Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Projects > Twinsuniverse > Encyclopedia Twinsunica

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Encyclopedia Twinsunica The Encyclopedia Twinsunica is the older version of the Twinsuniverse, about the world of the LBA games.

Old 2003-06-06, 12:46
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
Orange Powder

[official]
Chedil Amiradoo
Quote:
Now that you are a wizard, I can sell you some orange powder. It costs 10 Kashes, and will recharge you in Magic and Life Points.
[fan]
The Orange Powder is a special powder that allows recharging magic and life points to full capacity. Only fully qualified wizards are able to buy this powder, and it is sold by Cheril Amiradoo, who also sells various wizards’ accessories.

[role]
Twinsen didn’t have to buy the powder, but it was quite useful when his life and magic points were going low. Also, the price is rather cheap.

[related]
Chedil Amiradoo

[authors]
morshem

Last edited by morshem; 2003-06-06 at 13:17.
Old 2003-06-06, 13:33

Horn of Gawley

[official]
When finding the horn:
Quote:
You've just found Gawley's Horn, an object left for you by your ancestors.
Inventory description:
Quote:
Gawley's Horn: (ENTER) key. For use on the Seals of Sendell. It will allow you to break them open, which will subsequently allow you to access new places.
In Miss Bloop’s Private Museum:
Quote:
"Horn of Gawley."
[fan]
The Gawley’s Horn is an object left for The Heir by his ancestors in a secret cave behind his house. It allows the person using it to break open the seals of Sendell, which will lead to a new place. To use the horn, the person must blow it towards a Seal of Sendell.

[role]
Twinsen found the Horn of Gawley (along with Sendell’s Medallion) in the hidden cave behind his house, to which he could enter after retrieving LeBorgne’s key from the museum. He had a chance to use it right after finding it, on a Sendell’s Seal that was found in the room. Even though behind most seals he found only clover leaves, some seals were necessary for him to go through. For example, he had to use the horn on the Sendell’s Seal in Desert Island, so that he can meet Joe the Elf and get the Elf’s Club card. Another example is near one of the Runic Stones in Proxima Island, where Twinsen had to blow the horn so that he could get to the stone.

[related]
Sendell

[authors]
morshem
Old 2003-06-06, 14:10

Magic Flute

[official]
When finding the flute:
Quote:
You've just found a Magic Flute.
Inventory description:
Quote:
Magic Flute. The enchanted melodies produced by this instrument can melt frozen Clear Water and make flowers grow in the desert.
Raymond the Elf:
Quote:
If you play the flute there, you will find an important element of the prophecy.
The old man in the desert:
Quote:
You will no longer need the flute, Twinsen. On the other hand, it might allow me to realize an old dream of mine. I'll trade you for this guitar that I found in the middle of a meteor.
Quote:
I'll give you my guitar in exchange for the flute that you possess Twinsen, beforehand, though, you will have play it next to the Clear Water Lake in order to obtain the 4th magical symbol.
[fan]
The Magic Flute, as you may understand from its name, is a flute with magic powers. Its magic is expressed in two ways: melting frozen water, and growing flowers in the desert.

[role]
Twinsen found the flute under one of the Runic Stones in Proxima Island. However, he did not find any use for it until later on in the game, when reaching Clear Water Lake in the Himalayi Mountains. There, he had to melt the frozen water in order to obtain a flask of clear water, one of the four elements of prophecy. With the aid of the flute, Twinsen melted the frozen water.
Later on, Twinsen had to bring a space guitar to a band playing in the Twinsun Café. Finding no further use for the flute, Twinsen traded it with the old rabbibunny in the desert for his guitar. With the flute, the old rabbibunny was able to fulfill an old dream of his- grow flowers in the desert.

[related]
Clear Water Lake
Flask with Clear Water
Old Rabbibunny in the Desert
Legend of Sendell

[authors]
morshem

I have no idea what the name of the rabbibunny is, and I wasn't sure whether to relate it to the Legend of Sendell, but I did anyway.

Last edited by morshem; 2003-06-06 at 15:48.
Old 2003-06-06, 14:19

And btw...

