Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2020-03-27, 12:17
weee

Official 2020 Apocalypse Thread for MBN Survivors

Long time no be.

I'm losing my shits. And there's a coup in my country now on top of everything. From democracy to dictatorship in the blink of an eye.

Scared to death of the virus. War of the Worlds scenario. So why no escape to the past. MBN, how are you dealing?
Old 2020-03-28, 00:32
Magic Ball Master

Send a message via MSN to johnnybrubacker
Unfortunately I've got no escape from the virus - as soon I'll be redeployed to the frontline medical specialities - either emergency medicine, itu or acute medicine. Without proper PPE equipment from the government (research says that viral load - linked to time spent with the infected has an effect on symptoms), I'm scared for my safety - but more my parents.
Old 2020-03-28, 02:12
Magic Ball Mister

Saying that 2020 kicked it up a notch is a gross understatement.

My work closed for a couple of weeks, so I've been at home twiddling my thumbs and playing around with code.
The Aust government have their heads in the sand. Not as bad as Trump has been these last couple of weeks, but bad enough that our PM is threatening to do his job "if we don't behave" - SMH

I do hope that everyone's safe and well though
Old 2020-03-28, 12:35
Neko

working and composing from home,

hope my family stays safe, it's kinda scary but you hope for the best.
Stay safe everyone
Old 2020-03-29, 20:50
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
Old 2020-04-05, 03:43
weee

My little contribution to the world. Title screens are important.
Click image for larger version

Name:	2020.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	436.1 KB
ID:	10311

Last edited by ChaosFish; 2020-04-05 at 03:51.
Old 2020-04-06, 01:22
Magic Ball Master

I’ve been unemployed for a couple weeks now. Probably will be for a couple months more. All things considered I’ve got it easy. I’m relatively young and in good shape, will be ok financially as long as this doesn’t last a year. Even so, the longer it lasts the less choice there will be about government assistance. My country in general is fucked, however. Hundreds of thousands will die.
Old 2020-04-20, 23:35
the legend

quote #38:
at Citadel Island
It is forbidden to travel outside the Citadel in that kind of attire!

Polaris: "And what is a guitar doing in the middle of an asteroïd anyway?"
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Old 2020-04-28, 09:01
sean121

Quote:
Originally Posted by DedalousDiggle View Post
I’ve been unemployed for a couple weeks now. Probably will be for a couple months more. All things considered I’ve got it easy. I’m relatively young and in good shape, will be ok financially as long as this doesn’t last a year. Even so, the longer it lasts the less choice there will be about government assistance. My country in general is fucked, however. Hundreds of thousands will die.
Same here Man. This virus ruining everyone's life anyway whether you have this virus or not.
Old 2020-04-28, 14:50
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Here in Slovenia, it's rather fine. We're hovering around 6 new cases per day these days (was around 40-something at the peak), so it seems to be subsiding. It also seems to be subsiding in Italy, yesterday there were only 1739 new cases, it hasn't been this low in a month and a half.

I'm concerned now about Russia, however, they have quite the spike there, especially in Moscow, and about Japan... since I know people in both countries.

- ChaosFish: How exactly has Israel become a dictatorship? I thought they simply had an agreement between two parties to form a shared government, which is nothing unusual - Italy and Slovenia both have coalition governments as well. The only country that has come close to becoming a dictatorship lately, is Hungary where Orbán has managed to have the Parliament give him unlimited powers for as long as he wants.
Old 2020-05-03, 23:38
weee

Obras: This agreement between the parties has nothing to do with democracy. People have voted for the opposing party for the sole purpose of replacing the criminal running the state. The common assumption is that the opposing party leader was being blackmailed or otherwise threatened and forced to bend over.
Old 2020-05-07, 00:05
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
Sorry but that's not the common assumption at all. The common assumption is that the opposition leader backed himself into a corner when his party split in two (one half was against joining the current PM in a joint government) and now the opposition leader has much less leverage and stands to lose much more than the PM if we went for another round of elections. So he's capitulating to the PM's demands to an extent in order to make a joint government possible.
Old 2020-05-25, 08:04
this's longer than allowe

I'm sorry to hear about some of you guys at the other side of the ocean are having a rough time. I hope it gets better soon in the summer.

Here in Chile we are entering the winter season and it is going to get bad. We have 40+ deads and 3800+ infected per day. Poor people are out in protests because they can't work and there is minimal aid from the government.

It is crazy, isn't it? It's like we're living in a dystopian movie.
Old 2020-05-26, 16:41
weee

We're living in the prequel, the real thing will begin once the icebergs melt.
Old 2020-05-28, 19:31
Magic Level: Green Ball

You need the flute to melt the iceburgs
Old 2020-05-31, 01:25
this's longer than allowe

funny and sad
Old 2020-07-05, 19:34
Magic Level: Green Ball

Due to the fact the pandemic is easing I thought I'd bump this so we can all post how we're getting on and how we all found it
Old 2020-07-16, 18:01
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

So why no escape to the past. MBN, how are you dealing?
Old 2020-07-22, 22:43
Magic Ball Master

Things are not going well here.