jerome Baldino, as he seeks to perfect his protopack. Or, if you're looking to brush up a bit on your marine history, stop by the Maritime Museum for a satisfying lesson.

[role]

Here, in Proxim-City, Twinsen will meet up with a traveling salesman, who he can meet previously on Principal Island, selling hair dryers. Buying one will ensure Twinsen of obtaining the protopack from Jerome Baldino, as it is the rheostat he needs to control the device.

Additionally, if Twinsen follows the precise directions given to him to find LeBorgne's treasure, he can obtain a coffee pot, from a sphero. This belongs to Lanktir, a grobo living next to the bazaar in Proxim-City, and once it is returned to him he will give Twinsen a guide to finding the remaining clovers and clover boxes.

[theory]

While Proxim-City seems like a nice, small, city with barely any trouble, it appears too quiet for comfort. As seen in the second quote, many questions emerge as many of us begin to wonder about what that "infiltration mission" really was all about. The island, at whole, is largely left unmapped in the games, leaving lots of room for interesting and new developments. Because of the unanswered questions about Proxim-City and the rest of the island, the brain is allowed to cast a shadow over the land and wonder what sort of back-alley dealings are going on. Those that one might find happening within the Old Burg.

[related]
Jerome Baldino's Residence
Maritime Museum
Sewers
Hair Dryer
Coffee Pot

[authors]

D'Sparil

Last edited by D`Sparil; 2002-11-13 at 05:32.
Old 2002-11-13, 05:31

Jerome Baldino's Residence

[official]

Plaque on the front of Jerome's house
Quote:
Jérôme Baldino. Diverse Gadgets & Inventions
[fan]

The first home of Jerome Baldino lies on the western outskirts of Proxim-City on Proxima Island. Jerome, an inventor by nature, also enjoys gardening. However, during a freak accident involving his, yet untested, proto-pack, he blew out his garden wall, leaving a massive hole. Jerome is neighbors with a rather unsavory rabbibunny who was placed under house arrest for phony red card traffic.

[role]

Here, Twinsen recieves two very important items for his inventory. First, is the experimental proto-pack. After getting the hair dryer from the salesman in Proxim-City, Twinsen will give Baldino the rheostat to control the extreme nature of the protopack. Baldino, in need of a test run, allows Twinsen the use of the proto-pack and pays him in kashes as well.

Additionally, Twinsen must visit Baldino's neighbor, the rabbibunny. In order to get into the house, Twinsen must run down the stairs and touch the ground on the lower level. Once he does this, a grobo-clone will teleport in and pace back and forth in front of the door (if Twinsen is not within range of attack). Destroying this clone will give Twinsen the key needed to open the door and get inside. Once inside, the rabbibunny will give Twinsen the red card, which is used to by pass many gates and doors (like the back door of the Maritime Museum). Twinsen must say the word "Amos" to him in order for him to hand over the card.

[trivia]

It is possible to enter into Baldino's house through the hole in the wall by moving over to it and jumping into it.

[related]
Jerome Baldino
Red Magnetic Card
Proto-pack
Hair Dryer
Proxim-City

[authors]

D'Sparil

Old 2002-11-13, 05:59

Proxim-City: Sewers: Ferry Street

[official]

Sign
Quote:
L.B.A. Proxim-City sewer service Ferry Street
[fan]

The underground of Proxim-City is quite devious indeed. Teaming with ravenous snakes, slinking through the sludge, the sewers running under Ferry Street offer nearly safe passage from the Maritime Museum, all the way to the southern side of the detention center. It serves as a valuable conduit when pilfering the required items from the Maritime Museum.

[role]

If Twinsen is ever captured while on Proxima Island, he will escaped to the sewers by walking over to the ventilation duct in his holding cell and pressing ACTION. Once down there, traversing the perilous sewers can be tricky if one decides to stay on the high ground. Sometimes it's easier just to take the fall and climb up a nearby ladder.