Quote:
From the article of Green Corulla Street
There’s a door in Green Corulla Street, but the door is locked, and I was never able to find the key.
Even though I was never able to find the key, I now know where the key is. Wacko, you may wanna fix it. An explanation about it may be found here.
Old 2003-06-06, 14:50

Another one (I was really bored ;))

Elves Club Blue Card

[official]
Joe when giving the card:
Quote:
You seem to be nice enough, I dub thee an honorary elf. Here's your card. It entitles you to a present.
When receiving the card:
Quote:
With this card you are the fourth member of the Elves club. Anyway, its your own business!
Inventory description:
Quote:
The Elves Club Blue Card. This card is coated with star powder and will allow you to open the doors with blue locks.
Raymond the Elf:
Quote:
And if you have a membership card you can show me, I've something else for you.
Quote:
Hi, you should go see one of my fellow elves who is in the White Leaf Desert. He can give you a blue card.
[fan]
The Elves Card is a blue card coated with star powder. It is a proof that the owner is officially part of the Elves Club. It also enables opening some gates around Twinsun.

[role]
Twinsen received the card from Joe the Elf, after finding him in a maze in Desert Island. The card guaranteed him an entrance to the Elves Club, as the fourth member there. Later on, after finding and releasing Raymond the Elf, Twinsen received from the latter some clovers as gratitude. Also, Twinsen needed the card in order to open specific gates around Twinsun, especially in the Himalayi area.

[theories]
When Twinsen receives the card, the narrator says that he’s officially the fourth member of the Elves Club. However, it is only known about two elves other than him: Joe and Raymond. It is unknown who the third elf is.

[related]
Joe the Elf
Raymond the Elf

[authors]
morshem
Old 2003-06-07, 15:56
1st of the Serpent Riders

Send a message via AIM to D`Sparil Send a message via MSN to D`Sparil
sweet. I'm glad to see that articles are still being written. Perhaps I'll write some more soon. It seems about that time for me to do that.

"I can't believe it! There are two of 'em in this cell! Open the doors! I'm gonna put the funny one in his own cell." - Security guard on Otringal
Old 2003-06-07, 18:36

I think I'm gonna write some more too soon, although almost all articles about objects (my speciality ) are done...

I should consider writing about places as well, although it's much bigger articles in this case.
Old 2003-06-11, 10:17

Wink Man, this project rules!

Pharmacy

[official]
Quote:
Downtown Pharmacy.
Quote:
Twinsen, rush to the downtown pharmacy and find a cure for the Dino-Fly ! He has just crashed in the garden and looks injured.
Quote:
Welcome, dear customer! I don't have any more cherry flavored syrup, but there is a pharmacy open on Citadel Island.
[fan]
The pharmacy is a rather large building located at the centre of Lupin Burg, Citadel Island’s only city. It provides a wide range of medicines for any kind of sickness, including life candies and magic flasks. The place was being managed by a nurse quetch during FunFrock’s reign, replaced by a female rabbibunny later on.

[role]
In his first adventure, Twinsen needed a bottle of cherry syrup in order to change the water taste at Principal Island. Since there was none left on the island, he had to go back to the pharmacy at Citadel Island to get some. After killing a guard so that he could get the key, Twinsen entered the pharmacy, where he met the quetch pharmacist. The pharmacist, being afraid of Twinsen, immediately pressed the alarm button and called a supergro clone. Then, Twisnen had to be both fast and accurate, in order to defeat the clone before being sent back to the citadel. After he did so, it wasn’t too hard defeating the pharmacist as well, and then getting the cherry syrup he needed.
In his second adventure, having to cure Dino-Fly, the pharmacy was the first important building Twinsen had to visit. There, he disappointedly learned from the new pharmacist that the pharmacy does not provide anything for a Dino-Fly. However, Twinsen was lucky enough to be there just at the same time as a nice female sphero visited the place as well. After Twinsen got her umbrella back, Leone, that was the sphero’s name, helped Twinsen by sending him to the healing wizard in Desert Island.

[trivia]
After Twinsen defeated the quetch nurse in his first adventure, he was able to get free life candies and magic flasks from the pharmacy, as well as some money from the cashier.

[related]
Pharmacist (LBA 1)
Pharmacist (LBA 2)
Bottle of syrup
Life candy
Flasks of magic powder

[authors]
morshem
Old 2003-06-11, 10:44

School

[official]

[fan]
The school is where the children of Citadel Island spend most of their time. With the assistance of the teacher, the children learn reading and writing, as well as about the history of their planet Twinsun. On their spare time, the children either play or go out for a nice excursion. Most of them also love singing nursery rhymes about their beloved goddess, Sendell.

[role]
The school itself served absolutely no role. However, the children and the teacher were able to give Twinsen some clues as to where to find Raph the lighthouse keeper.
The children of the school played later on a great role in the adventure, after being kidnapped by the esmers. The school, however, was not a part of the storyline any more.

[trivia]
For some good laughs, try hitting the children. They may look innocent, but watch out when they warn you!