The three center elevators will take Twinsen up into the prison. The elevator furthest to the north will take him up into the Maritime Museum, the furthest to the south will take him just beyond the prison, near the docks. Snakes are neary everywhere so it is almost impossible to avoid all of them.

[related]
Maritime Museum
Proxim-City

[authors]

D'Sparil

Old 2002-11-13, 06:45

Proxim-City: Maritime Museum

[official]

Sign
Quote:
Maritime Museum (Proxima Island)
Ticket Dealer
Quote:
Maritime Museum, rates: Children ... 3 Kashes Adults ... 5 Kashes.
Unknown
Quote:
Then you should go visit the Maritime Museum on Proxima island.
Unknown
Quote:
That name sounds familiar. Go visit the Maritime Museum, I think that they have two objects that belonged to LeBorgne.
[fan]

As the name suggests, this large building holds many treasures and relics from the high seas. Along side the artifacts is the most sophisticated weight sensitive security system. Placed under all the wooden planks, the system immediately summons a Super-Grobo clone once any weight is detected.

The exhibits are as follows:
- A pirate flag belonging to Captain LeBorgne
- A statue of a mermaid
- A pre-modern vessel which looks much like a basket
- A barrel apparently used in shipment or storage
- A modern day raft/inflatable lifeboat
- A cannon
- A stuffed shark
- A wheel
- An anchor
- A propellor
- Captain LeBorgne's treasure
- Three pictures of sailboats
- One picture of an unknown crustacean

[role]

The Maritime Museum is a place that requires a lot of preperation before the actual "attack". First, Twinsen must have obtained the Red Card from Baldino's neighbor AND the Proto-pack from Baldino himself. Once this is done, Twinsen should enter the backdoor using his Red Card and proceed to go down into the sewers beneath Ferry Street.

Once there, Twinsen needs to move through the sewers to the nearest elevator that will take him up into the prison. Twinsen then throws the switch that the technitian (grobo) is working on to evacuate the museum. Going back underground again, he moves back to the north and re-enters the museum while the alarm is on. using his Proto-pack, Twinsen carefully avoids all of the wooden planks AND robotic guards patrolling the interior. He can, however, land on the tan, tiled surfaces surrounding each of the exhibits. Twinsen takes LeBornge's flag and the Key from LeBorgne's treasure before escaping back into the sewers.

[secret]

There is one unmarked wall, behind the cannon, next to the picture of the unknown crustacean. If Twinsen moves up to it and does the ACTION command, he will push against it revealing a secret passage way that leads to the roof of the Maritime Museum. Up there he can talk to a rabbibunny who will banter quickly about a storm, and then give Twinsen several clovers.

[related]
Ferry Street
Red Magnetic Card
Proto-pack
Key to the Heir's room
Pirate Flag

[authors]

D'Sparil

(Correction for "Rebel camp". I accidentally typed "based" when it should be just "base". Thanks.)

Old 2002-11-13, 06:52

Yet more good articles. Well done!
Old 2002-11-13, 06:56

Thanks.

I got kind of confused as to the whole Sewers/Ferry Street thing when I was going through the index, so I just did the entry for Ferry Street because that's the official quote I used from the game. Um... Proxima is mostly done. Except for the Runic Stones. Those need to be added. And... umm.... I suppose I'll work on getting the rest of Twinsun done until we can begin work on Zeelich.

Unless there's something wacko wants me to work on specifically, I'll just keep doing these locations.

Old 2002-11-13, 11:40
Magic Ball Master

These are really nice articles. I added them and did all the updates. Thanks again .

I added the runic stones, as well as some of the objects that were missing (can't believe those weren't in it yet ).

It's fine to write whatever articles you'd like.

A little comment: at first this encyclopedia was meant to be as if it could be on Twinsun, so no mentions of "LBA1", "the game", etc. This happened anyway and isn't wrong or anything, but if possible, it should be avoided as much as possible. 'Not a guide to the game, but an encyclopedia.'
Old 2002-11-13, 19:27

Okay, that's the feeling I was getting, but I wasn't sure so... okay. Now I know. More like a book, less like a guide. Gotcha.

Old 2002-11-13, 20:15

Eclipse Stone and Marked Stone

Eclipse Stone

[official]

Sign
Quote:
To the Eclipse Stone.
Eclipse Stone
Quote:
I am the Eclipse Stone. The password for the Marked Stone is "BURBS". Which word will free me?
[fan]

On the southern end of Proxima Island lies a large stone. Shaped somewhat like an obelisk, the stone is engraved with a runic text revealing the password for the Marked Stone.

[role]

Twinsen must visit both runic stones on Proxima in order to activate them. The Eclipse Stone's password is "GIZMO". Once the password has been told, the stone will rise into the air and gently float up and down. Twinsen recieved a magical flute from the Eclipse Stone.

[related]
Marked Stone
Stone of the Septentrion
Magical Flute
Proxim-City

[authors]

D'Sparil

Marked Stone

[official]

Sign
Quote:
To the Marked Stone.
Marked Stone
Quote:
I am the Marked Stone. The password for the Eclipse Stone is "GIZMO". Which word will free me?
[fan]

Opposite the Eclipse Stone, the Marked Stone lies on the northern end of Proxima Island. It is shaped exactly like the Eclipse Stone, and also features the same, mysterious, runic text. This time, however, it reads the password for the Eclipse Stone.

[role]

When Twinsen arrived at the Marked Stone, he found a seal of Sendell blocking his way. Many have mistaken the seal for the Marked Stone itself, but in truth, the Marked Stone was beyond the seal. Using the Horn of Gawley, Twinsen was able to break through the seal and use the password, "BURBS", to unlock the Marked Stone. Like the Eclipse Stone, the Marked Stone also broke away from the ground, hovering up an down before Twinsen. However, instead of giving him a magical flute, the Marked Stone provides and endless supply of magic and life points.

[related]
Eclipse Stone
Stone of the Septentrion
Horn of Gawley
Proxim-City

[authors]

D'Sparil

Last edited by D`Sparil; 2002-11-13 at 21:27.
Old 2002-11-13, 21:22

Principal Island, Overview

[stats]

Size: Large
Type: Green
Transportation: Ferry from Citadel Island, or Personal craft

[official]

Sign
Quote:
Welcome to Principal Island.
[fan]

Principal Island is, perhaps, the most populated island in all of Twinsun. Being the second largest island on the Sorthern Hemisphere (White Leaf Desert being the first), Principal Island is a hub of constant activity. Because of it's size and population, Funfrock chose Principal Island to build his headquarters on. Funfrock also built a training ground for his military on the outskirts of town. Additionally, the island has a very extensive library, which houses hundreds upon hundreds of books on just about every subject imaginable. The Old Burg, a multi-leveled city, is home to many peculiar, but nonetheless helpful, inhabitants. During Funfrock's rule, the Old Burg was held in a dangerously strict police state, which caused much resentment within the populace.

If one desires peaceful surroundings, Peg-Leg Street, Port-Belooga, and the Ruins, all lie on the waterfront where one may spend the day gossiping, fishing, or digging among rocks.

[role]

Twinsen often used Principal Island as a go-between for many of his quests. He was able to find several points of valuable information as he slowly won over the hearts and minds of the residents of the Old Burg. He was also able to learn significantly more about The Forbidden Legend and his role he played in it.

[related]
Old Burg
Harbour
Library
Funfrock's Headquarters
Port-Belooga

[authors]

D'Sparil

Repairing mistakes

Proxima: Sewers: Ferry Street

It says, "..he will escaped to the sewers ..." but there should be no "d" in "escaped". Just "escape".

Proxima: Maritime Museum

It says, "Twinsen then throws the switch that the technitian (grobo)..." but "technician" is spelled with a "c", not a second "t".