[related]
Teacher

[authors]
morshem
Old 2003-06-11, 10:56

Shop

[fan]
The small shop at the edge of Lupin Burg is owned by a grobo named Mr. Bazoo. There, the inhabitants of Citadel Island may purchase necessary items, ranging from the most basic items, like life candies and flasks of magic powder, to more rare ones, as a nitro-meca-penguin, darts or even a holomap. Sometimes, although quite rare, one may find there a flask of gallic acid. The prices at the shop are rather low, comparing with shops on other islands.

[role]
Although having no important role in his adventure, Twinsen went from time to time to the shop, in case he lacked some life candies or magic. However, it wasn’t very often that he came to this shop.

[trivia]
If Twinsen throws a Nitro-Meca Penguin in Mr. Bazoo’s bazaar, Bazoo will just run away, leaving the shop empty. Twinsen can then get an unlimited supply of free Penguins.

[related]
Bazoo
Life candy
Flasks of magic powder
Nitro-Meca-Penguin
Darts
Holomap

[authors]
morshem
Old 2003-06-11, 11:10

Beach Headland

[official]
Sign pointing to the beach:
[quote] "Beach headland."[/url]
Zed:
Quote:
By the way, I wouldn't try to go swimming, it gets deep very rapidly.
[fan]
The beach headland is a pleasant, quiet place at the edge of Citadel Island, at which the inhabitants of the island can enjoy a nice, warm sun. Even though the water is rather deep and isn’t appropriate for swimming, most people still enjoy coming there just to rest. The beach is mainly the residence of Zed, who likes to come there after a long day of mushroom picking.

[role]
The beach did not play a role in either one of Twinsen’s adventure. During his first one, it was a rather remote zone behind his house, to which almost no one ever arrived. It was the passage, though, to the secret cave behind Twinsen’s house, where he found the Horn of Gawley and Sendell’s Medallion.
During Twinsen’s second adventure, the beach also played a very minor role. Twinsen actually had nothing to do there, unless of course he wished to meet his friend Zed.

[related]
Zed

[authors]
morshem
Old 2003-06-11, 12:25

Angry Damn you wacko!

I just went over the last couple of pages, and realized that D'Sparil already wrote about some of the things I wrote about today!

GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

And all because you didn't add the articles yet!

Ahhm...

Wacko, please add the articles already!
Old 2003-06-11, 16:52

Sorry for the double double double double (etc.) post, but I guess in this thread it's allowed, right?

Now:
wacko, going over some articles in the Twinsunica, I found some articles with spelling/grammar/accuracy errors. How can I edit existing articles? (not only mine, but also others')
Old 2003-06-13, 06:41

I PMed wacko about it a while ago. I believe he's the only one with the power to edit the site. Though, I wouldn't mind helping, if you need it, wacko.

"I can't believe it! There are two of 'em in this cell! Open the doors! I'm gonna put the funny one in his own cell." - Security guard on Otringal
Old 2003-06-13, 06:43

Wacko told me in #lba yesterday that he has no time for the Twinsunica. I hope he will soon. It doesn't really encourage people to write more articles, you know.

But I think Lightwing or someone else has access to the editing. And yes, wacko, I believe it would be useful to allow one of the more active writers to be able to edit articles (D'Sparil, Twinsal, Lightwing, me, etc.).
Old 2003-06-13, 21:49

Yeah. I'm not sure how much work is needed for each article, and what not, but I wouldn't want to write more and then make it all a big headache in the end.

Old 2003-06-14, 02:26

Rick’s Café

[official]
Souvenirs seller:
Quote:
Are you kidding me? Nobody can get close. The only ones crazy enough to make a go at it, are Rick's gang. Rick, he's the owner of that bar, by the harbor. But he's much more than that, he's in charge of the Otringal underworld. Go see him, maybe he'll help ya.
Sign near the café:
Quote:
Rick's Café.
[fan]
Rick’s Café is a rather large café at which the inhabitants of Otringal can enjoy a good drink along with some music shows, whether they are good or bad. The place also contains a few slot machines, in case the customers wish to try their luck at gambling.
The café is a rather poor place, suitable mainly for the working class. It employs a few workers, including some gloums as waiters and some way oversized wannies as Rick’s bodyguards.
Rick, as the place name might suggest, is the owner of the café. However, this is only his daytime job. At night, he is the big boss of the island’s mafia- the dissidents, leading a fight against the emperor. Thanks to his bodyguards, it is quite impossible to reach Rick in case you’d like to meet him.