Last edited by D`Sparil; 2002-11-14 at 15:15.
Old 2002-11-13, 21:53

Statistics for other islands

Citadel Island

[stats]

Size: Medium
Transportation: Ferry from Principal Island, Ferry from the White Leaf Desert, or Personal craft

Proxima Island

[stats]

Transportation: Personal craft

Island of the White Leaf Desert

[stats]

Type: Desert
Transportation: Ferry from Citadel Island, Dino-Fly, or Personal craft

Rebellion Island

[stats]

Transportation: Personal craft

Tippett Island

[stats]

Transportation: Hydroglider or Dino-Fly

Brundle Island

[stats]

Transportation: Hydroglider or Dino-Fly

Fortress Island

[stats]

Size: Small
Transportation: Dino-Fly Only

Hamilayi Mountain Range

[stats]

Size: Huge
Type: Ice
Transportation: Personal craft, Hydroglider, or Dino-Fly

Last edited by D`Sparil; 2002-11-14 at 15:15.
Old 2002-11-14, 05:09

Citadel Island overview

[official]

Sign
Quote:
Welcome to Citadel Island
Captain of the Ferry
Quote:
Good day. You need a boarding ticket to go to Citadel Island.
[fan]

Citadel Island, the home of Twinsun's hero, Twinsen, is the sister island of Proxima. Citadel has a relatively large population, though it is little compared to the likes of Principal Island. During the times of Funfrock's rule, the Citadel loomed over the island's only city, Lupin-Burg. When Funfrock was dethroned the Citadel, and all remnants of his empire, were destroyed. However, the ruins of the giant prison still exist today. The largely mysterious, but benign, Island of the Dome of the Slate erupts out of the water not far from the shores of Citadel Island. And if one wishes to, they may seek adventure in the cavernous cliffs of Citadel's highlands. Conversely, many a grobo has been seen, lazing about the beachhead on the opposite end of the island, getting a tan.

[role]

Citadel Island is Twinsen's home, and as such, he began both of his adventures here. Whether he was dismantling clones under Funfrock's rule, or avoiding the Zeelichian military, Twinsen's presence on Citadel Island was widely seen. His triumphs on Citadel Island included (what are not limited to) the unearthing of Sendell's ball, accessing the hidden room of the Heir beneath his former home, and disposing of the terrible Tralu, who none were sure existed until it was defeated.

All of his accomplishments on Citadel are covered in the individual articles of this catagory.

[related]
Lupin-Burg
Harbour
Cliffs
Island of the Dome of the Slate
Beach Headland

[authors]

D'Sparil

Old 2002-11-14, 05:55

Overview of White Leaf Desert

[official]

Sign
Quote:
You are at the harbor (Island of the White Leaf Desert).
Unknown
Quote:
This ticket allows you to travel aboard the ferry which links Citadel Island and White Leaf Desert Island.
[fan]

The Island of the White Leaf Desert is the largest of all islands in the Southern Hemisphere, and is just recently being populated. Port-Ludo, the only established city on the island, comfortably houses a small populace, while offering beach front property for miles around. During Funfrock's tyrany, the White Leaf Desert probably suffered the least out of all the lands. Considered a dry waste land at the southern most pole, Funfrock only positioned sparatic forces along the coast, as to keep dissidents from defecting into the wilds. But soon after his fall, and as the story of Twinsen unfolded, people began to come in troves to investigate the Temple of Bu.

In addition to the temple, there is a superb race-track for those with a thirst for speed. However, if slower, more relaxed pace, is preferred, then a trip to the spas of the Hacienda are a must. Finally, Bald Mountain, the highest point on the island, once housed a secret base used by the esmers during their brief control of the planet.

[role]

During his adventures on Twinsun, Twinsen spent a great deal of time in the dry sands of the White Leaf Desert. Solving the mysteries of the Temple of Bu, and weeding out the esmers were just some of his exploits underground. He also located the venerable School of Magic, hidden within the cemetary.

[related]
Port-Ludo
Temple of Bu
Hacienda
School of Magic
Race Track

[authors]

D'Sparil

Old 2002-11-14, 06:28

I would say that these are very good articles too, but you already know that.

Just one comment: what's with the "Type: populated" for islands? Check page 1 for what island type means.
Old 2002-11-14, 06:30

Re: Submissions for the Encyclopedia Twinsunica

Quote:
Originally posted by wacko
Type: [green/desert/ice/rock/lava/other]
(Examples: | green: Citadel Island | desert: Desert Island | ice: Hamalayi Mountains | rock: Otringal | lava: Wannies' island | other: Emerald Moon Base)
Old 2002-11-14, 15:21

Oops. I wasn't aware that there was standards for the types of islands. I guess there should be. Anyway, I put "populated" and such to show that they were above ground, and this was the state they were in. IE: Rebellion is in a state of war, therefore it's type was "War Zone". Brundle is mostly just the teleportation center, therefore it's type was "Fortified". I mean, most of us can assume that all the islands on Twinsun are Green except for the Hamilayi, and Polar. And perhaps Tippett if you want to argue that most of it is underground. (Disco music plays as the sign for Funky Town goes by)

Plus, my basis for the statistics was The Elevator platform to the Under-Gas. It says "other" under type, so I figured I could do whatever. But now I know, thanks. I corrected all the mistakes.

Old 2002-11-14, 17:33
Magic Ball Master

Woooo, lots to be added/updated, excellent work again
You're doing a great job.
Old 2002-11-14, 21:52

Cave of the Incandescent Pearl and Island across from the Hacienda

Cave of the Pearl of Incandescent

[official]

Unknown (Grand Rector of the School of Magic or Bersimon, the Weather Wizard, maybe?)
Quote:
There is a giant clam which lives in a marine cave in the cliffs, near Port-Ludo. This creature is host to the pearl of incandescence.
Twinsen
Quote:
Master, I found a strange pearl in a cave, not far from Port-Ludo.
[fan]

Towards the southern end of the Island of the White Leaf Desert lies a cavern opening only accessible by Moya, the giant sea turtle. Inside there lies a giant clam which is the keeper of the Pearl of Incandesence. These pearls, highly valued by wizards, contain magical properties usable in many spells.

[role]

Twinsen, with the help of Moya, found the this cave and the pearl within, during the esmer control of Twinsun. It played a crucial role in finishing the Ring of Lightning and freeing Sendell's Ball from it's holding place.

[related to]
Pearl of Incandesence
Moya
Ring of Lightning
Sendell's Ball

[authors]

D'Sparil

Island across from the Hacienda

[stats]

Size: Tiny
Type: Grass
Transportation: Dino-Fly Only

[official]

Twinsen
Quote:
The island across from the Hacienda.
Unknown
Quote:
I am going to tell you a little secret: a wizard told me that he might have hidden a protective spell on the island across from the Hacienda.
[fan]

The island across from the Hacienda del Monte-Pelado is something the untrained eye might calmly look over or take for granted. However, there is a hidden inlet containing the opening to a dark, flooded, cave. Inside, it has been said, was the remnants of an ancient temple. Additionally, it had been protected by guardians, and was once the holding place for a protection spell.

[role]

Twinsen, upon discovering the cave from the telescope onto of the Hacienda, sought to investigate the hidden cave. Using his Proto-Pack to get inside, he soon encountered the dreadful undead. However, valiant as he is, he fought his way into the inner most sanctum of the cave to find the protection spell being closely guarded by, perhaps, the most hideous beast on Twinsun (next to Funfrock, of course). This beast, whom noone has been able to identify, fought with Twinsen, but fell before the feet of our hero. Twinsen, then, was able to take hold of the protection spell, and escape back to Desert Island.

[theory]

Being so close to the Temple of Bu, one could speculate that this cave, and the artifacts inside, once was a part of the illustrious Temple. Perhaps severed by an earthquake or just the eventual decay of land by the sea, we'll never know.

[related]
Hacienda
Protection spell
(Unknown Beast?)

[authors]

D'Sparil

Corrections

-On the overview of Citadel it says:

"(what are not limited to) "

"what" should be "but"

-And on the Johnny Rocket page, it's spelled like "Johny" all over the place. I dunno if that's how it's supposed to be, or what. Just thought I'd let you know.