[role]
Apart from some useful clues he could get from the customers of the café, Twinsen’s main role there was to speak with Rick, after the souvenirs seller in Celebration Island told him Rick can help him reaching Island CX. However, this turned out to be an uneasy task, as Rick’s office was heavily guarded by his mighty bodyguards. Twinsen had two ways to get into the office; the first one was to kill the bodyguards and enter through the door. This, however, meant he had to use his magic ball, as the bodyguards just smacked his face whenever he tried to get near them. The second option, and the slightly more complicated one, was sneaking into the backstage. There, in the back room, he had to arrange three poles so that he could jump on them and get into a secret room leading to Rick’s office.
Once meeting Rick, Twinsen explained him that he had to get to Island CX. Rick said that he can’t help him, but sent him to Johnny Rocket at the Imperial Hotel.
The café didn’t serve any use after that, but Twinsen could always come there and try his luck at the slot machines.

[theories]
There’s a big statue in the middle of the bar, and it is unknown what this thing is. A discussion about it may be found here.

[related]
Rick

[authors]
morshem
Old 2003-06-14, 09:37

Cemetery

[official]
Someone in Citadel Island:
Quote:
Ah yes! It is on Desert Island. You'll find it easely, the entry is inside the cemetery !
Sign in the desert:
Quote:
"To the cemetery."
Rabbibunny on top of the hacienda:
Quote:
It's in the desert. The entrance is in a cemetery to scare off strangers.
Anatole:
Quote:
What, the school of bowling, er... of magic? Ah yes, when I was young, it was said to be in the cemetery!
[fan]
The cemetery is where the inhabitants of Desert Island get buried after they pass away. The cemetery is a small one, rather mysterious. It appears to be the burial place of those who cannot afford a better place.
There are rumors going on around the island about a school hidden in the cemetery for teaching magic.

[role]
The cemetery itself had no specific role in Twinsen’s adventure. However, it is the passage to the School of Magic, where Twinsen learned magic in order to treat his Dino-Fly. The cemetery was, however, locked when Twinsen reached it, so he had to find a secret passage through which he could enter.
Also, throughout his studies at the school, Twinsen met Joe the Elf in the cemetery, in the form of a shell. Once receiving the Horn of the Blue Triton, Twinsen could heal Joe, and in return get three clover leaves.

[throeies]
The existence of a cemetery in Desert Island makes one wonder where people in other islands are buried once they day.
Also, a weird thing is that even if Twinsen won’t help Joe, the latter would not be there any more when Twinsen went to Zeelich.

[related]
Joe the Elf
School of Magic

[authors]
morshem
Old 2003-06-14, 10:22

Hacienda

[official]
Sign in the desert:
Quote:
"To the Hacienda del Monte-Pelado."
Sign near the hacienda:
Quote:
"You are at the Hacienda del Monte-Pelado."
Esmer in Citadel Island:
Quote:
Greetings, Master. You should go to Desert Island. Towards the hacienda, near the Bald Mountain, we are organizing a little gathering for the wizards. You will probably find it interesting.
An unknown character:
Quote:
You know, I wonder if they might have brought her around, actually...What with all the wizards and Esmers hanging around the Hacienda these days...
Chedil Amiradoo:
Quote:
I saw Ker'aooc pass by a while back. Told me the Esmers had invited him...someplace or other. Regardless, he was going to the Hacienda.
An unknown character:
Quote:
Actually I saw one earlier. He was carrying suitcases and heading for the Hacienda. These Esmers make my skin break out. I wonder if they really came in peace.
Quote:
Earlier, when I was on the other side of the island, I saw one enter the Hacienda.
Quote:
The wizards? Ah yes, I saw some pass by quite a while back. They were talking about the Hacienda, in the desert.
Quote:
I'm unclear on the details, but a customer told me about an old wiseman who presumably knows all the island secrets. I believe he lives near the Hacienda.
[fan]
The Hacienda del Monte-Pelado is a rather large building located at the northwest of Desert Island. There, the island’s inhabitants can enjoy a good drink, or, if they wish, a warm sauna bathing.
The place is divided into three main sections; the first one, which is also the entrance to the building, is a small café where the customers can enjoy a nice drink. This section also contains a ladder to the roof, located behind the cashier. There, at the roof, you will usually find an extremely wise rabbibunny playing his flute.
The second section is the main room, at which one can find a nice big fountain. This room serves no use, though.
The third section is the sauna. There, people come from all around the island to relax after a hard day at work. The sauna is divided into a men’s room and a ladies’ room.
The hacienda is owned by a grobo named Masher. He may look nice, but anyone who will try to enter the ladies’ sauna will have a deal with him.
Across the hacienda is a nameless island, often referred to as The Island across the Hacienda.

[role]
Although nothing major happened to Twinsen in the hacienda itself, it did serve a few roles.
First of all, in order to get to the Island across the Hacienda, Twinsen first had to look at the island through the telescope located on the roof. In order to reach the roof, Twinsen had to make a visit to the ladies’ sauna room. After Masher came to take him out of there, the way to the roof was free. While at the roof, Twinsen could also consult the wise rabbibunny there. The latter would usually be helpful in whatever Twinsen needed information about.
However, this was rather a minor thing, considering the hacienda’s main role. It was at the hacienda that the esmers organized a meeting for the wizards. Any wizard who came there was taken by an esmer to their base, through a secret passage in the men’s room at the sauna. The esmers then took the wizards to their planet, Zeelich. Twinsen had to graduate from the school of magic first before he could also go to Zeelich.

[related]
Masher

[authors]
morshem
Old 2003-06-14, 10:38

Oasis

[official]
Sign in the desert:
Quote:
The oasis in the desert.
Girl at the beach:
Quote:
Now that the clouds are gone, I can finally enjoy our twin sunshine. You know, I heard there's an oasis in the desert where there's this giant turtle. I'd love to go there...
Leopold:
Quote:
Hi Twinsen. If you want to see Moya the turtle, you may find her at the small oasis or on the other side of the harbor. To call her, just ring the bell.
[fan]
The oasis is located at the south east point of Desert Island. It provides shallow water, and is mainly used for relaxation.
The oasis is the place where Moya the turtle spends most of her time. If one wishes to see her, all he has to do is ring the bell located there.
Also, the place provides a comfortable landing point for Dino-Flies.

[role]
It is at the oasis where Twinsen called Moya the turtle whenever he needed her to take him somewhere. Also, it is where Dino-Fly landed and stayed while Twinsen was around the island.

[related]
Moya
Dino-Fly

[authors]
morshem
Old 2003-06-14, 10:42

I edited the kashes article a bit:

Kashes

[official]
Quote:
It is the exchange currency of your planet Twinsun. It allows you to buy the articles you are interested in
[fan]
Kashes are the currency in Twinsun, Twinsen’s planet. They are used by the inhabitants of the island to buy anything they wish.

[role]
Twinsen used Kashes in order to buy anything he was interested in. Once arriving on Zeelich, he found no further use for them, and was more than happy to sell them to the Twinsunian Souvenir Shop.

[related]
Zlitos
Twinsunian Souvenir Shop

[authors]
morshem
Old 2003-06-14, 10:54

Inter Island Ferry building

[official]
Quote:
Welcome to the Inter-islands Ferry, Mr. Twinsen!
[fan]
The Inter Island Ferry building is a small building located in Port-Ludo at Desert Island. There, anyone who wishes to go to Citadel Island should buy a ticket before he can board. A ticket price is 12 kashes, and the only possible destination is Citadel Island. The place is owned by the Inter Island Ferry services, and is managed by an unnamed grobo.

[role]
The building’s obvious role in Twinsen’s adventure was when he had to go to Citadel Island. All Twinsen had to do was buy a ferry ticket so that he could sail back to his home island.

[related]
Ferry Ticket

[authors]
morshem
Old 2003-06-14, 10:57

I also edited the Zlitos article a bit:

Zlitos

[official]
Quote:
It is the exchange currency of planet Zeelich. With it, you can buy the articles you are interested in on planet Zeelich.
[fan]
Zlitos are the currency of Zeelich, planet of the esmers. The esmers use them to buy anything they’re interested in.
However, unlike in Twinsun, it is unlikely to find them by searching rubbish bins and plants.

[role]
With the Zlitos, Twinsen bought anything he was interested on in Zeelich.

[related]
Kashes
Zeelich

[authors]
morshem
Old 2003-06-14, 11:10

Race track

[official]
Zoë:
Quote:
Twinsen, if you want to try out the car, just go to the racetrack or the desert. As long as I'm here, I'm going to catch up on a little shopping. I'll meet you back at the house.
[fan]
The race track is an enormous racing track at the very north of Desert Island. There, people get a chance to drive their car, whether it’s for fun, for practicing or even for competitions.
However, the place seems rather deserted. Very few people come racing there.

[role]
The track served no role in Twinsen’s adventure. However, it could be very useful in case he had to practice his driving skills. He could also go there whenever he was bored, and drive around just for entertainment.

[trivia]
Don’t worry if you lose your car on one of the mountains, as the racer guy there will sell you a new one for 50 kashes if you do.

[related]
Racer
Car Part

[authors]
morshem
Old 2003-06-15, 14:31

I wrote a huge article about the School of Magic, and I'll submit it as soon as I can add the related links (i.e. as soon as the Twinsunica will be back online ).